« Lovely Hate »

Started: September 25th
Finished: November 2nd

Contains: apology sex, heavy praise and a little dirty talk
CW: little bit of angst, juuuuust a teeny bit

Words: 3881

HIGHSCHOOL AU

///

Everyone knew they hated each other. Everyone did. Every little interaction they had was negative and full of hatred. Wether it was simple eye contact to full on arguments, they made it obvious that there was something going on between them.

But no one knew of the secret sexual tension and unspoken sneaking out.

Today was one of those days.

//

Sapnap hopped out of the bleachers, slinging his backpack over his right shoulder. Keeping a hand around the strap, he jogs over to Dreams side. "Sooooo.. what are your plans for this afternoon? Hooking up with any giiiirl?" He taunts, expressively winking and rolling his shoulder towards the blonde. Dream rolls their eyes in response.

"'Sap, it's barely even Friday! We still have another class left in the day!" They weave their way through the widening crowd filling the hall, Sapnap swiftly following.

Sapnap rolls his eyes back. "Cmon man, skip with me. Everyone knows you don't like chemistry." He slips his arm through Dreams, jumping onto his tippy-toes. "Everyone knows you don't like Georgeeee!!"

Dream pushes him off. "Shut up." They slip their hands into their sweat pockets. Sapnap belly laughs, barely keeping up with his friend through his neck-craning laughs. Dreams face contorts to a look of disgust. "Maybe I will skip. I would prefer not to see that short, british, freckled.." They pause. It's only a few seconds, but through the screen, Dreams reputation is thinning. "'Twat'."

"God, I hate when he says that. 'Twat'. This isn't your country man, people will think you're weird if you speak your language." The ravenette slings the other bag strap over his shoulder. "Weirdo."

"That is not how it wor-"
"Huh? I can't understand you dude, you're mumbling."
"Talking to myself. C'mon, let's go to the abandoned bathroom. No one is ever in there."
"Won't people snitch?"

Dreams posture straightens. "I have a key."

//

So now the two were sat in the big stall of a broken down bathroom; Dream bored, and Sapnap, well, bored as well. They both sat on their phones, occasionally laughing at something and commenting on it, but that was it. Sapnap was almost dozing off, too. But every time someone got a notification, he would jolt up and groan.

But then notifications started rolling in from Dreams phone. Sapnap grumbles, "dude, make that stop! I'm tryna nap."

"Oh yeah, sorry." Dream picks up their phone and opens the messages. Their heart stops. "Aw, shit."

//

"Dream, where are you? Did you get sick?"
"im fine, love, just skipping"
"Skipping?!??! Are you insane??"
"it's fine! theres no way someone would catch us"
"Where are you?"

No response for a few seconds. The brunette taps his pencil anxiously against his notebook.
"Dream, you're worrying me. Answer my question, please."
Still no answer.
"Dream?"
"Did you get caught?"
"Dream respond please."
"I'm about to call you."

He sets his phone down on the desk, eyes trained to the screen. Dream had to respond. Why would they skip? Are they stupid? George picks his phone back up, fidgeting with his broken case. "C'mon, Dream."