Ch. 33 Mirage's Plan

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I didn't think Mirage would get one hotel room with two beds. I sit on my bed after dinner, watching a video Sideswipe sent me while Mirage is in the shower. I've felt Sideswipe's sadness since I left, but I felt disappointment when he started recording.
".....you know now, but you must act like you still don't know. Take this as the sign you're looking for to tell Lily how you feel about her, and hopefully, she'll tell you," Sideswipe concludes, and the video ends.
Damn, I didn't think she'd be this upset that I left.
"So, you going to tell her?" Mirage asks, "hey, not my fault you played the video as I walked out of the bathroom."
"I don't know. Lily told me she dreamt I killed her friend, and she doesn't know how many humans I've killed. Most Autobots and soldiers are avoiding her; we're not even friends yet. This video doesn't help much."
"It's going to take time, just like how Lily is confused but feels love towards you. I think you need to be the one to say something first."
Mirage talks about an idea he has. It sounds like he wants to help me with my love confession, but I still feel it's too soon. I don't like how Lily still feels confused about how to think about me.

Sideswipe argues Lily is no longer confused, considering she dreamt I told her I'm leaving Earth for good, and she watched me leave. This dream after she was told I'd be back in three days. I'm staying here to protect Mirage on his mission, but I need time to think.

The next two days are rough but not mission-wise. Mirage got what he wanted easier than he thought. We're going home a day early. Good, because it's been hard feeling Sideswipe's sadness and reading texts telling me Lily has been upset. She does her homework without problem but looks for me at dinnertime. I think I screwed up.
"Ok, so you probably did screw up," Mirage says, "but you might have gotten her to think she needs to talk to you. She might be thinking you're considering going home to Cybertron. Even though she could go to Cybertron, she must be thinking no one will take her there."
He talks about helping me with a date. Thinking next Friday is a good time.
It'll be a date to us, but I'm thinking of telling Lily I want to do something nice for her.
"She may only be twelve, but I think she'll know what you're doing."
"Maybe, but I don't think she'll be ready to hear our time together is a date."
Mirage smiles, "you really love her. You wouldn't be trying this hard to avoid being sent to Cybertron."

We reach the base at four in the afternoon. I let Sideswipe know before Mirage, and I pull into the hangar. I figured he'd be with Lily, Crosshairs, and Drift. I didn't expect Lily to run to me, resulting in me going down, and she lands on top of me.
Lily lies on me quietly, but I feel tears rolling down her face as I touch her face.
I wait a few minutes before sitting up and hug Lily. I know Mirage is still here, watching along with Crosshairs, Drift, and Sideswipe.
"Come on, time for dinner," Drift says to break the silence.
Lily gets up, allowing me to get up before she takes my hand.

After dinner, the plan is to watch T.V. As expected, Lily falls asleep. We know this won't last long, but this is good for now.

"You know how I said next Friday?" Mirage whispers, "I think tomorrow would be better."
I know we have to tell Crosshairs and Drift the plan. Which is likely to result in the two scolding me for leaving.
"Have you been spying?" Drift asks after Mirage explains what he wants to do for Lily and me.
"Not much, but I also accidentally overheard the video Sideswipe sent, and it was obvious Sunstreaker was not pleased."
Drift agrees we will not consider this a date, but it's a good idea. I know Lily wants to finish the painting.
Drift believes my leaving for two days helped. Though it's not great that Lily thinks I'll be going back to Cybertron, Drift believes this has convinced Lily that she can't wait longer to talk to me. I'm hoping this means I can soon share a room with her.
Tomorrow, Mirage and I will talk to Luke to find out what Lily loves for dinner. I hope to be able to without Lily getting suspicious.
I am worried that Luke will be against this.

Luke is not pleased with what I did, which unintentionally led to Lily's love confession video. The three mechs she spoke to suspected that Lily was falling for me again, and that's why she said anything.
"I don't know if I should be pissed you left or think oddly this is what she needed," Luke admits, "I respect Drift's reasoning for not telling me. Not like a could have done anything differently."
I know he's worried I'll hurt his sister, and she could end up dead. Luke is fine with setting up as if it's a date, but we're not saying it's a date. I don't care if Lily isn't wearing a nice dress. Once plans are set, Luke and Mirage go grocery shopping, and I know it's for more than just what's needed for dinner.

Lily has decided she wants to work on the work she missed until after lunch, and she's already been working for an hour.
I think she's trying to avoid summer school. Sideswipe guesses.
Perhaps, but I hope she's not looking to skip summer camp. I'll miss her, but I don't want her to stop what she wants to do for me. Oh, scrap, I forgot she thinks her friend is in danger, and I don't think that applies to the two of us meeting.
Geez, I didn't think I'd ever hear you be this worried. It's going to take time.
An hour before lunch, I decide to do a little workout. I hope to figure out how to ask Lily to meet me in a small hangar for dinner.