Ch. 63 Alone

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I take ten minutes to paddle to the island. Not sure if it's because I'm new at the paddle board or if this is how long it's supposed to take.
The island has a beach and woods. It's not a large island. A half mile to the other side, but with the woods, it's private.
"So, is this our private island?" Lily asks.
"Maybe it can be."

There's a small clearing in the middle of the island. I'll have to clear a little more, but it's enough to have our lunch.
Lily watches me take my beach towel from the backpack and lay it on the ground. I get the food and put it on the towel. Lily sits next to me as we eat.
"We're alone, and no one will know," I smile and kiss her. I pull her  down to lie on me.

Lily's P.O.V.
"I-I don't know. We could be in so much trouble if we're caught."
Tears roll down my face, and I think they land on Sunstreaker's chest because he makes me look at him.
"I love you and worry we could frag things up. I was hoping we could find ways to have a little fun. I don't see either of us waiting for years."
He kisses me as he rubs my back. We lay here for a while before going back to the others.

The others are still on the beach when we get back. They've had enough swimming, leaving Sunstreaker and me swimming without them. By swimming, I mean hugging him while he's in water up to our chests. This is relaxing, and I'm falling asleep.

I wake up to find I'm in a tent, laying on Sunstreaker, who is asleep. I don't know what time it is, but I'm going back to sleep rather than ruin this.

After another hour of sleep, Sunstreaker wakes me up.
"It's two in the afternoon. I don't want you up all night."
I don't get off him, and Sunstreaker doesn't move. Until he notices, I'm falling asleep. He sits up and positions me on his lap. After a few minutes, we decided to swim until dinner. Then we enjoy a campfire until dark.

We sneak away from the campsite to swim in the moonlight once everyone is asleep.  We both hope Mirage is spying on us to get a picture.
"I told you this would be nice," I say nothing, "and a good way to get you to sleep."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily is asleep before we get out of the water.
"I got some pictures," Mirage says while handing me a towel big enough to cover myself and Lily. He shows me the pictures that came out well, with only the moonlight being his light source, "I'll send them to you."
Mirage leaves while I get myself and Lily dry.  Hoping her sleeping bag is enough to keep her warm. I should have thought about that before letting her fall asleep.

Drift is still up and keeping the fire going. He smiles, seeing me holding Lily as I sit on the chair next to him.
"Can't believe the weekend is over," I comment, "even if Lily isn't attending school. We're going back to the base tomorrow."
"Like you can't figure out something to do with her."
Once Lily and I aren't soaked, I take her into the tent. Drift follows me and insists we put clothes on her. I can't believe how careful he is not to wake Lily up. He goes to put the fire out while I put Lily in her sleeping bag and kiss her before getting into my sleeping bag.
The weekend is over means it's getting closer to the day Lily leaves for summer camp.

Lily is laying on me when I wake up. Drift isn't in the tent. The look in Lily's eyes says she's unhappy.
"This was nice, even with our friends with us," she sighs.
"I know; every day that passes means our time together is short until you leave."
"Then when I return to school... what if that's why we're even allowed to be together?"
Lily cries, which gets Drift to come into the tent. I know he doesn't think I've hurt her. To my surprise, Lily repeats what she told me as if she's hoping her parents will listen to him. I'm unsure if her parents know Crosshairs and Drift have been helping us.
I can tell that Drift wants Lily to talk to her parents, but we know Lily is tired of hearing that and afraid of what her parents will say. I don't think they'll talk to me.
So what else can either of us say?
It's a challenge to get Lily to calm down. She's ok in time for Lightning to tell us everything is packed. Drift gives me that look, saying we'll talk later.
Sideswipe, when we get back, I need you to get Lily to play video games with you. I tell Sideswipe through the bond.
Sideswipe says nothing, but I can feel he's worried.

I didn't think Drift would get Luke involved, seeing him already waiting in the conference room.
"Would your parents talk to Sunstreaker?" Drift asks.
"Why?"
"Fine, you tell them. Lily thinks they're only allowing her and Sunstreaker to be together until she leaves for summer camp. As the days go by, she's more upset. I didn't know what to tell her."
Luke smiles, "ah, Lily is proving love is blind. Our parents wouldn't do that. They would have asked Ratchet to make house calls to keep Lily and Sunstreaker away from each other," Luke sighs, "she will not like it, but our parents need to talk to her. To both of you," he looks at me.
Oh boy, all I picture is Lily's anxiety getting as bad as mine and passing out. Even if there are no serious effects on her health, I'd rather not see that. What a shitty end to the camping trip. Better than last weekend, but still...