Ch. 47 Emergency Situation

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I can't believe my hands are shaking as I text Drift what happened, even though I'm telling him I'm worried I'd hurt Lily physically. Crosshairs is going to be livid, and likely so will Drift.
I wait in the hallway by the medbay doors, struggling to relax. It's not long before I have to sit on the floor.
"Scrap!" I hear Drift, "are you ok?"
"Will you relax?" Crosshairs asks, "after all this time, we know you are trying not to hurt Lily."
They insist I sit in an exam room and help me to a room. Which means one of the medics will see us.

"We'll take her for a while," Drift tells me, gets water for me, and the two mechs leave.
I watch them leave with Lily a few minutes later. A little more time passes before Ratchet walks into the room.
"What happened?" Ratchet asks.
"Lily is worried I'll pass out again while ignoring her pain. She yelled while saying she is worried about me. I hate anyone yelling at me. Yet I felt a mix of she needs to be punished, and I don't want to hurt her. I know walking out of the room upset her, but I was more worried I'd physically hurt her."
"This is going to be a long and challenging process. I suggest you talk to Rung for better help before I give you medication."
With that, Ratchet goes to his office to call Rung. I guess texting isn't professional between these two. I'm told Rung is in his office now and to talk to him.

"This will take time, even if you agree to anger management therapy," Rung tells me.
"What about drugs? Something to help, so I don't have to worry as much about hurting Lily."
"Very well, but the second you refuse to see me, I'm taking you off the drug."
Rung writes a prescription to give to Ratchet. Hopefully, I can give this to him before Lily returns to the medbay. I'm told to return in an hour as I just interrupted Rung going to the cafeteria. I decide to go out for lunch. Anything to stay away from Lily for now. To let her study in peace.

I sit on a bench in the park, eating my McDonald's lunch. I dread eating alone, even if it's beautiful scenery with the ducks in the pond. It's a quiet twenty minutes before I hear Crosshairs and Drift yelling. All I can hear is their voices for a few seconds before hearing them.
"Get back here, Lily!" They both take turns yelling.
I'm horrified watching Lily run as fast as she can toward me. I know she's not ready to run yet. As I watch her, I notice the concerning signs. I rush towards her, getting to her before she falls to the ground.
"Lily?" I panic, trying to get her to wake up.
"Ratchet, we need help at the park now!" I hear Crosshairs yell while on the phone.
I hate how Drift wants to take Lily from me, even as I feel dizzy. I'm more worried about how Lily lost consciousness while running.
"Sunstreaker!" Crosshairs yells as everything goes dark.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
It's troubling that Lily ignored Crosshairs and Drift telling her not to run out of the base. They didn't want to take her out, which angered her. She ran a quarter mile, which is too much while recovering from a concussion. The consequences could be serious. Sunstreaker panicking to the point of passing out is serious. This isn't concern enough to put the two in ICU rooms, but it's still serious. I rush to the hangar to retrieve my bipedal form. I'd rather not move my patients out of the medbay for scans.

"Everything is fine," I inform the other two medics, Crosshairs and Drift, "but I want Lily on strict rest."
"She wasn't happy Sunstreaker didn't come to the cafeteria for lunch," Drift informs me.
"Sunstreaker needs to work on his anger," Crosshairs adds, "I know he thought getting away was better for Lily's safety, but he could have joined us."
"He's afraid Lily is beginning to hate him," I point out.
We know why, and it sucks. Sunstreaker is haunted by what his sire told him many times. Even Jasmine knows Sunstreaker's history.

Once back to using my holoform, I put an IV in to put Lily on pain relief. My two patients have been out for ten minutes. This concerns me, even with normal head scans. What the five of us notice is the two are dreaming.
"Unusual," Jolt observes.

"Lily!" Sunstreaker yells as he sits up, hyperventilating.
"She's ok," Drift assures him. Getting right to trying to get Sunstreaker to calm down before Lily wakes up.
"Get him to another room," Rung orders.
Crosshairs and Drift take Sunstreaker to a room next door. We watch tears roll down Lily's face, "should we not have let these two get together?"
"The problem is Sunstreaker is terrified his sire is right, and Lily will walk away from him. I think Lily is uncertain after hearing a portion of his history. Lily loves him but worries he'll kill people - and possibly Autobots - she cares about."
"She thought he left when he didn't join us for lunch," Crosshairs comments.
"They need time, but I'm worried about Lily's recovery."
"Separating them sounds like a good idea, but it's not," Rung advises, "Sunstreaker knows Lily needs to rest and study for her test. He'll be seeing me daily as well. I will leave him alone as talking to Crosshairs and Drift will be hard enough."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
"Easy, she'll be ok," Drift tries to assure me.
Along with worrying about her, shaken from my nightmare, I'm worried about passing out.
Drift has me lying on the exam bed, "what has you frightened?"
"I've had the same dream twice now that my sire comes to Earth, unhappy someone loves me - even if she's human - and kills both of us. It's worse than the nightmare that Lily can't handle who I am and leaves."
Sideswipe and I don't know if our sire is dead. Sideswipe and I watched him kill our carrier. That day will forever haunt us.
"I doubt Bulletstorm would come to Earth, but if he does, you know damn well that we'll fight him," Crosshairs swears.
Drift makes me wait fifteen minutes to calm down before returning to the other room.

"Lily woke up, but she couldn't stay up for long," Ratchet tells us, "partial good news is she's not getting worse, but I fear she has another concussion. We might be back at the beginning of her recovery. I'll know when she wakes up."
I don't even ask, but I guess the date is off. I'm hoping the camping trip I want to take Lily on next weekend doesn't have to be canceled, even if she'll be here for a month before leaving for summer camp.