Ch. 59 Encouraging

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily is terrified and lets me sleep with her. As much as I want to sleep with her, I hate how it took being terrified for my safety that led her to do this. Yet she doesn't worry that she could be killed for being in the killer's way. This made me realize that Lily is a hybrid; will she only die if a Cybertronian kills her? It still doesn't mean I will not worry if she gets hurt. Looking at the time as I stroke Lily's red hair, I'm tempted to wake her up, but I also want to enjoy this a little longer.
"Time to get up," I comment as Lily looks at me.
Lily lies on me, "no."
"Fine," I smile and kiss her on the lips.
Lily puts her hands on my shoulders as she kisses me. 
After a nice good morning kiss, Lily rests her head on my chest. I will not ruin her mood yet.

It's a relaxing half-hour until I hear Lily's stomach.
"Ok, now it's time to get up."
Lily sighs and gets off me and the bed. She gets clothes and goes into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. I have some clothes here and my painkillers. The pain isn't too bad, but Lily laid on my chest a little too long, too soon.
Sunstreaker: Drift, I think we have a problem. As much as I loved having Lily use me as a pillow, she refused to until last night, believing we were breaking rules. She was that terrified. The good news is she's in a good mood this morning.
Drift: she might be ok, but I will let Rung know. The camping trip is still pending. Hold off on asking her.

Lily wears shorts — though not too short — and a tank top. Even with how skinny she is, she's beautiful in this outfit, even with my leather jacket, which is way too big.
I have to take a picture.
"And I thought you couldn't get any more beautiful," I comment.
"That's several levels below sexy. Which I won't be until I'm like sixteen."
I don't know what to say. I'm certain saying she's sexy will cause problems, but I hate what she's thinking.

I'm happy that Lily goes with Sideswipe into the cafeteria so I can tell Drift what Lily told me. Though I think this is something Rung needs to know.
"This seems sudden," Drift comments, "I don't think it's a sign she hates how she looks or thinking why would you love her."
"I hope you're right."
"Regarding the camping trip, Rung says the plan is fine."
We decide Rung needs to know what Lily told me, even if it's only to note this in her file.

We take Lily back to her room after breakfast, but she knows seeing six friends looking to go to her room with her means a conversation will happen. I have her sit on my lap as we talk.

Lily's P.O.V.
I'm not surprised that they're trying to get me to want to go on this camping trip. Drift tells me that the Autobot scientists invented a portable security system that we'll use for this camping trip.
"We'll be safe," Sunstreaker assures me, "I'll protect you."
I agree to go, but I'm terrified this trip will be a disaster.
"Let's work on some art," Sunstreaker suggests once everyone leaves.

Art doesn't last long before we watch T.V. until lunch. We go to the lounge room where Sideswipe is playing video games.
"Is this all you do?" I ask.
"Hey! I teach recruits," Sideswipe replies.
"When he feels like it," Sunstreaker jokes.
Sideswipe isn't liking that I'm laughing at this joke.
Sideswipe and I play video games after being unsuccessful in getting Sunstreaker to join us.

After lunch, Sunstreaker decides we should go to my room; that'll likely be Luke's again by the end of the month. Sunstreaker doesn't care if we're laying on the bed.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I don't think I can teach Lily to ignore fear right now. I hate how traumatized she is to go camping, but I know canceling plans will not help her. 

We get ready for the camping trip at four. Lily is getting more anxious.
"We'll be safe," I assure her.
I'm unsure if it's a good idea to show I'll be prepared with my gun and knife or that the others will have guns.

Mirage already left to set up. At least Lily is thinking as in the tents and fire. The rest of us know he's also setting up the security system. Lily wants to get cookies from Panera Bread before we get to our spot. At least she didn't argue we should get dinner first. Maybe we will tomorrow rather than hot dogs for dinner. Lightning wants to attempt to make cheeseburgers.
"She will not relax," I tell Drift, "I know it will not help her if we cancel plans, but..."
"She'll relax when we get there. She should be ok when we go to bed."
Drift sounds confident, but I worry this will be another terrible camping trip.

Lily's P.O.V.
The soldier from yesterday approaches me, trying to be friendly, but I can't relax. I worry he's trying to trick me into trusting him to use me to get Sunstreaker in a place where soldiers can attack him.
"What did I say?!" Sunstreaker rages as he pushes the soldier to the wall, "last warning, stay the frag away from her!" The soldier runs away, "hey, I wasn't kidding earlier. I will let no one lay a finger on you."
I hope that soldier won't be like the other guy last weekend.
"Sunstreaker... I don't think—."
"We'll be safe," he assures me as he crouches down to my level and takes my hands, "I'll alert Lennox, and remember Mirage is going to be security." 

Sideswipe is still playing video games. I stay with him while Sunstreaker talks to Lennox.
"What happened?" Sideswipe asks.
"I don't want to talk about it."
He hugs me and suggests playing video games until it's time to go. I don't think this is going to be a relaxing camping trip.