Ch. 48 Overdue Disciussion

"What was I thinking falling for a fleshie?!" Sunstreaker rages, "you're a worthless species. I can't believe I came to Earth to protect humans!" I watch Sunstreaker take out his gun in horror. No reaction as if he's no longer in love with me, "good riddance!"

"Lily?! Wake up!" I hear someone, and I realize I'm in the medbay. Sunstreaker is the one I heard. He looks at me, worried, "you're ok."
He moves me onto his lap, ensuring I'm still covered with the blanket. He hugs me close to him, allowing me to listen to his heartbeat. Soon, tears roll down my face. Sunstreaker says nothing as he wipes the tears away. I don't know what to say.

After a few minutes, Sunstreaker stands up, still holding me as he lies on the other bed with a raised head. He's hoping we'll nap together as he moves the blanket from the bed onto him.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
As I hoped, Lily fell asleep on me. I slept for two hours, but she's still asleep. Ratchet walks into the room, telling me he's scanned mine and Lily's heads once an hour as we slept. He says there's nothing unusual, but we are aware Lily might have given herself another concussion, and recovery will take longer. Ratchet is worried she'll have post-concussion syndrome. While that means tonight's date and next weekend's camping trip will be canceled, I'm more worried about Lily stressing about school.
"You know what to look for to know if she needs to rest. Here, let me take her so you can talk to Mirage about the date and prepare."
Ratchet takes Lily and lays her in the other bed. I kiss her forehead before leaving.

Mirage is worried as he hears what happened.
"Is he sure she'll be ok?"
"He said I couldn't take her out after dinner before today, remember? I'm hoping I don't have to bring dinner to the medbay. I will not try to get Lily to wear the dress, though."
"Ok, I'll get started," Mirage says, heading to the cafeteria.
I hope to tell Lily how much I love her, and I'll never hurt her. I know showing is better, but she's struggling to relax knowing my history. Hopefully, this will help.

I watch Lily twitch in her sleep, and it's easy to figure out what her nightmare is about.
"What?" I ask Sideswipe, seeing him standing at the entrance.
"You. You're going to worry about upsetting her, and -."
"I should be ok. I doubt she'll abruptly leave the hangar."
Sideswipe will still worry, but hopefully, he will not be spying in the hallway or asking Mirage to.

Lily's P.O.V.
Sunstreaker sits beside the bed. I thought I was lying on him before I fell asleep?
"Hey," he smiles, "how do you feel?"
"Fine. How pissed is Ratchet?"
"He's more worried your recovery has reset but could be harder. Even with that, he says we can have a little date night, but only dinner in the hangar," I ruined his plan for a date, "it's ok, we'll have plenty of dates and spend plenty of time together."
He kisses my forehead before showing me he's been waiting with the wheelchair in the room. So that's how bad Ratchet thinks my condition is, crud.

Sunstreaker takes me to the hangar that he once again had beautifully decorated. He parks the wheelchair by the entrance, carries me to the table, and sets me on a chair before sitting on the other chair and texts Mirage.
"If he's helping you with dinner for our dates, why does he still avoid us?" I ask.
"Well, when you're in the medbay, resting from a concussion," Mirage answers as he puts plates on the table.
I wonder if Luke told him another meal I like or if Sunstreaker is choosing right; steak, frozen peas, and potato skins loaded with bacon.
"Funny thing is Drift thought you asked me to plan a date for him and Jamie," Mirage comments, "apparently this is one of her favorites."
"You should get him to plan one," Sunstreaker comments, and Mirage leaves.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I worry Crosshairs and Drift neglect Jamie, but I can't think about that now.
Lily loves what I planned for dinner and finds it funny that Sideswipe argued she wouldn't like this. Not my fault the femmes he's dated eat like rabbits.
I need to figure out how to start the conversation we need to have. I don't want to upset Lily, and I worry about getting anxious to the point where I pass out.

After dinner, Lily is feeling dizzy, and we sit on the floor by the wall.
"Do I need to get Ratchet?!" Mirage asks, worried.
"No," Lily replies as she leans on me.
"We'll be going back to the medbay soon," I add.
"Ok, here we are, one giant heart-shaped cookie," Mirage smiles as he removes the lid.
"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I smile.
"Guilty, so when am I making spaghetti?" Mirage smiles, and this gets Lily to laugh. The spy leaves us alone.
"Tell me, honestly: after all of this - knowing who I am, knowing what I've done - do you think I'm a monster?"
"No. I think you're human."
"Only human? Really?"
"Don't look so surprised. You and I both know humans are just as capable of terrible things. I know I still have a lot to learn about you guys, but from what I've learned, you guys are like us, and no human is perfect. You were hurt as a kid, and others decided you're the problem instead of helping."
"But?"
"It will take time to get used to knowing you kill. It's scary to think I can predict when you'll kill, but I still love you."
I lift her head up to kiss her on the lips.
"All right, let's get you back to the medbay," I insist, seeing how much the dizziness affects her. I'm worried she will throw up, "we'll eat the cookie there."
I put her in the wheelchair and have her hold the plate as I wheel her back to the medbay.

Ratchet tells me to put her in the room we were both in a few hours ago. Once Lily is in bed, Ratchet enters the room to put an IV in.
I know Ratchet is lying by saying since it's not busy, I'm allowed to stay here. He is worried about how I passed out again. We're waiting for the Energon test results, and it must be good that he didn't rush the analysis.
"You're lucky I'm taking this by day," Ratchet tells Lily, "I should put you on strict rest, no leaving the medbay."
With that, Ratchet leaves the room.
"Yeah, you fragged up," I tell her, "you scared me."
"You were avoiding me."
I sigh, "I thought you'd need time to think about what you were told. Afraid to ask you. You do not know how much I love you. I thought I'd only have Sideswipe until he found a femme."
"I'm only twelve. I wasn't thinking about dating, but seeing you the first day I came here... I don't know."
We smile at each other before I kiss her.
I can only hope my sire never comes to Earth. Sideswipe and I don't want to see him ever, but my nightmares make me worried if he'll come to Earth.