Ch. 49 Left Out

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily didn't have nightmares while I slept in the same room with her, but I worry it's due to having another concussion. I was hoping Drift would teach me how to prepare an IV bag and connect to the catheter, but he refused. Arguing that I also need to rest. He lets me watch as he prepares Lily's morning pain relief. Ratchet doesn't think it'll be as bad as before when he decreased the infusion rate. This one bag should last most of the day.
"I know I make this look easy, but Crosshairs and I have been doing this for years," Drift explains before leaving.
That information is concerning, knowing they've been with Jamie since the humans betrayed us. That's a discussion for another time. For now, I need to focus on Lily.
Since Lily is to stay in the medbay, I go make breakfast. I think there's going to be a relaxed routine for the next week. A little sketching, Lily studying for her test, and resting.

"What's the plan today?" Sideswipe asks.
I forgot I didn't tell him what happened Thursday night, but he had to have felt my panic before passing out.
"Lily is still required to rest and wants me to stay with her."
It's not a complete lie.
"Still?" Sideswipe sighs, "I want to play video games with her."
"Maybe after our camping trip. If Lily's recovery goes well."

Lily is still asleep when I return, and I have the food covered. Using his bipedal form, Ratchet walks in, looking to scan Lily's head. He's tempted to scan my processor, as he does not know why I have such high anxiety that I pass out.
"As for her, there's nothing more serious going on, but like I said yesterday, she likely reset her recovery."
With that, Ratchet leaves the room. I sit by the bed, waiting for Lily to wake up.

Lily slept later today, which is hard to ignore. She's happy I'm here and with breakfast.
"Drift came by to put an IV in. He thinks you'll be fine with a slow rate that lasts all day. I feel part of that is due to knowing that Ratchet is having you stay here."
"It's not like we'd be training. I know I wouldn't be allowed to do that."
"I'll see if we can watch T.V. after breakfast."

Lily's P.O.V.
I know I scared everyone, but what worries me is if Sunstreaker passed out again. I know little about Cybertronians or how holoforms work, but I'm certain that's not normal. I doubt Ratchet will tell me anything.

I look at my phone without feeling like the light is too much. Reading my mom doing well with a cover story when Veronica comes by. It would be cool to show Veronica my new friends, but we're taught Cybertronians are all evil, and she hates when I say the Autobots are good. I worry she's in danger just being my friend and if she gets involved. I don't think I have to worry about that for a while, but ...
Lily: hey, Prowl, IDK if you drive by my house, but can you add the Palazzo residence?
Prowl: there's been no need to do drive-bys, but I'll make a note to add that residence to the patrol should the police need to do drive-bys.
Lily: I wish my friend could come here, but I know that will not happen.
Prowl; sorry, I know it sucks.
I know the chances of Veronica finding out about the Autobots is only if she gets caught in a battle, and I'd rather that not happen.
Once breakfast is finished and cleared, Sunstreaker returns with good news.
"You can watch T.V., but if I see any signs that the light is bothering you, I'm turning it off."
Though our T.V. is my tablet. I love leaning on Sunstreaker as he sits behind me in bed, and the head is raised so we can be comfortable.
Dare I point out that he won't be able to see if the tablet light is bothering me?

The light wasn't a bother, and we watched T.V. for two hours before Sunstreaker leaves to get lunch. Ratchet checks on me while Sunstreaker is out.
"It appears you caused a minor concussion, considering the slow infusion rate. A serious conversation would need a higher dose of pain relief, and we might get away with over-the-counter pain relief tomorrow."
Sunstreaker will be happy to hear this. Since I'm stuck here, I study for my test.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
"You're hogging my charge! When do I get to see her?!" I ask.
"I thought she was both our charge? Ask Ratchet; he'll probably tell you no, loudmouth."
I go with Sunstreaker back to the medbay.

I don't know why Sunstreaker is concerned about hearing that Ratchet will let Lily rest in her own room, nor do I understand why Ratchet is saying depending on how tomorrow goes.
It's been twelve days. I thought Ratchet said she'd be recovered after ten days of rest. Why is she still required to rest? I know she'll have to take it slow if she and Sunstreaker work out together.
Gee, who's panicking now? Sunstreaker jokes through the bond. Ratchet knows what he's doing. I just hope the camping trip doesn't have to be delayed.
I know he planned that for next weekend, nine days away. Why would plans be delayed? Sunstreaker says we're both Lily's guardians, but I'm being left out.
With Lily taking a nap - which seems strange - I try to talk to Sunstreaker.

"Is she really ok? I feel you're leaving me out."
"He's right, Sunstreaker," Optimus jumps in, "Lily is your girlfriend, but Sideswipe may know anything going on with Lily. That's not part of your romantic relationship with her.
"I don't want him to worry," Sunstreaker argues.
"Well, I am already!" I argue.
"Lily ran out of the base Friday because I didn't meet her for lunch. I thought she wanted space after the meeting. As Lily ran down the path at the park and passed out. She wasn't ready to run, which caused a minor concussion. So, Ratchet thinks she can rest in her room."
Scrap, please don't tell me you panicked and passed out again.
I know Sunstreaker won't say anything about that. Sunstreaker goes to do a workout while I try to get answers from Ratchet.
"I have found nothing unusual in his bipedal form or holoform," Ratchet informs me, "I suspect he's terrified Lily will walk away from him. I'm unsure if he's having difficulty knowing Lily was attacked. Add how she wasn't fully recovered and passed out while running."
"He's struggling with his first love," I conclude.
"Yeah, and not like a bot should be."
All because of how our parents treated him a lot worse than me. The other younglings were only my friends; their parents let him join not to look bad.
"And there's not much anybot can do to help him," I sigh.
Ratchet nods and goes back to his office.
Just wish we could get him to relax and not fear what our sire said will happen.