Ch. 4 Not Safe

Lily’s P.O.V.
“You brought your PlayStation five?” Sideswipe asks.
“Yeah, I figured I’d be told to stay out of Luke’s way, and I can’t draw all day.”
“But there’s a system in the lounge room, and I have one in my room.”
“Your room?!”
I know I’m smiling like a kid at Christmas.
“Lily, you don’t know Sunstreaker. Why do you want to be his friend?”
I don’t know how to explain to him or anyone. Also, I have figured out by now there’s no point in explaining myself. I walk out of the room, ignoring Sideswipe calling my name.

I walk down the hall towards the cafeteria. After I short distance, I see Sunstreaker.
“Hey, kid!” He yells.
“I know; stay away from you,” I reply, failing to hide my sadness.
I walk by him, expecting him to grab and threaten me, but he does nothing.

Sunstreaker’s P.O.V.
This is unusual. I was told this kid wanted to talk to me yesterday, and now she knows to stay away from me. Sideswipe walks down the hall, not looking pleased.
“Fighting with a human?” I ask.
“All I did was ask Lily why she is interested in being your friend. Then she left the room.”
This is interesting, but how can a determined human give up so easily? She didn’t know about us before yesterday, so I can’t say she has a crush on me. Sideswipe tells me that Lily is being bullied at school. 
“So what? Because of the life we had, we’re a good fit to be her friends. No thanks!”
Sideswipe doesn’t argue about why we should be her friends before walking away, but I feel his disappointment.

I find Lily talking to Crosshairs and Drift, and neither know I’m around before taking her down the hall to the medbay. Lennox’s, Prime’s, and Prowl’s offices are also in that direction. No way I did anything wrong. That kid is dead if she complains to Prowl. Optimus doesn’t stay in his office all day, but my luck, he’ll be in his office or Lennox.
“Stupid human!”
“What did these soldiers do to you?” Ironhide asks.
I turn to face him. Two soldiers look at me, terrified.
“Nothing! It’s that brat!”
“Sounds like you’re—.”
I push Ironhide against the wall, “I hate another human is here! Bad enough, Lennox is likely going to bring his kids here! That they had more brats! Just be happy I didn’t kill Sarah!”

Ironhide’s P.O.V.
I worry having Lily here is going to get her killed. Especially if she’s determined to be Sunstreaker’s friend. I need to talk to Optimus.

I didn’t think I’d find Crosshairs, Drift, and Lily in Prime’s office. Optimus looks concerned.
Did you threaten a kid, Sunstreaker?
I can walk into his office when he’s busy, but only if it’s an emergency. I’m breaking the rules, but I am worried we have an emergency on our hands; Lily’s safety.
“... being with Sideswipe puts her in danger,” I hear Crosshairs argue, “I know we’ll have an issue if Lily continues to come here past spring break and when Jamie comes back, but for now, Drift, and I should be her guardians!”
“You both know I consider the risks, and I don’t think Jamie being here is good for her and Lily. From what I’ve been told about Lily, Sideswipe is a good match for a temporary guardian. You both know that doesn’t mean no other Autobot or human may interact with Lily. If Sideswipe is ok with both of you being with Lily and him, then you are permitted. Just remember you have a charge who’s not in a good place mentally. While we’re on the subject, you two can go back to her if need be.”
Optimus looks at Lily and asks her if this is ok. Lily agrees and leaves with Crosshairs and Drift.
“She shouldn’t be here,” I argue as I sit on the chair in front of the desk, “or more like he shouldn’t be here. Make him go back to Cybertron!”
“Would you believe me if I said this is a good idea?”
“No, what the frag?!”
What Optimus tells me makes sense, and I hate it does. I just hope Lily isn’t dead before what Optimus hopes will happen is achieved. Then there’s the matter of when Jamie comes here. Why didn’t Prime send Sunstreaker’s aft back to Cybertron? Not like it’s not an option.

Lily’s P.O.V.
I was expecting Crosshairs and Drift to tell me to stay away from Sunstreaker, but they only suggested watching a movie. I can’t believe how fast Sideswipe ran into the room after Crosshairs texted him.
“Chill, we’re watching her,” Crosshairs mocks.
“It’ll be my aft if something happens to her! So no, I won’t chill!”
“Who would have thought we’d see Sideswipe responsible?” Crosshairs teases.
“Hey!” Sideswipe argues.
I can’t help but laugh along with Drift.

I should have known my parents would have come by. At least they waited until the end of the day during dinner. Though I worry about my parents seeing all the Autobots and soldiers.
“What have you been up to the past twelve hours to need three Autobots around?” My dad asks sarcastically.
I’m worried Sideswipe will bring up how I want to befriend Sunstreaker and how dangerous Sunstreaker is. Leading my parents to reconsider letting me stay here for two weeks. I’m not sure if I’ll be allowed to return after spring break. My anxiety rises as Sunstreaker walks by our table.
Don’t bring him up, Sideswipe. Don’t make a scene, Sunstreaker.
The next thirty minutes feel more like hours before my parents go home. Many of the Autobots and soldiers head to the lounge room for a while before going to bed.
I’m able to get away to find Sunstreaker.

“Listen, fleshie! I’m in charge here!” I hear Sunstreaker rage.
He has a soldier pinned to the wall, his knife tracing their chest. I cannot stop him. I walk away, knowing the soldier will die, but I hear sadness while Sunstreaker rages. Maybe Sideswipe can help me. I’m not giving up.