Ch. 60 Camping Trip Night One

Lily's P.O.V.
Sunstreaker and I get two dozen cookies before reaching the spot. Again, Sunstreaker doesn't like how there are only two tents. I wouldn't be surprised if he's prepared with a tent for two.
Mirage has a fire going already but didn't start cooking dinner yet.
"This is a nice area," Crosshairs comments.
No one thought Sunstreaker would tell Crosshairs and Drift they could bring Jamie here.
"Are we sure we're not dreaming?" Lightning jokes.
I know this seems out of character for Sunstreaker, but I think it's partly that the others refuse to give him a chance. Now he's fallen for a human. I'm hoping shit doesn't happen this weekend. Then maybe we can do this again when Jamie is here without Drift and Sunstreaker trying to convince me.
I want to stop being worried that Sunstreaker and I being together is dangerous for both of us. I want the other Autobots and soldiers to stop avoiding me. This is not what I thought when I was told there'd be challenges in mine and Sunstreaker's relationship. Apparently, what I want is a fairytale.

"So, ghost stories?" Sideswipe asks as we sit around the fire, cooking hot dogs.
Everyone is curious if Sideswipe knows any Earth ghost stories or wants to tell Cybertron ghost stories. I'm distracted by how shit keeps happening to either Sunstreaker or me and wondering if it'll ever stop.
"Come with me," Sunstreaker insists as Sideswipe tells a ghost story.
I'm terrified to be alone with him after what happened, but I take his hand.

As we leave the light of the fire, I tighten my hold on Sunstreaker's arm. Sunstreaker takes out his gun as we walk a short distance.
All I can think of is that night.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily is scared, but I don't think she thinks I want to kill her. The full moon is preventing us from seeing stars, but the light from the moon reflecting on the water is beautiful. I put my gun back in the holster and take Lily's hands.
"Lily, I love you. It's getting annoying that scrap keeps happening, but I'm not giving up on us. I'll keep you safe. I hope I never have to kill in front of you again, but I will to protect you."
I kiss her under the moonlight. This quickly turns into our first make out session. I lift her, and Lily wraps her legs around my waist.
"If I'm dreaming, don't wake me up," Lily smiles and rests her head on my shoulder.
"It's not a dream."
Maybe tomorrow we can go for a swim under the moonlight.

I carry her back to the campsite — knowing I shouldn't yet —and sit on the log.
"Where'd you two go?" Sideswipe asks, getting himself a whack on the back by Lightning, which surprises everyone.
"You have much to learn about relationships," she tells Sideswipe
"Oh? So who's the mystery mech?" Crosshairs asks.
"Seriously? You didn't figure that out before the war?" Lightning asks.
The others smile, but Lily has fallen asleep, so we need to be quiet. I worry she's stressed herself to where she's exhausted. At least it's eight-thirty.

I put Lily to bed, happy I can unzip the sleeping bag completely and zip it up with her in it, but I can't join the others. I worry being out here after last weekend, even after telling her about the security system and Mirage being on guard, will not prevent nightmares about last weekend. I didn't think Drift would want to sit in the tent with me. He says he'll sleep in this tent.
"This could be a disaster," I sigh in frustration.
At least I know how to tell Lily is having a nightmare before she wakes up crying or screaming. Only Drift is with me in this tent. I question if this was planned, but at least we can avoid waking the others unless Lily screams.

Drift is already waiting to help as I get Lily out of the sleeping bag and onto my lap. Trying to be careful not to frighten her as I hug her.
"Lily, we're safe," I assure her. Keeping my voice low to not wake up the others.
She stares at me, terrified. Tears roll down her face. Even while knowing we have a security system in place, she's terrified we'll be attacked again, and by soldiers, not Decepticons, is what's more troubling. Though it doesn't matter who attacks us, Lily is terrified that I'll get hurt. This fear will never go away, but I hope I can help her not be this terrified.
"This is concerning," I comment once Lily is asleep.
"There's not much we can do but remind her we're safe while doing things like this," Drift explains.
I don't like making Lily do things while afraid, but I understand how this is the only way to help her.

Lily's P.O.V.
I knew Sunstreaker would be close to me, and I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I get out of my sleeping bag to lie on top of him.
"Rule breaker," he teases and kisses me. Sunstreaker hugs me as I lay my head on his chest, "how about swimming under the moonlight tonight? Even though we'll be swimming most of the day."
I don't answer him and enjoy listening to Sunstreaker's heartbeat until I fall asleep.

"It's about time you woke up," Sunstreaker smiles, "though I love having you lay on me. Come on; the others are making breakfast."
I'll take that as my clue that the others haven't been up long. I laugh at Sunstreaker covering his eyes as I get dressed in the tent, but I suspect he's looking through a small gap. When it's his turn to get dressed, I only look at his six-pack, hoping my parents and brother never realize they never set a rule about seeing each other nude. I put my bathing suit on more to avoid the chance of the other wanting to come back to the tents. Seems unlikely, but better not to take the chance.
"I hope you stop worrying like this sooner than later," Sunstreaker comments as he hugs me, "I know you'll always worry about me, but I don't want you to worry this much."