Ch. 58 The Plan For The Weekend

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
The past two days have been nice. Lily and I have finished our painting. I love how she sits on my lap as we watch T.V. and that she's relaxed and lets herself fall asleep. I could sleep with her, but she's terrified we'll get in trouble. Even with that fear, she'll lie beside me until I wake up. 

With the sunlight streaming in from the window soaking the room in a warm orange glow, I smit on Lily's bed, smiling at the little femme sleeping beside me. I still can't believe she loves me, and nine days from now mark a month since I told her how much I love her—a month of scrap. I'm worried it'll never end, or it'll end with Lily deciding this isn't working. 
Sunstreaker: I hate how scrap happens every time things are going well.
Drift: and every time, Lily has shown she still loves you. It's hard, but I'm not in a perfect relationship, either.
I don't know what to say after that. I know little about Jamie to figure out what Drift means, but I don't think it's because she's a cross-dimensional traveler. He could go to her right now rather than help Lily and me.

I find Lily talking to a mech soldier. He hugs her before leaving, which she didn't like. I follow him to the elevator. Perfect, now he can't run away. I shove him into the elevator and press the button, sending the elevator to the second floor.
"Hey, keep your hands off her... or I'll cut them the fuck off!" I show him my knife and lightly cut his wrist, "now, get lost!" I shove him out of the elevator and press the 'L' button.
Uh, Sunstreaker. Sideswipe asks through the bond.
Yeah, I threatened a human. Lily doesn't know.
Uh, actually, she's telling me how she thought a soldier was looking to kidnap her. Sideswipe adds.
He just wanted to hug her, but I saw she wasn't liking it, and not because I was around.

I walk into Optimus' office, accidentally interrupting a meeting with Crosshairs and Drift. They tell me to come in before Optimus can say anything, which is concerning unless they talk about Lily and me. The three mechs are not pleased to hear what happened.
"That's just rude, to begin with," Optimus comments, "but Lily's reaction and what she told Sideswipe is concerning."
"Already threatened him," I tell him.
Crosshairs makes me sit on the chair he was sitting on. I fear there is nothing else to do but ruin everything. I tell them I wanted to teach Lily self-defense and get her to gain weight and muscle.  Then I accidentally tell the three I think it's better I tell Lily this won't work and leave Earth as much as I don't want to, but it's better before she's targeted and hurt.
"No, I know you don't want to do that," Optimus argues, "I don't want to resort to making sure Lily is guarded either," Optimus sighs, "I'm having Red Alert check out the security footage and figure out who this soldier is."
"It's not enough to tell everyone to leave her alone," Crosshairs argues.
"This is fragged up, Autobots avoid Lily, and soldiers think she's a good tool for revenge," I point out, frustrated, "I'm going to talk to Luke about letting Lily have at least a knife. I don't know about a gun, even with Ironhide teaching her how to use it."
The four of us go back and forth with ideas on protecting Lily, knowing we're limited. Agreeing giving Lily a knife might be ok, but not a gun yet.

Drift and I talk to the scientists about portable security. The two had to ask Hound to help.
"We took the invention Hound, and Jamie created and modified it to cover a smaller area," Que explains.
"Would have been nice to know about that invention Drift," Wheeljack adds.
"Like I knew that would be possible," Drift argues, "not a word to Lily. We will not tell her, but because of a few soldiers' behavior, we will use this."
"That bad?" Wheeljack asks, disgusted.
I walk out of the lab, tired of talking about this.

Lily's P.O.V.
Sideswipe is getting annoyed that he's losing a racing game to me. I wish I had my license and we could race around a race track.
"Ok, I'm done," Sideswipe sulks as our friends enter the room. They all laugh as they sit with us. I sit on Sunstreaker's lap. He hugs me as I lean on him.
"So, are we going camping this weekend?" Sunstreaker asks.
"No," I reply.
"I will not get hurt. No one will attack us."
"I'll be there as security," Mirage points out.
"When did you get here?" Crosshairs asks, "spying again?"
"I saw what happened this morning, so yes."
Yet I didn't see Mirage around. He's an excellent spy.
"I will not lie about things needing to be worked on," Drift says, taking my hands, "there's a lot to work on, and things might only be a little better before you leave for summer camp, but we will keep helping you two. Lennox is disgusted with how the soldiers are acting. I don't want you to avoid doing anything out of the base with Sunstreaker. That's not good."
I know Drift doesn't want to force me to go on the camping trip, but he doesn't like how worried I am that Sunstreaker will be a target. I worry I will be as well, but while we're asleep is a perfect time to kill him.
"We'll be safe," Sunstreaker assures me.
All I can think of is watching Sunstreaker get shot and go down, waiting hours to find out if he died from the gunshot. 

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
It's scary watching Lily become frightened that she passes out. Sunstreaker lays her on the couch. I don't feel any better seeing Crosshairs and Drift don't think Lily needs medical attention as she wakes up. Unlike Sunstreaker, she's out of it.
"You're ok. We'll be fine," Sunstreaker assures her.
The conversation is dropped, and Sunstreaker takes Lily to her room.
Drift sighs in frustration, "I don't know what to do. She's terrified the soldiers see a perfect opportunity for revenge."
"Tell her about the security and only use it for this weekend?" Mirage asks, "hopefully."
Drift goes to talk to Rung.

Sunstreaker lies on the bed with Lily's head on his chest. He holds her hand and rubs her back. I can feel he's uncertain about what to do.
She's fragging terrified to do anything with me out of the base. Even with friends and Mirage saying he'll be security. Sunstreaker complains through the bond.
I sit on the other bed, uncertain of what to say.
Letting Lily be afraid isn't good, but neither is forcing her to go on this camping trip.
It's a quiet hour until we hear Lily's stomach.

"Well?" I ask Drift as Sunstreaker and Lily go into the cafeteria.
"It's a weekend trip, leaving tomorrow afternoon and back Monday. She won't know if the system is active or not. We'll use it Friday night but deactivate Saturday," Drift explains, "she might still panic, but I think the six of us can help her."
I know Lennox, Optimus, and Rung hate how terrified Lily is. The conversation will cease for today, but Sunstreaker can talk to Lily about the trip. I'm surprised at how calm he's been. How much he hates how terrified Lily is. As much as I like seeing Sunstreaker show his unhappiness, this scrap better stop soon. I'd rather see him happy with the one he loves.