Ch. 40 Game Night

Lily's P.O.V.
Ratchet tells me Sunstreaker has been here all afternoon and just left to get dinner as he checks on me for the fifth time today. On cue, Sunstreaker walks in with a McDonald's bag and a box. Sunstreaker looks at Ratchet, thinking he's going to be in trouble. Ratchet only says this can't be dinner every night before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. Sunstreaker sits by the bed and takes out the contents of the bag. A twenty-piece McNuggets and two large fries. I don't care that there's no soda and I only have water. Sunstreaker says the cookies are for later. He wants me to rest a little before we have game night. 
Once we're with dinner, Sunstreaker gets his sketchbook. He is uncertain about sketching me in the medbay.
"Do we really want to remember this? I mean, I know we will, but we don't need visual memories. I'll do a sketch of you on Saturday if you can leave the medbay."
Sunstreaker works on his sketch for a half-hour before leaving. Game night is in a half-hour, and he still has things to get.

Sunstreaker returns with Crosshairs, Drift, Lightning, and Sideswipe a half-hour later. I see he's carrying a gallon of milk. Curious about how long they waited before coming here?
Crosshairs and Drift teach us a card came Jamie plays. The rounds go quickly with six players.
"Ok, time for a new game," Sideswipe declares, "after a snack."
Sunstreaker got chocolate chip cookies and, my favorite, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Drift takes the chocolate chip cookie to warm up in the kitchen. While he's doing that, I'm trying to convince the others that I don't need pain relief. My argument is pointless when Ratchet walks in. He immediately argues that I should have pain relief, but he thinks I'm ready for a lower dose.

We continue playing games when Drift returns for a few hours before everyone has had enough. Wish I could suggest watching a movie, but Ratchet isn't allowing that yet.
I bring up Sunstreaker staying here with me since there's another bed. Drift isn't certain if this is a good idea, but he lets Sunstreaker stay with me.

By eight-thirty, I need to lie down. Our game night has ends. Sunstreaker leaves to go get changed and get some things. I realize I need to ask Ratchet about a shower and changing my clothes, even though I have done nothing to make me smell in the past two days. 
"Remember to ask Ratchet about a shower tomorrow when the infusion finishes," Sunstreaker comments as he walks into the room.
"I know; I need to change my clothes. I wonder if I'll be allowed to leave the medbay and watch you work out?"
"I hope so. I need to return to my workouts, but I don't want to leave you alone."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I know Lily is bored, but I want her to rest. I'll let her watch me workout if Ratchet allows her to. Lily likes watching me continue my sketch until she falls asleep.
I still can't believe I fell in love with a human. Add, she's twelve years old. Why a child? I'm unsure if I should be happy she's a hybrid and we'll be together for a long time. It's fragged up how her uncle thought giving her Energon was a good idea. I doubt he knew we'd meet and fall in love. I lay in the other bed, staring at the femme I love, until I fell asleep.

I'm woken up by Ratchet removing the empty IV bag.
"How long can you hold off?" I ask.
"Perhaps three hours."
"Good, she needs a shower and to change her clothes. Oh, and she wants to watch me workout."
"She seems able to sit up for a few hours. Getting out of bed is good for her. Let me know when she's ready for more pain relief, and I don't mean to wait until a headache starts."
Ratchet covers the IV catheter and leaves the room. I work on my sketch until Lily wakes up.

Lily smiles, seeing I'm still here.
"Go shower before your headache starts again," I insist, but I know it sounded more demanding.
Oddly, Lily's smile doesn't fade as she gets out of bed and grabs clothes from the bag Luke brought her.
Please don't tell me you like this, Lily.
I can't believe I'm disgusted at myself for still sounding demanding.
Is something wrong? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
Oddly, I'm not pleased I sounded demanding, telling Lily to shower.
You're going to have to work on being nice. Sideswipe reminds me.
I don't like how Lily was still smiling as I sounded demanding, which is even odder.
I'm hoping she's not expecting you to treat her only slightly better than your victims.
Should I talk to her?
I don't know. You've been nice since Lily was rescued and terrified of you, yet she fell in love with you again. I don't think there's a balance between caring and being you.
There is, and I can kill humans and be nice to Lily. With everything going as we want, I don't want to experiment with Lily's limit on how demanding she likes me to be.

After Lily's shower, I get our breakfast while Ratchet starts another infusion.
"Geez, breakfast in bed twice in a row?" Sideswipe asks, "ow! Seriously?!" After getting an elbow in the gut, he complains, "what was that for?!"
"Questioning what I'm doing."
"You're just embarrassed to show you're being nice to a human, even in front of your brother, geez. Mind you, I've been watching you be nice to Lily for two weeks."

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
What's with him? Suddenly he's not liking I see he's being nice to Lily. I'm not sure if this is an issue.
"He's having to learn to be nice and be aware everyone is watching him," Ratchet explains.
"He will not be extra moody, is he?"
"Hard to say, which is potentially a problem."
We know this could mean Sunstreaker could kill humans as Lily recovers.