🥀Alone🥀

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🥀Alone🥀 658 words
TW (trigger warnings): suicidal thoughts, anxiety, mental breakdown.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•-Dream POV-•

I had been editing for a total of 4 hours. My brain was practically mush. The only things clouding around in there were 'this is a shit video' 'they won't like it' 'just give up' 'your an awful creator' and things like that. My mental health was complete shit.

I stare at the computer screen, zoning out. I don't even notice my phone going off. I subconsciously start scratching my hand. My anxiety builds up as I watch the video over and over. 'Don't post it. They won't like it. The haters will swarm. No one even likes your videos, they just watch them for empathy. Everyone hates you.'

The scratching on my hand becomes tougher and tears start to build up in my eyes. I bring my hands up to my face, keeping my eyes uncovered. Tears spill out. My eyes widen in pain. "Why... just why..."

The computer screen darkens, showing that I haven't been active. I start shaking violently. I had been sitting there for 15-20 minutes just crying my eyes out, scratching horrid scabs onto my hands and arms. My phone was blowing up at this point with messages from... 'George..?'

I pick up my phone and scroll through the spam. I had sent one message, and one message only, before I turned off my notifications and fell into this breakdown.

'I need help.'

George has spammed me with questions and pleads. 'What's wrong!?' 'What's going on!?' 'Are you okay Dream!?' 'Please don't leave me.'.

'He doesn't actually care. He's lying. He hates you.' I bring my hands to my neck and scratch long lines all across. "He doesn't like you. He never will. Don't get your fucking hopes up."

As I look stare at my phone screen looking at the messages flow in, one catches my eye.

'I'm coming over to you now. I don't care what you say. I'll be over in 10.'
'How does he know my address? In 10!?! Does he live that close and I just didn't know?'

I ignore his message and huddle into a ball, crying even harder. Time seems to go by in a flash, cause soon I hear a million knocks at my front door. 'Shit...' I manage to uncurl and get up, dragging myself to the door. Once I open it, I let myself fall into George's arms. He catches me and drags me inside.

"Dream what's going on!?! Are you okay..?" I only hum in response and loosen all muscles. He drags me over to the couch and lays me down. He takes his coat off, throwing it on the back of the couch, and sits next to me.

"Please talk to me Dre- Clay... I care about you.." I sigh and curl up into another ball, letting tears rush out of my eyes.

"George... I'm sorry I'm such an awful person.... I'm sorry I force you to do things... I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm-"

"Clay, you are an amazing person. Anyone would do anything to have some sort of relationship with you. I'm okay with you 'forcing' me to do things. It's actually rather funny. Please don't be sorry. So many people love you.... in-... including me.." With that last sentence, he pulls me into a tight hug. I sit there flabbergasted.

"Y-You... you love m-me..?"

"Yes. I love you so much."

He pulls away and looks at me in the eyes. I look back at him. We stare intently for what feels like eternity. Suddenly, he leans in and kisses me. It takes me a moment before kissing back. We sit there, absorbing each other's presence. He leans down and rests his head on my shoulder, squeezing me tighter. I wraps me arms around him and squeeze as well. I begin to sob again, but this time.. it's happy tears.

"I love you too Georgie."