« Coming Out »

Started: February 1st
Ended: March 10th

Contains: soft sex(riding), marking/"claiming", a lot of kissing
CW: homophobia, cheating, use of f slur, panic attack

Words: 2539

COLLEGE AU

///

"Babe, I gotta talk to you. Seriously."
"Go ahead then."
"No- look at me."
"Why can't you just say it?"

George wants to yell. "Please, just look at me. Put your phone down."
"Fine, jesus."

She sets her phone down next to her on the bed. Glaring at George, she raises an eyebrow, "what do you want?"

Her tone already makes George want to cry. "Uh.." he mutters, beginning to shake.

"What's wrong with you? Spit it out!" She shouts. George whimpers.

"I'm.. Im bisexual.." His voice is wary and quiet. Looking up slowly at the silence of the other, his eyes widen.

She looked disgusted. "What?" Looking him up and down, she scoffs. "You're a fag?"

George's heart starts to pound quicker and quicker by the second. He can feel his head go numb. "What?" He mumbles.

She stands up off of the bed, legs straight and shoulders broad. The stance she held was strong. "You're not gay. You're just not." She grabs her phone off of the bedsheets.

At this point, George's heart is beating abnormally quick. He can feel his ankles get warm, his head get fuzzy, his vision go tunnel. Everything is louder. The tears start to fall down his face.

"I can't believe this. Can I even call you my boyfriend anymore?" She begins to shout. George whimpers softly.
"Babe-"
"Don't fucking 'babe' me!! We're over. I don't want to talk to a fag like you. I'm going over to my other boyfriends house."

This takes George back. He looks up slightly, "w-what?"

She scoffs. "Guess this is a good time to tell you." She tilts all her weight onto one hip, hand moving to land atop. "I was cheating on you anyway."

Now George can't breathe. He grasps onto his chest.

"Goodbye, George." She breathes. Walking out of the house with her things, she slams the door behind her.

George begins to sob profusely. He can't breathe, he can't see, he can't stop crying, he can't stop overthinking. Rocking himself on the bed with his knees up to his chest, he closes his eyes.

Breathe. Slowly in, slowly out. Try your best; that's what he says to himself. But he can't. He can't breathe. It's like his lungs are fighting him.

He doesn't know what to do. His fingers are numb, buzzing. His eyes are shut tight. He can't stop shaking.

Dream.

George scrambles for his phone. Clicking through, tears falling on the screen, he goes to Dreams contact and calls him.

It's an almost immediate answer.

"Hey, what's up?" His voice is smooth and soft. It already starts to calm George. But his gasps for air startle Dream.

"George, you okay?? What's going on??" He can hear the man rustling around, as if he sat up straight in his bed.

"She.." George starts, getting interrupted over and over by his sobs and gasps. "She's gone..." He manages to get out.

Dream sighs. "I'm sorry, I can't understand you-"

"She's gone! She's gone and it's all my fault! I came out to her and she yelled at me called me names and slammed the door she cheated on me Dream she cheated on me I can't breathe help me help me-" George rambles. Head in his hand, tears and snot probably everywhere.