Chapter 51 Sweet blood

" I prinkípissá mou, it's time " His deep baritone voice brought her out of her trance, and Maricella stared deeply into his gray eyes. She can see the anticipation and worries etch on it. This made her feel a bit better. At least she knows he's worried about her not only for the sake of not dying or because after this he can walk freely in the broad daylight. At least he sincerely cares. She gave Theo a nod letting him know that she was ready. Maricella walks, closing the distance between them. She raised her hand to caress his face and gave him a bitter smile.
" So long my friend. " She patted his face gently before glancing over his shoulder. She saw Martha and Petula with both teary eyes holding each other's arms while staring at them. Maricella gave the two a reassuring smile. But deep down in her heart, it's screaming and aching for she will sacrifice her love and her most treasured memories for others. The Vampire society never treated her with fairness because she's not like them and in their eyes, she's an abnormal breed of their kind. It is such a bitter faith to be chosen to be the one redeeming them from extinction. Maricella closed her eyes trying to ease her chaotic mind and heart. "This is for my love once and I promised I will never stop until I regain my lost memories. My mind can erase any knowledge of my beloved Dalton but I'm sure this thing won't make my heart forget who it belongs to".She uttered inside her head.

" Martha " She called out.
" Please guide me when I can no longer remember Dalton. " She speaks voice laced with sadness and pain.
" I will. I promise you. " Martha couldn't hold back her tears and started crying on Petula's shoulder. When she glanced back at Theo's face he looked deadly serious.
She heaved a sigh. If there's a Goddess of Faith or Destiny she wanted to ask them why this thing must happen to her. Of all the mortals and immortals in this world, why did they choose her? There goes again her bittersweet smile. She knows there's no use in asking because what is meant to have to be. There's no coincidence in this world everything is predestined.
" Ok, this could sting a little." She cracked a joke but Theo didn't buy it.
" Are you sure about this Maricella? Maybe we can still find another solution to my problem. " Theo looks hesitant. If this question is thrown at her a few days before this thing is set to happen. She will gladly back out and say goodbye to everyone but now her perspective has changed she feels like she owes him for creating the vampire race. Without him, there's no vampire and if there are no vampires there's no Maricella in this world. Her parents will never meet each other and she will never be able to feel such pure love from her husband, Dalton. Her brows furrowed and messed up Theo's silky smooth hair. If others will see them they will probably lose consciousness of her bold action. But she's beyond the rules set for Royalties and how they should be treated. Besides, who wants to go against the cure?! Maricella nodded her head on both sides and forced a smile on her face.
" I made up my mind and I'm ready" She stared at him for a brief moment before she tiptoed to reach his shoulder, She felt his hand rest on both sides of her waist to support her posture. When she saw the exposed skin on his neck with those two pulsating blood vessels her elongated fangs sank into it. And there she goes. She finally put her marks on her creator. The mating bond was so strong that she felt his century-old power flowing in every veins in her body. Maricella saw his old life flashing back in her mind. A memory before he becomes the first immortal in the world. He was so happy and surrounded by nature and animals. He was a harmless peaceful man back then. Royalty run in his blood ever since before. He did not just become a King because he was the first vampire but he was a Prince back then. But things went wrong when his father and mother found out about what he did. In medieval times it is a big crime to be more than you could ever be. To dream of immortality means you are against the belief in God. To Theo's family who strongly believes in God, what he did is a very inhuman crime punishable by death in the fire. He was hunted by his people, and the once adoration in all those aristocratic young women was replaced with fear. All of those he loved, feared him.

All those animals he took good care of was being killed thinking they are the first one who's been affected by the plague. For a year he lived far away from human civilization, he only came out when his comrade vampire decided that they had enough of hiding and it was time to make a new world where all the different kinds of an immortal can glide with humans together without causing conflict with them. After a few moments of nostalgic feeling. Sharing those hidden memories of his past life. She heard him mumble in her ears. Those warm breaths of him fanning the side of her cheeks brought a warm feeling deep within her. The mating bond is overpowering her right state of mind. But true to his words before the bond clouded her mind he uttered with kindness in those gray orbs.

" Now it's time for you to be free prinkípissá mou, find your true love again my friend." And with that Maricella felt his cheeks glide down from my cheeks to her shoulder blade. She felt his warm breath fanning on her bare skin for a split second before feeling his fang dig into her skin. He sucked my blood savoring its taste in his mouth before gulping it. Once it was absorbed by his body he fell to his knees in front of everyone. He embraced his own body before finally collapsing on the ground. His breathing becomes heavy as he starts twisting his body like he's having a seizure. Maricella remained staring at him stuck on her feet. She doesn't know what to do. After a few agonizing moments on the ground, he stood up just like in the Matrix movie. He tousled his jet black hair behind me and stared back at me like nothing's happened.
" It is done thank you for your sacrifice Maricella." He said after, using his enchanting voice. It is now the moment when he will release her with their bond. She closed her eyes not wanting to say anything because she knew for sure that she couldn't even mumble a clear sentence. Maricella felt her throat tightening. A lump forming on it makes it hard to swallow.
" I King Theo Andreadis unbound you Princess Maricella as my mate." There, he said those words finally. One powerful sentence that came out of his mouth brought her world to a stop.
" Thank you my friend " His words lingered in her ears before darkness consumed her.