Ch. 57 Talking to Rung

Lily's P.O.V. 
Sunstreaker lies on the bed beside me with his arm over my torso. Not sure how long he's been asleep. I move closer, which wakes him up.
"What happened to no sleeping together?" He smiles.
"You know we shouldn't."
Sunstreaker kisses me and smiles.
"I have an idea. Wish we could have fun that way, but there's this."
I didn't think he'd tickle me. That doesn't seem like something Sunstreaker would do.
"Ok, stop," I beg.
"Fine," he sulks and sits me up to hug me, "I will never tire of telling you how much I love you. I wish things would stop turning into scrap to show you how much I love you. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but do you want to go camping again, but with our friends? Ratchet says it's fine."
"I don't know. I can't see you get hurt again. I know it will happen when you have to fight the Decepticons again, but..."
"We'll be safe. We'll say maybe until Friday morning."
I forgot I had an appointment with Rung, which he refuses to reschedule even if I was supposed to be at his office by two.
"I'm tired of talking for the week," I sulk.
"Sorry, but you need to talk to him," Sunstreaker insists.
Even though he can't carry me, Sunstreaker will ensure I go to Rung's office.
"Jerk."
"I don't like how afraid you are. Maybe there's nothing he can do, but you need to talk to Rung."

Rung decides this time he wants Sunstreaker with me. I didn't want to talk because I knew I'd start crying again, talking about losing the one I love. I know Sunstreaker hates hearing me cry.
"I have been told that Lennox and Optimus are dealing with what happened and hoping to put a stop to any soldiers thinking they have a perfect opportunity for revenge," Rung explains, "I don't want to make you go camping, but I don't want you to avoid doing anything fun out of the base with your friends or even dates with Sunstreaker."
"I told her Mirage already said he'd be a guard on the trip," Sunstreaker adds, "I wouldn't be surprised if Que and Wheeljack can create security by the end of the week."
"I'm letting you decide, but I think you should go camping with your friends," Rung insists.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I figured Rung planned on talking to me alone before Crosshairs and Drift came by to get Lily. I doubt there's another reason for this than my serious anxiety leading to passing out issue. I'm more frustrated by how scrap keeps happening. I suspect Rung knows everything I'm telling him but still wants me to tell him.
"... she thinks we're both in danger being together, and I already failed to protect her because I don't want her to see me kill," I finish.
"And even with that thinking, she was terrified you'd suffer a complication. She's afraid but loves you. You'll figure out the balance between protecting her from being killed and seeing you kill humans. That doesn't mean let yourself become a target."

Lily hugs me; I worry she's scared, like Rung is saying our relationship will not work out.  Rung reminds Lily that he doesn't want her to avoid doing anything out of the base with me and that we should go on the camping trip.  I take her back to her room.

I don't know what to say, but I feel like I need to say more as we watch T.V., Lily sitting on my lap. I hate how the problems we're dealing with won't resolve in a few days—hating how Lily is still uncertain. It's better she's not confused, but being uncertain if we should be together isn't much better. I hope she feels like we're together and everything is amazing before she goes to summer camp.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
"So, is there anything we can do?" I ask Drift after hearing the one thing Drift was allowed to know from Sunstreaker and Lily's appointment with Rung.
"Not really," Drift sighs, "I can see if Que and Wheeljack can create some kind of security, so hopefully, Lily will want to go on the camping trip. I don't want to do extra planning like this for months, but I'm also not telling Lily anything should Que and Wheeljack create a portable security system."
"Not the first time he's lied to help them," Crosshairs points out, getting an elbow to the gut from Drift, "ow! What? It's true."
"It's nothing that puts them in danger," Drift defends.
"Chill, we know you don't lie like that," Crosshairs says.
Drift goes to talk to our scientists. I worry he's lying about Jamie and if he and Crosshairs should be with her just to stay here to help Sunstreaker.
"Jamie is ok," Crosshairs says, "as much as we like helping Lily and Sunstreaker, we'd leave if we had to. We'll see her soon."
I hope so, but I still feel like Crosshairs and Drift need to get back to their charge now.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I need to get more pain relief before dinner. Stupid of me not to think of keeping the bottle in my jacket pocket. The pain isn't like the first twenty-four hours, but it's hard to ignore.
"So, Lily, has you taking pain relief?" Sideswipe smiles.
"It's hard to ignore this while breathing or doing anything. She'd also panic, seeing I'm in pain. She's fragging traumatized from what happened."
I take the pills and leave. I should be fine until Lily goes to bed.

Lily is waiting for me in our art room. We finally get back to working on our painting of the ducks in the pond at the park. We're ready to add color and detail. I find this is helping Lily learn how to do paintings.  We work on the painting for an hour before dinner.
It's a lazy night that results in Lily falling asleep on me, and I have to carry her to bed. Glad I'm able to.
Once again, I'm happy she's in comfortable clothes that I don't have to change her clothes. Since neither of us can work out and Lily is likely worried about soldiers planning revenge and me getting hurt, I think the month will be like today. I hope I can get her not to be so afraid and we can go out in the city. I want to  kill that fragger.