Chapter 39

When the stranger began to close the distance between them she tried hard to tear her gaze off him, but It was the same as Maricella was glued to his hypnotic gray orbs. She used all her willpower to move but she can't, no matter how much force she used she still end up staring back at him. A terrifying and very powerful aura surrounds her. It was so strong that she could feel her stomach churn and if this went on she would possibly throw up anything inside her tummy. When the distance between them was just an inch apart, he raised his hand and reached for Maricella's cheek. He wiped her hair on the side that covered her wet face from crying. Maricella knows she looked like a mess with smudge mascara and eyeliner due to crying. Her hair isn't in place anymore because of her movement but that doesn't mean this stranger is allowed to touch her as he owns her. She cringed, feeling those cold fingers touch her skin. His cold demure is like venom that went running through her body. His gray eyes roamed her face. It seems like he's trying to familiarize himself with every spot in Maricella's unrecognizable face. She was surprised when the stranger bent down to her level and sniffed her scent. He inhaled deeply which caused his body to shudder in delight. She felt petrified when she remembered her dream that is now happening in real life.

" I can hear your heart beating faster, are you scared of me I prinkípissá you? " there was an annoying smirk on his perfectly sculptured face before he spoke again.

" You better not my dear, Because I am the reason why you and the entire vampire race are still alive " His raw voice as cold as ice it can make any vampire cower in fear. She was puzzled by what the stranger meant. She can't comprehend in her mind how on earth he can be the reason why she's still alive?!

His words made her confused but before she could ask him, he looked away scanning the surrounding. His gray orbs stop at the corner where Martha was standing. She felt relief that she was no more hypnotized by those orbs but still her body stay rooted in place unable to move. She watch as Martha's body went rigid for a minute before she started to walk in their direction. When Martha is just a few meters away, she stops and bows her head to the stranger.

Her lips turned into thin lines when she saw what Martha did. Her blood starts to boil from anger thinking how could Martha bow and give respect to that damn vampire when she just witnessed how he pulverized and knocked down Maricella's father and her Husband. She started to doubt Martha's loyalty. She started to think if Martha is a part of this?! If she is correct, how would Martha do this to them?! She thought she was on their side?!

" My Lord, forgive me but that child doesn't know you, Why is such a high royalty causing havoc in this peaceful ceremony? If this child somehow offended you please show some mercy My Lord, She's just an ordinary child, your children too..." Martha said in her defense. She heaves a heavy sigh knowing she's wrong.
'Ohh thank goodness she's not betraying us
What she can't understand is the last sentence that Martha said, what does she mean by 'Your children too?!''
How can that be possible?!
Maricella studied vampire history and she was sure as hell that she never saw his face in the high royalty book.
There was no written history about him, what she knows is that there's one high of all high royalty that was not written in the book.
Could it be him what she thought he was?! If he is, she couldn't believe it. It was a very old story and is almost like folklore in vampire history and society. Suddenly, a mocking laugh echoed inside the church.

"You don't know nothing oracle" the stranger's deep icy voice made Martha look pale and step back. She couldn't understand how on earth a single vampire can cause chaos and fear, Even Martha is scared to offend him. Maricella got startled when the stranger's gaze went back to her. His once gray eyes Are now glistening, a fusion of silver and gray. He gave off such terrifying gazes his looks can give you a taste of hell by just staring at those orbs. The stranger closes the distance between him and Maricella, Even when she's scared and still can't move she didn't show it. But her resolve was shattered when she heard the stranger utter those same words in her dream.

"Forgive me, my dear, if I ruin your wedding day but you have something I need, please allow me to demonstrate what it is."And with that, the stranger wave his hand on Maricella's face, and just like a puppet she bent her head to the side exposing the naked skin of her neck. She screams in horror realizing what he meant to do with her! He's going to mark her as his. But that's not possible! She is already bonded with her husband; she can't be mated to another vampire when her soul is bound to others!

But he still did.

Maricella tried to trash out but no matter what she did she still stayed like a motionless puppet until she felt his fang dig into her skin, on the crook of her neck where her fellow vampires were supposed to mark their mate. A painful scream came out of her mouth. It's like her body and soul are splitting apart.

Maricella knows what it is, this is the result of forcefully unbinding her from her one true mate. Tears start to stream down her cheeks feeling helpless that she can't do anything to stop this from happening. She knows nobody can't help her. Even though they try, her family and friends are no match for him. His power is beyond even the Queen, Dalton's mother can't be in his level of mobility and prowess to immobilize everyone in the cathedral.
Maricella isn't mad at them at all; she knows far too well that her family and friends will risk their lives to help her but it's much better if they wouldn't make any drastic move. She will never forgive herself if one of her loved ones sacrifices their life to save her. She felt the stranger's fang go too deep that she shuddered in pain.
He was not only marking her as his but feeding also on her, His sipping too much of her blood that she could feel her life starting to fade away. Slowly Maricella feels her eyelids are too heavy to stay awake.'Too tired.' She murmured in her unstable state. She decided to close her eyes happily welcoming her death. In her mind, there is no way she would live after this marking. Her life, her love, and her soul belong only to one demon prince and that's Dalton. Whether in this lifetime or the others. It will always be Dalton. But when she's on the verge of death, there's something that pulls her back to life.