💚COVID Apocalypse💚

damn this is kinda sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
💚COVID apocalypse💚 799 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•-George POV-•

Journal Entry 1
August 24th, 2020
We are well into quarantine, and the streets are basically abandoned; only a few cars and occasionally some food deliveries. I've been talking with Dream and Sapnap a lot more than I usually do, which is surprising since we practically talked 24/7 already. Anyways, I'm gonna try my best to write every other day, maybe even every day.
-George

I set my journal down on my desk and wheeled my chair back a bit. 'Wonder what Dream is up to.' Now, I'm not gonna lie, I might a teeny eeny weeny crush on Dream. I mean- who wouldn't? I haven't seen his face up close but from what I have seen- and heard-, he's pretty cute. Sparkly green eyes... dirty brown locks of which fall on his face a lot... dusty freckles splattered everywhere... the most contagious laugh... that cheery personality that everyone wishes to see and hear every second of their life... luckily, I've got some part in that. I get to talk to Dream every day. He always jokingly flirts and tells me that he "loves" me, and I just wish it was true and not some cruel play.

Journal Entry 2
August 28th, 2020
Alright, so.. I've been watching the news recently and apparently there's a huge outbreak with COVID. People are losing their jobs and have to stay home. Stores are temporarily closing. Restaurants are completely shut down. Neighborhoods are deserted. Airports are closing as well. I was supposed to meet up with Dream!
-Pretty sad, George

I sigh deeply and close my journal. 'I was finally gonna meet Dream, but no! The damn airports had to close because of stupid COVID. I'm gonna call him.' I pick up my phone and pull up Dreams contact, pressing the call button.

*ring*
*ring*
*rin-*

"Hey George, what's up?"
I sigh again before responding. "COVID."
"Oh yeah.... she's a real pain in the ass."
"I know! And we were gonna meet up soon! Stupid airports having to close down..."
"You know.. you didn't actually tell me where you live."
"Oh, thought I did. I live in Orlando."
"Or-Orlando as in... Orlando, Florida?"
"Mhm."

The line goes quiet. 'Uh oh... did I say something wrong!?'

"What's up? Dream? Did I say something wro-"
"Give me your address."
"I- what?"
"Just give me it!"
"I'll... message it to you.."
I quickly type in my address and send it to him.
"Why do you need it?"
"No reason- gotta go! Bye!"
"Wha-?"

Dream ends the call. 'What the heck?' I shrug and place my phone down on the nightstand beside me before laying down. 'I wonder why he needed it.. hey wait! He didn't even give me his address! Bah whatever, I'll ask him tomorrow.'

Journal Entry 3
August 29th, 2020
Oooookay... there are a LOT of COVID cases here.. people are dropping like flies. I haven't seen a single person in over a week. I would do anything just see anyone, Dream the most. But once again stupid COVID had to-

'What the heck? Why is there someone knocking at the door? I didn't order food.' I set my journal down and put my socks on before running downstairs and to the door. I don't bother to look through the peep hole.

"H-Hello? Can I help you?"
"Awh... do you not recognize me..?"
My eyes widen. "Wait.. you sound.."
"Familiar?"
"Yeah... w-w-wait- DREAM!?!"

He chuckles and opens his arms. I jump into them and he grabs me, proceeding to bear hug me.

"What the hell are you doing here!? Aren't the airports closed?"
"I only live an hour away apparently."
I pull away from his grasp to look him in the eye. "WhAt?" My voice cracks with surprise. He chuckles again.
"Yeah!"

I dig myself into his grasp once more.
"Never mind that.. it just feels so good to see a person.. non the less you."
"Awww has it been thaaat lonely? You poor bean."

He pats my head. I look up at him with an annoyed expression. But when I see his face.. my expression melts into.. love. He's in tears, assuming from being happy. Or from laughing. Without thinking, I move closer. He does the same. Soon we are about a centimeter apart, noses nearly touching.

"Can I...?" Dream says in almost a whisper. I nod. He moves further and pushes our lips together. They move in unison. I immediately bring my hands up, wrapping them around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist.

Dream pulls away from the kiss, looking into my eyes.
"I'm glad I got to see you George. I love you."
"I love you too Clay."

///

wow, the memories