Ch. 25 Anger

Lily's P.O.V.
Sunstreaker is happy to be teaching me how to improve my art. I can't draw great pieces, never mind painting large canvases as he has around his art room. I don't know why one is covered. Unless it's not finished? Seems strange to keep an unfinished piece covered.
Two hours fly by before we're interrupted by Drift's text.
"Come on, time to get lunch."
We've only gotten the outline done, even though it's a small canvas.

Even after this morning, I'm surprised Sunstreaker kept his distance as we walk down the hall. Sure enough, Ironhide is with Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning. Watching Sunstreaker as we walk down the hall. I know Ironhide is worried Sunstreaker will hurt me, but this is ridiculous. I'm just going to cause an argument if I defend Sunstreaker. Ironhide already avoids me; I shouldn't add that he hates me.
I have to wait until Ironhide is away from us to ask Sunstreaker if we can continue our piece. I didn't think he'd smile, happy I want to do something with him. I am worried that my happiness in wanting to do this will become anxiety again. How long before Sunstreaker tires of this?

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I know Crosshairs and Drift are happy about this potentially small step. Lightning is more worried I'll hurt Lily but says nothing. I don't know what to do or say to convince Lightning that I won't hurt Lily. She'd probably call my love confession a lie. I hope Crosshairs and Drift will talk to her and the others. I'm not sure if Optimus has yet.
"We'll meet in the hangar at four," Drift tells Lily and me before we leave the cafeteria. Lily takes my hand as we walk out.

Lily's P.O.V.
I thought we were in the clear and Ironhide would not be around.
"I thought I told you to stay away from her?!" He tells as he pulls me away from Sunstreaker.
I can feel anger rising from Sunstreaker.
"Oh, just like you?!" I ask, "all because I wanted to befriend him? Did you fucking celebrate how he terrified me?!"
"Lily—," Sunstreaker tries to jump in.
"And even after that, you all avoid me! Fuck off, Ironhide!"
Ironhide walks away as tears roll down my face. Sunstreaker takes me to his art room.
"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Sunstreaker asks me as he hugs me.
"Was I supposed to think it's nothing that the others avoid me? Lightning isn't sure about this plan. Really, the only friends I have are Crosshairs, Drift, Sideswipe, and you."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I can't be happy she mentioned me while talking about how most avoid her.
"Let me call Optimus —."
"So he can yell at us?! No!"
She's lost her trust in everyone, even Prime, scrap.
While Lily is in the bathroom, I text Prime about what Lily told me, including her lack of trust in him, hoping we can deal with this.
O.P.: this is troubling. I'll see what I can do. I'm sorry, I can't guarantee any changes.
Sunstreaker: I'm sorry I had to tell you all this.
O.P.: you had to. It's bad that Lily thinks any of us don't like how she'll be friends with you.

"I don't want to do any painting," Lily tells me while looking at the floor.
I make her look at me. Her eyes are puffy and red.
"It's ok, come on. Let's go to your room."

Lily is asleep quickly once we're lying on her bed.
"I love you, but I don't know when is the right time to tell you," I whisper and kiss her forehead.
What's the point of telling her if most Autobots and humans here will avoid us?

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
"You can't be serious?!" Ironhide asks, pissed.
A few others agree with him.
"And you can't be serious," Crosshairs challenges, "you know how hard it is for Sunstreaker to befriend anyone, whether Cybertronian or human. You know how he'd normally accept going back to Cybertron, but he's trying to befriend Lily."
Several Autobots agree with Crosshairs, but some still agree with Ironhide that this is a serious mistake.
"You all know I must consider the negative effects of anything we do in battle. The same applies to decisions that'll affect us while on Earth," I explain, "as Crosshairs said, Sunstreaker is trying to befriend Lily. You're all hurting her by thinking you need to avoid her. She lost trust in everyone but Crosshairs, Drift, and the twins. We need to fix this."

Lily is asleep when I go to her room. Sunstreaker has been sitting at the desk, troubled by the lack of trust Lily has.
"I'm leaving," Sunstreaker tells me, "what good is being her friend when everyone else is going to avoid her?"
"Trust me when I say you should stay. We'll work on this."
"No, I-I can't just be friends with her. I love her, but no one's going to accept that."
I don't want this getting out yet, but how else will I get Optimus to let me leave?
"You'd rather leave them than follow through?"
"I don't know if Lily will ever feel the same. Even if she will, the others will not like it. What if they stop avoiding her, and then the secret gets out? I know we can't keep it a secret —."
"You're thinking too far ahead. You'll know the right time to tell Lily how you feel, and if you two end up dating, we'll deal with anyone disagreeing. For now, we will work on everyone not avoiding Lily. I want you to continue what you've been doing."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Optimus leaves the room.
I'm terrified I'm ruining Lily's chances of befriending Autobots and soldiers because I love her.
Sunstreaker, what's wrong? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
I give up, Sideswipe. I love Lily, but trying to be her friend ruins everything for her.
"I'm sorry, Lily."
I leave, go to my room and lie on my bed. Looking at a picture Sideswipe sent of Lily a few days ago, I let myself cry.