Chapter 35

The cave is at the far end of the forest, and they know many wouldn't dare to go far in the woods because there are plenty of wild animals. They all work together testing the pros and cons if they see the light, what kind of light won't harm them? They tried burning their hands in the candle, but they didn't feel any slightest pain. King Theo and his friend all end up in one conclusion again.
Only the light coming from the sun can hurt them, and they can't be exposed to the sun for a long time.
Days passed by and they couldn't take it anymore. They couldn't eat mortal food. The animal's blood isn't enough to take their thirst and hunger away.
One evening they decided to walk down the forest and took a maid who was easily lured by them with just a simple smile and soft caress on her cheeks.
They brought her back to their cave to feast on her and to test what they thought was correct.
The maid didn't care that ten men were biting her in every exposed vein of her body. It's like she's in ecstasy, moaning in delight while they are feeding on her.
It was the first time they felt strength and satisfaction that was so addicting. None wanted to stop drinking it. Only King Theo has the guts to stop himself, he pulled his friends away and gave his meaning why they should keep the woman alive. She's their first subject and they can't just kidnap people and cause panic in the town. He told them that they need to see what will happen if they bite a human.
All his friends fully trust him so they tried also to control themselves.
Before the sunrise is up, the woman they took from the town starts to scream in agony while turning and tossing around.
She tried to tear her dress and scratched her skin, screaming it' hurts! it burns! Before she stops moving.
They all heard her heart stop, just like what happened to them after the burning feeling inside their body. When she wakes up, she is so confused about why she's surrounded by many men. At that time, if you were a woman and people see you together with many men, they will defile you as people call now a day, a slut. So before they could stop her with her new gain agility, she ran away in panic and was burnt instantly by the sun. It wasn't long once she saw the daylight, and it hit her skin and she turned into ashes within a second.
King Theo and his friend were stunned and petrified. They learn that if they want to create one like them, they should lock it up and tell them the consequences if they want to live long.
Also, they conclude that only they can withstand the sun for a few minutes but their creation can only last in a matter of seconds. That conclusion was only changed when they found out that if a one-night walker finds a matching soul, then they won't die, and their offspring can walk in the daylight just like a normal human. The only difference is the ten of them. Few of his fellow Kings found their soulmates, but the sun can still kill them.
Too many tragedies happen, which leads him now all alone.
The last remaining nightwalker.
Ever since that night, he never walks in the broad daylight. He can't even remember anymore how it feels like to be under the sun and to glide with people in the daytime. He must admit that he misses walking again freely in broad daylight without vanishing into ashes. The old biblical book is a little reminder of what they've done. He still remembered what was written on it
"I made you from dust and from dust you will return." The consequence of their action is they can never see daylight again. If King Theo does it now and he dies, all of his people will turn into ashes together with him. Even the Cure will die too because she's a vampire, so he must succeed in protecting her and the entire race of Vampires before his sanity is replaced with madness. It happens to some of his friends and his no exemption. King Theo can feel it creeping into his heart and mind. Sadly, you will feel only regret always at the end of a wrong choice that you made.
King Theo wishes he never believed that older woman.
Maybe he can find a wife, live a healthy life, and die peacefully in the end.
Gaining this immortality didn't help much.
He only witnessed his family from afar getting older and dying.
Throughout that year, King Theo made friends with some mortals who slowly accepted them, but it saddened him that all of them died while he was still alive, not aging and becoming more and more powerful.
But all of his misery will be over once he has the cure for this godforsaken illness.
Yes, King Theo thought being immortal is incurable sickness, but not anymore, he will soon meet the woman that will give him the total immortality his fellow kings didn't last long to experience.
A small smile of triumph forms on King Theo's face after he emptied the leftover wine from his hand, Looking down at his bed, his smile turns devilishly to the two naked women, one of them intentionally spread her legs for him while the other is playing with her clit and licking her boobs anxiously waiting for him to play with them.
King Theo's eyes glint in red; he can't wait to devour these two.
He will give them pleasure higher than what these ladies can imagine before sucking up their precious life.