Ch. 36 Rules

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily leans on me while sitting on my lap. She's a little relaxed, though the twenty-minute wait isn't reassuring. She becomes tense again as we're asked back into the conference room. 
"Lily, you know we can't lie," Lexie starts, "we are worried about Sunstreaker's past and certain things he does," I feel Lily's anxiety rise. I'm worried she will pass out, "but trust the others will keep you safe."
I'm not surprised they don't trust I'll keep Lily safe without others up my aft. Strangely, my dreams are accurate with how Lily and I have rules. At least there are no rules about being alone and seeing Lily nude. Just that I can't frag her until she's sixteen. Oddly, I feel it is too lax, but I will say nothing. It will be a while before Lily lets me see her nude. I only saw her nude once to get her out of her dress rather than leaving her in the dress as she slept. I say that's ok.
So am I fired from being her guardian? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
It's up to Optimus, but I say we're both her guardians.

Lily's family joins us for lunch, which will show the others that Lily's family trusts me, especially with Optimus joining us. Lily is still not relaxed but doing better than twenty minutes ago. 
"Oh, I forgot about room arrangements," Optimus points out, looking at Lily's parents, "she's been staying in Luke's room while he's sharing a room with Bumblebee. I can give her a room here."
"Not yet," Mason answers and Lexie agrees, "sorry, Lily, but you're only living here because Ratchet wants to monitor you. It's only because you're twelve that we don't want you living here yet."
They can't argue that's the reason Annabelle isn't living here. She's a year older than Lily but isn't interested in living here, and I don't know if Lennox would allow it if she was interested.

Ratchet adds he believes he doesn't have to watch Lily closely. Lily's parents agree Lily can stay here until she leaves for summer camp. I will not ask her parents when they feel Lily can have a room here or argue that Lily should have a room to make her own for two months. I also wonder if Optimus is ok with having that room vacant for years. It might be a good idea if Lily's parents add that Lily and I can't share a bed yet. Sideswipe and I tell Optimus we will both be her guardians. We want to continue to let Crosshairs and Drift join us and anyone else. Hopefully, Jamie will return soon, and the two femmes can be friends.

After lunch, Lily and I go to our art room to continue the painting we started this morning. Lily is happy but still worried about the others arguing with me about our relationship. There's still work to be done. Even I need to learn what I'm supposed to do in a relationship. I don't know if I can take her on a trip yet. Even if no rule was spoken about leaving the base, the area that inspired the paintings is close to here. Hopefully, we can go on a little trip before Lily leaves for summer camp.

We lose track of time until Sideswipe walks in.
"Uh, it's five at night," he informs us before looking at our painting, which is half done, "ok, so you two weren't hiding to avoid anyone disagreeing. Drift is worried that's why no one has seen you two in five and a half hours."
"I'm tired of Autobots threatening Sunstreaker, but what else can we do?" Lily asks.
"I told you we have Autobots that support us, and your brother is supportive," I remind her, "the scrap will stop soon. Come on, let's get dinner."

Lily's P.O.V.
How long before I can be Happy? Knowing how most at the base disapprove and are still avoiding me makes it hard to be happy things are how I want rather than getting told no because I'm twelve and in love with an alien.
"You need a little time out of the base," Sunstreaker declares, "you choose are we going on a date, or can our friends join?"
"That's not how it's done," I laugh, "but I want them to join us."
"You're only twelve. How would you know how a mech is supposed to ask femmes on a date?" Sunstreaker asks.
I can't say Luke taught me since he brought his dates home at the end of the date, and it's been a few years since he had a date.
"That just sounds wrong," Sideswipe argues, "asking if it's just the two of you or the five of us."
"He's right," Drift agrees, "and usually a date isn't last minute. Even with Jamie, while she argues we're not together. I plan a few days in advance. Though she can be a challenge, sometimes the idea of a date turns into time out with Crosshairs joining us. I only plan a little and see what happens as the date goes on."
I know Drift will not let me change the subject to learning about Jamie, not even knowing why Jamie doesn't consider the two of them being together. Hopefully, I don't have to wait long to meet or learn about her.

We decide to get ice cream and walk to a nearby park. Once we find a place to sit, the conversation starts with how many parks there are in the city.
"I hope they bring her here soon," Sideswipe whispers to Sunstreaker and me as Crosshairs and Drift talk about how much Jamie will love the parks in the city, especially the one by the base, "I worry they've been told she's struggling, but then why don't they bring her here?"
"They wouldn't refuse while trying to help Lily and me," Sunstreaker points out, "sounds like she'll be back soon. I just hope she's ok."
"Sounds like they miss her. Should we tell them they can go to Jamie's house?" I ask.
The twins look at me like I wasn't told something, but Crosshairs and Drift aren't talking in the past tense.
"They'd plan on going there rather than ignoring there's a problem," Sunstreaker says, "now, are we eating breakfast in the cafeteria tomorrow morning, or am I getting breakfast?"
I sigh, hating how these two are trying hard to change the subject. I don't like that I will have to ignore a problem, but I don't want to start an argument. I tell Sunstreaker to get breakfast. I love our time together in my room. Regretting it's only mine until I leave for summer camp, I'm only visiting the base, which means going home at night. I hope it's not until I'm eighteen. 
The night ends with Sunstreaker and I watching T.V. in my room until I fall asleep.