Ch. 35 Meeting

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I lay Lily in bed but can't leave her in her dress. This will be my little secret if I'm told I can't see Lily in her bra and underwear until she's eighteen. The dress is easy to take off with minimal moving Lily. I cover her with the blanket, kiss her and leave the room.

I didn't think Crosshairs, Drift, and Lighting would be waiting in my room with Sideswipe. Sideswipe looks eager to talk about the date even though he feels how happy I am.
"Well?" Sideswipe asks, smiling.
"Too bad Lily didn't have lipstick on," Lightning comments, "that could've been a clue."
The four of them laugh. On cue, Mirage texts me.
Mirage: ok, I admit I spied on you two for her safety, but look what I got instead.
No wonder Lily is still uncertain. Even Mirage, who came up with the dinner portion of the plan, is worried. I can't be mad at him, either.
"This should tell you everything," I tell them and show them the picture.
The four of them cheer upon seeing the picture.
I had to ruin the mood by telling them Lily is still worried about the other Autobots and soldiers not liking the two of us dating.
"We'll deal with it," Drift assures me before his phone goes off, and he says nothing before leaving the room.
"I love seeing Lily happy. How long has it been since you were this happy?" Lightning asks as she gets up, "but if you hurt her, I will have no problem hurting you."
Crosshairs still looks worried I will fight Lightning as she leaves the room.
"I think I'll be getting much of that tomorrow," I sigh.
"And Drift and I will deal with it, hopefully without much arguing. But seriously, I will join Lightning in the fight if you hurt Lily. I better go see what is going on with Drift and the message he got."
Crosshairs leaves the room.
"I'm not surprised," I sigh, crab clothes, and go into the bathroom.
Everything is going well but also still a mess.

Lily is the happiest I've seen her since we met the next morning. Until we see several Autobots in the cafeteria, and sure enough, Ironhide approaches us.
"You two finally did it," he smiles, "uh, I mean told each other how you feel," Lily laughs at how quickly Ironhide adds to his comment, "anyone who gives you two trouble will have to deal with me, but if he hurts you; he'll have to deal with me."
"Oh boy, I'm going home if we'll deal with this all day," Lily tells me.
"That's not dealing with the problem. I know it sucks, but we have to deal with this."
We know we'll have to talk to her parents, Optimus, and likely Prowl.

Crosshairs, Drift, and Lily are amazed we didn't wait for them.
"We just sat down after talking to Ironhide," I explain.
"I'm already annoyed," Lily adds.
The three of them — and Sideswipe when he finally joins us — try to assure her this will stop. Optimus joins us, regretting bringing up a meeting with Lily's parents.
"It's better to get that out of the way," I point out, "I don't think it's going to be bad."
I kiss her forehead, smiling at how red her face is.

Lily's P.O.V.
I know my parents will want to talk to Sunstreaker and me. To set rules because I'm only twelve, but that's what I worry about. What rules? To where Sunstreaker and I shouldn't say we're dating? And if Sunstreaker gets pissed at them...

Two hours before the meeting, Sunstreaker suggests working on another painting. Sunstreaker shows me a picture he took looking out at the lake. Trees reflect on the body of water. This is in the same area as the painting, with the lake further in the distance. Strangely, I dreamt about this location.
This may be a place Sunstreaker, and I would like to go to. Though I've never been camping.
"What happened to the happy mood?" Sunstreaker asks as he sits beside me, "everything will work out for us."
Sunstreaker changes our plan. We're going to my room to watch T.V.

Two hours go by quickly. Sunstreaker jokes about carrying me to the meeting, but I think he's serious.

My family, Optimus, Prowl, Crosshairs, Drift, and Sideswipe, are already waiting for us. I like how Optimus is calm as he talks even though the Autobots distrust Sunstreaker being my friend, and now we just added that we're together. Though it's not a deep romantic relationship yet. Prowl is not calm as he speaks and is less accepting of our relationship. Prowl sounds like he planned on arguing, but Optimus will stop him. Like most Autobots at the base, my family is supportive but also concerned. Crosshairs, Drift, and Sideswipe's arguments are impressive. Even with all the support, I can't relax.
Things get worse when Rung and Ratchet walk in, and Sunstreaker and I are told to leave the room. Now Sunstreaker is worried.
Shit, my family is going to learn Sunstreaker's history. Even though I don't know everything, which I know is an argument for dating blindly, considering how he had no problem killing one of my kidnappers, I suspect it wasn't his first kill, and it's not because of the war that he was calm killing. That's why everyone kept threatening Sunstreaker about hurting me.

Luke's P.O.V.
I've heard Sunstreaker killed a few soldiers since N.E.S.T. relaunched, but I didn't know his history. I don't know if I regret what I've done, but I could be in trouble for not learning Sunstreaker's history before my parents let Lily befriend him. They're uncertain about letting the two date, even with what we were told about Lily's life being a hybrid. Knowing Sunstreaker is thousands of years old rather than eighteen, like his holoform looks, is hard to ignore. Even his holoform being eighteen is a concern, even if it's not illegal for the two to date, according to U.S. law. I'm waiting for my parents to be pissed at me, and I can't say anything to save myself from being in trouble.
"..... his behavior lately is considered out of character considering his history," Rung continues, "he wouldn't try to be nice to a human. Even if he had feelings for Lily, he'd do his best to be a jerk to avoid hinting that he likes a human. Unfortunately, this isn't changing Sunstreaker completely due to centuries of phycological damage."
"He'll try to keep Lily from seeing him kill and keep her from knowing," Sideswipe adds, "I don't know if she knows Sunstreaker has no problem killing humans, but she has shown no signs she thinks her family and friends will be in danger being near Sunstreaker."
I am likely in a lot of trouble.