« Sunset Kisses » (FLUFF)

TW: self harm scars/talk about self harm
Contains: neurodivergent awareness, ASL awareness

Started: November 1st
Ended: November 1st

Words: 1427

ALSO just a little warning that George will display some neurodivergent signs, that's just because i am in fact autistic (i also have ADHD) and it makes me feel nice when people include it in books :D don't yell at me about it because i know that george isn't neurodivergent (at least i think), but hey, i never said these are the real people did i

also, what the hell, i'm not romanticizing any of this 🤨

///

Dream walks up behind the brunette, sitting beside him in the soft dew-y grass. He leans back on his elbows, letting his legs stretch out. He sighs dramatically.

George giggles. "It's nice out, isn't it?" He picks another dandelion, making sure the stem is long enough before beginning to weave it through with the others.

Dream hums. "It sure is. Florida is so nice during Fall." He leans up, looking at George's lap. George was making a flower crown. Dream smiles. "What's that for?"

George looks back at him. "Nothing in particular. I just need something to do with my hands."

"Understandable." Dream leans onto his shoulder, moving to sit criss-cross. He breathes in the cold air, sighing as he smells the trees around them. Fall was always his favorite season.

George picks another flower. As he reaches, his sleeves pulls up, showing just a sliver of his forearm. Dreams eyes widen. As George pulls back, he shakes his sleeve down. But Dream moves his hand down to grip his wrist. George looks at him best he can.

"What?" He laughed softly. Dream leans up, making eye contact with the brunette. His eyes were hard, pupils small and eyebrows knit together. His mouth falls open slightly. George's smile fades. "What's wrong?"

Dream flips his hand so their palms press together. He slides his thumb under George's sleeve, the pad moving back and forth over a semi-healed cut. George gasps quietly. The flower crown falls from his grip. His free hand moves to grip the hem of his sweater, picking at the free threads. Tears well in his eyes.

"George." He stares into the brunettes eyes, leaning his head down as if asking for permission. George somehow understands, nodding ever so softly. Dream immediately looks down, pulling George's sleeve up to his elbow.

Scattered around his forearm were small cuts. Some deep, some hesitant. George didn't even bother to clean them, dried blood smeared around. They looked fresh, as if just yesterday he preformed this act. Dream looks back up. George's breath was shaky. He bites his lip harshly, trying to make it stop quivering. He sobs softly.

"Oh, George.." Dream pulls him into his chest, hugging him tightly. George wraps his arms around his torso, sobbing harder. Dream pets his head, shushing him softly. He kisses his head over and over.

"I'm so sorry," George weeped. His arms tighten, digging his head deeper into the blondes chest. Dream just shushes him again, feeding his fingers through his hair.

"Don't apologize baby, it's not your fault." Dream moves his hand down to rub his back. He slides his hand up and down, thumb rubbing against his spine. "You're okay," he mutters against his hair.

George grips the fabric of Dreams hoodie, his hold tight. He pulls a little bit of it into his mouth, teeth clenching hard. Whenever he would cry he needed something in his mouth. He never understood why, but it made him feel better. Dream had known this, so he didn't even acknowledge it.

"Breathe, baby. Breathe with me." Dream places his pointer finger on the middle of George's back. As he inhales he slides his finger up, stopping at the top of his back just under his neck. George follows, just a little late. Dream exhales, sliding his finger down back to the middle. George repeats.

They do this for about a minute or two. George hadn't even noticed he stopped crying, until he had an actual good breath of air. Through this nose, of course, but you get it. Dream taps his side with two fingers, and George looks up. They make eye contact. "I have your necklace, if you want it."

George releases his mouth from the blondes hoodie. He leans up slowly and shakily, rubbing his eyes free of extra tears. Dream digs into his back pocket, pulling out a leather string that's connected to a crystal point shape, made out of silicone. He hands it to George with a small smile. George takes it, putting the end in his mouth. His teeth dig into it.

Dream scoots closer, placing George's knees on his. He puts his hand out. George immediately takes it. He messes with his fingers, feeling every little detail. This was something George loved to do. He always needed something to do with his hands (hence why he was making the flower crown), and this made him feel amazing. Feeling every little crevice of Dreams rough hands under his touch, the warmth radiating off his hands, the slight twitches he had- he just loved it.

Dream uses his other hand to wipe the dried tears off of George's face. He leans forward, kissing his forward softly. George hums, eyes closing. He takes in every sensory detail.

The soft wind around them, the rustling of the trees, the smell of Dreams fresh water cologne, the soft touch of Dreams lips against his skin, his soft breathing, the feeling of the chew on his tongue, Dreams rough yet comforting hands; even the birds chirping in the trees.

George looks up. Dream looks down. They smile softly with the eye contact. George nods his head down, signaling he wanted another kiss. Dream couldn't deny that. He keeps his hand on his cheek, kissing his temples and moving down. He didn't go anywhere near George's mouth though. He knew that George didn't like that when he was in this kind of mood. Dream kept that thought and ended by kissing his nose.

George looks up again. He stares for a few seconds, lips tightening around the chew. Dream smiles. "What's the matter baby?" He whispers. He didn't want to talk too loud and startle the brunette. George looks down, rubbing his thumb up and down the blondes palm. His fingers begin to shake.

He was non-verbal, and seemed to have been a bit frozen. Dream kisses his hair. "Take your time my love." He slowly moves his hand away from his face, placing his down with his other hand. George takes it in his grip.

Tears well up in his eyes again. George was upset that he couldn't talk. He knew that Dream understood, but it pissed him off that he couldn't voice his thoughts. His shoulders tighten up, jaw harder against the chew.

Dream takes George's thumb in his fingers. "Hey hey, don't get upset. You're okay baby, take your time." He kisses George's temples again, moving down to kiss one falling tear away.

George shakily picks up Dreams hands. He places one flat, palm up. He tilts the other to its side and bends it, palm facing Dream. He moves it right, against the flat hand.

ASL. This was something George sometimes did when he was non-verbal, grateful that he and Dream learned together.

"Lap? You want to sit on my lap?" George immediately nods. Dream pulls away, arms out. "C'mere." George climbs in-between his legs, knees up to his chest and back against Dreams chest. Dream puts his hands back in front of George.

They sit there for a time Dream couldn't even count. In complete silence, with just the ambiance of nature. The sun had begun to set, making it darker. George readjusts his positing, scooting forward to more of a laying position. He turns his head to the side. "Pretty," He mutters.

Dream turns his head as well, looking at the skyline. "It is pretty, isn't it?" George yawns, the chew falling out of his mouth. He pulls Dreams arms tighter around him. Dream laughs quietly, "tired?" George nods. "Wanna go home?" George shakes his head. "Little longer then. We can't be outside for too long, there's bugs."

///

eeeeeee this chapter 🫶🫶