Ch. 9 His Disappointment

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I go with Sideswipe to see Lily. She could be asleep for another hour or wake up a few minutes after we walk into the room.
There's something about seeing her sleep that's cute. Sideswipe thought I'd stay at most five minutes until I sat on the chair in the corner of the room while he sits by the bed.
Twenty minutes pass before Lily moans in her sleep, but not for long before she wakes up and cries. Sideswipe sits on the bed and hugs her. Lily seemed to calm down until she saw me. She hugs Sideswipe tighter, burying her face in his chest.
I leave the room, telling Ratchet Lily is awake and terrified before leaving the medbay.
Everyone got what they wanted now; Lily is terrified of me. Though if nightmares will last for a while, then there's a problem.

Sideswipe walks into our room ten minutes later. Confirming that Lily watched me kill a kidnapper and is terrified of me.
"I screwed up. My fault. That's it."
"Wow." 
"What?" 
"Nothing. I never thought I'd be pleased to hear you admit you messed up for once."
"Don't get used to it! I hate how scared Lily is."
"It's not like you knew she was there and watching you kill the guy. We could try to change that," Sideswipe smiles, "unless I'm dreaming because I never thought I'd hear you say you hate how scared Lily is."
"I-I want her to be my friend," I admit, "but I'm always left watching you have friends while people avoid me. Even before I started killing."
"We both had friends —."
"No, I was just allowed to tag along! Probably so your friends' carriers and sires didn't look bad."
"Well, we won't be able to change your ways totally, but I am certain I can help you get Lily to like you. Do you want her obsessed with you again?"
We both laugh, but I refuse to admit I liked how she was obsessed with me. 
"Can you try to keep her from deleting the photos she took of me?" I ask.
"I can try, but if she wants to delete them, I'll send them to my phone to save."
He goes to talk to Ratchet, Optimus, Crosshairs, and Drift while I work on an art piece.
I hate this feeling I have, knowing Lily is terrified of me, which is weird.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
This is interesting to see Sunstreaker not liking Lily is afraid of him. I couldn't tell him this will likely backfire, and he will have to accept that she is terrified and won't return to the base after spring break. 

Even the others I talk to about this agree it will be challenging for Lily not to be terrified.
"He has much work to do to get her not to be terrified of him. A lot more to get her to be ok doing things together with him while feeling safe. Being friends... I'm not sure," Ratchet explains.
"If only this will get him to change," Ironhide comments.
"That's another problem; even if everything goes well and Lily is his friend, how long before she sees him kill again?" Drift points out.
"He's been like that for too long. Even if there's a chance he can change, it'll be a while," Optimus adds.
Sunstreaker must try to avoid Lily until I believe she'll not be terrified when she sees him. 
"Optimus, while I report to Lennox, I request a temporary multi-room swap. While I'm her older brother, Sideswipe should stay with Lily, and she trusts him."
While Luke and Prime run the idea with Lennox, I talk to Sunstreaker.

"I said we won't be able to change who you are entirely, but perhaps a little," I explain as I lay on my bed, "this is going to take a while, and we know how patient you are. Also... I will stay with her. Luke's idea."
"It's for the better. We know Lily will have nightmares, and I wish I could help her."
Seriously, it's like someone kidnapped the real Sunstreaker with how he's been behaving the past few hours.

Ratchet had to use sleep aid to keep Lily asleep, and he held off until nine at night. Sunstreaker and I visit once she's asleep.
"I'm sorry I scared you," Sunstreaker whispers as he fixes her blanket.
"It's unusual for anyone to have nightmares several times a night," Ratchet informs us, "be warned, Sideswipe; you might not get much sleep for a while."
I can feel Sunstreaker is disappointed he won't be able to comfort Lily for a while.
I'm glad Ratchet didn't continue to give us unwanted news.

Luke will stay with Bumblebee if Lily is ok with it.
"At least my room is a few rooms from yours," Bumblebee points out, "though I think Crosshairs and Drift would be better."
"This is going to require more bots than Sideswipe," we hear Drift, "I'm thinking she'll need to talk to Rung, and we'll help you, Sideswipe."
I don't know how much Crosshairs and Drift have dealt with Jamie and her friends being afraid, but they can help. We agree we want her to make friends with other Autobots. Drift suggests we continue our fun night, trying to figure out if we can set a timeframe to bring up inviting Sunstreaker.
"Considering how terrified she is," Sunstreaker jumps in, "I think she'll need at least a month before I can even spend ten minutes with her."

Luke's P.O.V.
Crosshairs, Drift and Sideswipe join me, Ratchet, and Optimus to talk to Lily. First, we need to assure her she's safe and there's no need to go home, but we need to avoid causing her to feel like she has to stay here. Optimus already figured out the plan if Lily wants to go home since we're unsure if she's in danger. Sideswipe tells her Sunstreaker knows to leave her alone for a while but hopes she'll at least read his note. She takes it and reads it out loud. 
"I have been told you have been informed about my history, so this may be surprising, but I'm sorry for terrifying you. I want to be your friend, and you don't have to be afraid of me."
It's hard to believe Sunstreaker wrote this, but I know the twins have different handwriting. We know Sideswipe didn't fake the note. 
Lily isn't sure what to think. I video call our parents, and we still need their thoughts on this plan.

Our parents want Lily to decide and are encouraging her. They trust the Autobots will determine why Lily is likely a hybrid and what caused this.
"I think she needs time, and she'll be back to crushing on Sunstreaker," mom jokes once Sideswipe and Lily leave the medbay.
I'm tempted to ask about Lily dating Sunstreaker, but that's thinking too far ahead. Also, She just met the Autobots. Lily could think she likes Sunstreaker, but they'll be friends.

I join Sideswipe and Lily at breakfast. I worry she'll get to where she refuses to sleep because of nightmares and is too tired to function. I trust she's in good hands — or servos when the Autobots use their bipedal form. 

Lily's P.O.V.
"Listen to me, Lily; you're not sick," Ratchet explains, "though I don't know why you have Energon-colored blood."
He draws blood and gives Jasmine the vial.
"Why else would my blood be blue other than I have whatever Energon is in my blood?"
Ratchet sighs, "because someone injected you with Energon or something to delay the introduction of Energon into your blood."
Ratchet then asks all the typical questions when a patient is sick, but I feel fine. He wants to run some tests, but he'll wait. He finishes with the typical come to him if there are any issues. He forgot to explain what Energon is, but I assume that's because he's unsure if it's Energon.

Heading back to what's now mine and Sideswipe's room, I cross paths with Sunstreaker.
"Hey," he says, smiling.