Chapter 57 Lost memory

After the intense scene earlier this morning, Dalton and Maricella decided to meet her family and Martha in the dining hall of the castle. She found out that after she lost consciousness Dalton her 'husband' brought her back to the demon world. When they explain to her everything that happens she thinks she will go madly insane. It blew out all of her logical thinking.

At some point when they are explaining it she can hardly understand how on earth she was chosen to be a mate to a demon prince. When she becomes the cure their creator needs to be fully immortal and she becomes a hero saving the entire vampire race without remembering it. Maricella also can't understand why even though she forgot about her husband or her soulmate but when she first met Dalton something inside her heart that she cannot decipher urged her to lock him with her. The next thing she knew she was already licking the skin on his neck before biting him. Leaving her mark on a Demon Prince.

Everything in the whole story is so strange but one thing she knows for sure. Even though her mind is wiped off by all the traces of memories of their past but her heart can never forget whom it truly belongs to. Maricella is utterly astounded knowing she now has fangs and additional power after their creator bit her. If before she was just a hybrid, now she doesn't know anymore what to describe herself. Her craving for Dalton's blood intensified and she had to hold herself not to devouring her handsome prince. After they bond their soul as one and make love. She's kind of mellow down going with the flow like a tame wild cat.

Goddess! She can't help it.

The magic pull is hard to resist and Dalton's alluring body and delectable blood can drive her insane. Knowing she lost something of her memories made her feel incomplete. She wanted to remember it so she can move on to her present life. The last thing she knows is before going to Thrust Academy and there's an urging feeling that she wanted to go back there to see if somehow she can pick up even just a tiny bit of her past life. The affirmation of Martha and her parents that she is truly a married woman made her also dizzy. She can't accept that things went this way without her remembering a thing. She wanted to regain the fragment for the first time when she met Dalton until she decided that she was ready to marry him.

Damn!

Based on what Martha and her parents said to her, Maricella can't believe that she threw her lifelong dream for a handsome demon prince. She wasn't even finished with her college and it was not even a year since she met him. She wanted to know what happened. How can things go so quickly?! Was she that in love with him? So much so that she decided to choose him over the dream she set her mind on fulfilling one day. She was so close to graduating and becoming somebody that her parents could be proud of. Then the next thing she knew she was now a princess, married, and with a child. Half of her mind can't accept the fact that she is what she is now, just standing and accepting things as they are right now and living the rest of her life with a lost memory seems a bit bothersome.

No. That's not her at all. She needs to remember everything so she can move on. She knew that many would be jealous of her status in life.

Who will Not?!

She went up from a normal hybrid vampire to a princess and soon became a Queen when Dalton's father stepped down and gave the throne to his only son. But believe it or not, there's nothing that could complete a person's life mortal or immortal than to have a past that you could remember and look back on in the future. So now her mission is to try to recall the past so she can face the future with her head held high without any confusion. She just hopes they would agree with her decision, however, if they don't Maricella is still gonna find a way to fulfill this no matter what. She was busy planning the things she wanted to say in the second meeting that she needed to attend today because this morning was with her family and Martha only. She hasn't seen Dalton's family because they are too busy fixing the trouble which creates panic in the immortal realm. The peace between morals and unknown creatures was disturbed by Dalton's brute force of bringing high-ranking demons into the earthy world. Even King Chrysaor the king of unknown creatures has to step up and be involved as he is the scale balancing the moral realm and immortal realm. Maricella was still a bit surprised, seeing Dalton can magically pop up behind her while she was brushing her hair in front of a body-size mirror.

" Are you ready my sweet angel?" Dalton snaked his hand around her neck. She watched him bend his body down and plant a kiss on her exposed shoulder then he stared straight at her in the mirror. Maricella hitches her breath meeting his obsidian orb. Her heart flutters as butterflies swarm around it. Again she was magnetized by those pools of black holes. She can't deny that this man in front of her can make her heart race a million times in a minute. She closed her eyes for a second. She can't let herself be always under his spell. If she does, she might regret not trying to remember anything. She cleared her throat and unlocked those hands resting on her shoulder and neck. She stood up and turned around facing him with a smile on her face.

" Let's go," she said to him and walked first to the door.

He seems a bit taken aback for a second before he manages to smile back at her. They walk the similar long hallway in silence before turning to the left and stopping at two wooden doors in front of them. Dalton pushes it open revealing the marvelous dining hall again she saw this morning.

"Oh! They are here. " her mom said, announcing to the rest of the immortals waiting for them in the dining hall. She noticed her mother standing up together with her dad and Martha. However, three other immortals seem familiar to her but she can't remember where she met them. Her brows furrowed, and the unfamiliarity is obvious on her face. They all walk toward them with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Sophie! you may not remember me big sis but I am very close to you before things got complicated.." she said with an awkward look when finishing her last sentence.

Maricella stared at the young lady and she noticed how she looked completely the same as the woman next to her only she was a younger version. Nonetheless, these two lovely women are stunning and beyond beautiful. She smiled at her and accepted her hand.

" I'm so sorry that I can't remember you, but I will try my best to bring back my old memories.." There's pure determination in her voice which made the young lady named Sophie smile big and hug her in return.

"That would be great Big sis! Oh wait! by the way, this is my Mom, Queen Sophia, and my Dad, King Damien." Sophie's introduction. She bows her head to both of them in respect. She was shocked when Queen Sophia hugged her in return and kissed both of her cheeks in a French way.

" Oh dear, I am so delighted to see you again. You don't know how sad this castle has become when you went missing. Dalton was so-."Queen Sophia was cut off from saying more when they heard Dalton clear his throat. Maricella's gaze went from Queen Sophia to Dalton's serious look.

" Mother, I believe Maricella has already a lot to take in from not remembering us. I prepare if you guys speak less about the past ." Dalton said with his serious look that made the room so quiet. Even his father was silent for a second before he agreed with what Dalton said.

"Your right Son, Princess Maricella please accept our apologies. We haven't thought about your feelings." King Damien said but she quickly dismissed it.

" No please it's alright. Nobody made a mistake. Although Dalton is correct, indeed, I am still a bit confused with everything. Please forgive me for not remembering all of you but if I closed my eyes and looked deep inside my heart I know you guys have a special place in it. My mind can't recognize it but my heart does." She said with teary eyes before hugging the three of them. What she said is true, her heart surprisingly knows them the same way it warms up to the grim face of the handsome demon next to her. It was tested when her body recognized Dalton that day she first met him in the forest.