Ch. 52 Illegal

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I wake up to Crosshairs and Drift talking about Jamie until Drift sees I'm awake. He immediately insists I sit up and drink water.
I figured Ratchet would find out about this, but I didn't think he'd see me passing out.
"Do you remember what you said?" Crosshairs asks, "before passing out."
"Yes," I reply. 
I know I'm going to talk about it, but I'd rather not. I didn't think the two mechs would tell me Ratchet is hoping to get Lily's parents here. The two mechs take me back to my room.
Drift tells me he'll wait in the hallway for Sideswipe as I lay on my bed. I hate feeling tired after passing out. I'm not looking forward to when I wake up.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
Seeing Drift by my room isn't a good thing.
"Not again," I comment.
Drift nods and tells me Sunstreaker is asleep and that there's a possible clue about the cause this time.
"Please don't tell me we have to tell Lily and Sunstreaker they can't be together?" I ask.
"No, I think he's getting worried about people out of the base seeing them together. I'll explain later."
With that, Drift walks down the hall.

I go into the room and sit on my bed. Sunstreaker is asleep. I hope he's in a good mood when Lily needs to be picked up. She wasn't happy with the last-minute change. I tried to get her to think at least she can see her friend again rather than taking the test next week when school is out.

The room is quiet for a half-hour before I hear Sunstreaker talking in his sleep. I text Drift, who is concerned but tells me not to wake Sunstreaker up. I try to keep busy while waiting for Sunstreaker to wake up, but I worry about him. He's up by ten.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I take a shower, hoping this will help me relax. Probably a bath is better, but I think there will be a meeting soon. I hope the plan isn't to wait until Lily finishes school.
I swear problems keep coming up to ruin everything. I hope the water is louder than my crying.

A meeting has been arranged already, but due to my anxiety issue, Rung wants me to tell him the problem while in the medbay. It's unusual, but I know Lily's parents will panic seeing me pass out, so Rung will explain.
"It's my holoform age. This is illegal. I wish I thought of that weeks ago," I explain, tears rolling down my face.
I know, even going by my Cybertronian age, this is illegal, but most humans won't know I'm an Autobot.
"Lily's family knows the laws. That's why they said no fragging until Lily is sixteen. It's the age of consent, meaning humans think teens under sixteen can't logically decide about fragging or not. Though twelve is too young even if such a law didn't exist."
Rung goes to get Lexie and Mason.

"Rung is right. Laws, at least in the United States, are tricky. Not illegal for you and Lily to be together; however, many humans think dating means, uh....you know, so it's wise not to indicate you two are dating. This is why the rule is sixteen. Though even Mason and I agree twelve is too young. Some people might not like how you two are even friends, but it's not a crime," Lexie takes my hand, "it's still hard to believe Lily fell for an alien, but she's happy, and I can tell how much she loves you."
The three of them leave the room. Ratchet walks in soon after they leave.
"You ok now?" He asks.
"I don't know...."
I hate how no matter how much has been done, I'm still terrified that this will fall apart.
"You need to relax. Everything is fine."
Ratchet says I can leave before leaving the room. I still have my appointment with Rung.
Rung repeats what he and Lexie told me. Even he's seen how much Lily loves me. There's not much to add, so we do some anger management therapy before lunch. I'm not sure if I like that nothing else can be done — or at least that the others can do to help me.

After lunch, I talk to Ratchet. He tells me I can take Lily camping, as she is doing fine even after running when she shouldn't have been.
"She'll be able to by the time she leaves for summer camp," he finishes.
I forgot to ask Lexie and Mason about Lily working out. I ask Ratchet why Lily is underweight but eating as she should be.
"I don't think it's the nanobots. Blood tests are normal."
Ratchet wants me to wait until Lily is back from summer camp to work out with her, but we can go swimming.
While Lily is at school, I do a little workout.

Lily waited an hour for her teacher to grade her test before Sideswipe could take her home.
Crosshairs, Drift, Lightning, and I wait in the hangar. The medics are busy with physicals. No surprise, no one else is here.

"So, what about the problem with most of the Autobots avoiding Lily?" I ask. 
Drift sighs, "more work. We'll wait until Lily returns from summer camp and let you two enjoy time together."
"A month, though? Surely we can do something?" Lightning asks, "maybe a beach day or even one movie night?"
"We'll figure something out," Crosshairs comments.

Lily runs up to me and hugs me the second Sideswipe pulls into the hangar. Sideswipe getting right to asking about Lily's grade. She takes the folder out of her bag. She got a test score and a report card. I thought they were just going to do a test. They calculated her final grade based on the year's school work and the test. She passed the test and got mostly B's with one C, but the note from the teacher says Lily is going to the seventh grade. After a little cheering, we tell Lily the plan for tonight. We know Lily is tired, and we don't plan on being out for long.
I think everything is going well. Sideswipe comments through the bond. Even if she's going to summer camp in a month, you'll have years with her.
I still can't believe it. I love someone, and the love of my life is a human on Earth turned hybrid.