Ch. 64 One Last Discussion

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I didn't think Lexie and Mason would come to the base now. Lily is afraid to see her family waiting for her. Likely thinking her parents are here to take her home. Lily runs up to me and hugs me with a tight grip. It's bad Drift has to help me lift Lily, but even with pain relief, this hurts. We go into the conference room with Lily's family. Crosshairs and Sideswipe choose to wait in the hallway.

With Lily sitting on me, the three of us hear what Lily's family has to say. They didn't tell me anything beforehand, but I don't think it's bad. 
They tell us they didn't think about when Lily goes back to school. The only thing they decided to that Lily can't have a room here yet. Luke will have his room back when Lily goes to summer camp.
"Let her come here on the weekends," Luke insists, "and I'll talk to Bee about the temporary room change being routine during school vacations."
"The challenge is you're only twelve, Lily," Mason adds, "I can't say if rules would be different if you were sixteen. Maybe rules will change sooner."
Drift takes Lily out of the room.
"You want to ask something without her?" Lexie asks.
"Lily is uncertain if I should go to your home, but am I allowed, or if this is to be a secret?"
"No, you two know the rules. There's no law saying you two can't be friends," Lexie explains.
So now  I'm waiting for Lily to want me to go to her home. I get reminded about not fragging Lily until she's sixteen, even if we think it can be a secret.

Lily immediately hugs me.
"Don't even think about it!" Ratchet yells, "you realize there are limits after an injury or surgery for a reason?!"
Scrap, now the Jones family will freak out hearing what happened last weekend. None of us thought Lily would run off.
"You three talk," Drift says as he and Crosshairs get me away from the area.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
"Have you been keeping secret that the scumbag hurt my daughter?!" Mason rages.
"No, there was a situation when Lily and Sunstreaker went camping last weekend. He was shot protecting her. I've noticed as a way to be intimate, Sunstreaker would lift Lily to hug her. With the location of the injury and the surgery I had to do, Sunstreaker shouldn't be lifting her," I explain, "it's been taken care of."
I think I ruined everything for Lily and Sunstreaker, looking at Luke, Lexie, and Mason's faces. I see why Crosshairs and Drift took Sunstreaker away from here.
"He'll do all he can to protect her," Luke argues without asking what happened that Sunstreaker needed surgery. I'm not sure if he knows.

Lily's P.O.V.
I run down the hall, not sure where to go. I don't want to go home, but I am afraid Sunstreaker will tell me something bad if I see him. I bump into someone and fall onto the floor. 
"What happened?" They ask.
I realize I bumped into Optimus, and Ironhide is with him, great.
"Nothing," I lie. I try to leave, but Ironhide grabs me, "let go of me!"
"Let me take her to my office," Optimus insists.

I sit on the chair in front of the desk, watching Optimus on his phone for a few minutes.
"Why are you running in the base? Doesn't appear to be playful either."
"My family now found out what happened last weekend. They'll think I'm unsafe with Sunstreaker and rage at him."
Saying this, I realize Optimus will want to talk with my family now. I can't relax seeing the door open. Crosshairs, Drift, and Sunstreaker walk in. Seconds pass before my family and Ratchet walk in.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Scrap, this isn't good. Lily wants to run up to me but is afraid she'll be pulled away. Again, our nice time together is ruined. This isn't good for Lily. After what her family discovered, are they now deciding she's going home today?
I phase out, and the next thing I know, I'm on the floor with Lily. She leans on me, listening to my sparkbeat. I hear voices but not the words they're saying.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
"Is he ok?" Lexie asks, looking at Sunstreaker.
"He will be... hopefully. We've discovered that he has severe anxiety and gets like this. He's passed out twice, and yes, Lily has seen that and panics that something more serious is wrong with him," I explain, "only with this situation which call me crazy, but I believe this shows how much they love each other."
"I assure you we'll do everything to keep Lily safe. Sunstreaker already proved that," Optimus adds. 
"Look, I still worry considering Sunstreaker's history, but I know the Autobots will keep Lily safe, and I've seen how hard Sunstreaker is trying to protect her," Luke argues, "and I say let them be together."
"We might not have thought Lily would be in love at twelve years old, and no parent thinks their child will be in love with an alien, but she's happy," Lexie comments, looking at her husband, "you know I'm worried about her, but wouldn't we be if Lily was dating a human and maybe even closer to her age?"
"You're right; I'd still be worried."
"Bring them to the lounge room," I instruct Crosshairs, Drift, and Sideswipe, "we'll talk to him in a few minutes."
Lily refuses to move, thinking I told them to take Sunstreaker to the medbay, and she's going with Sideswipe. I didn't think Sideswipe would carry her out of the room. At least she's not screaming to be put down.
"And that's how she reacts every time. Though she doesn't have to be carried away," I point out.

Lily's P.O.V.
"You're such a pain," Sideswipe jokes, putting me down.
Sunstreaker is lying on the sectional, and Drift is trying to get him to drink water. The look on Sunstreaker's face... it's like he's not there. I lay on Sunstreaker's chest, worried I'll hear a slower heartbeat.
"Come on," Drift whispers.
I feel a blanket being put on me before I hear doors close and fall asleep.

"Lily?" I hear Sunstreaker, "come on, I'm hungry," I look at him and smile. Sunstreaker kisses me but hisses in pain as I move, "damn it, I hate not being able to ignore this."
It's strange seeing Sunstreaker show pain. He stands up, trying to get used to the pain. I realize a blanket isn't around me, but Crosshairs' trench coat. Once the pain is ignorable, Sunstreaker smirks, plotting a joke.
I smile, seeing for once he wants to joke.

We find our friends and my family talking in the hallway. I know it's not good that I'm worried about why my parents are still here.
"Hey, you know she's mine?" Sunstreaker asks, "give your stuff to another femme," I give Crosshairs back his trench coat.
"That's too big for her," Luke adds to the joke.
"This must be Sideswipe wearing a wig," Crosshairs jokes since Sunstreaker is joking.
"Really?" Sunstreaker smiles and puts Crosshairs in a headlock to give him a noogie. 
"Owe, yes, Sideswipe would do this. Ok, stop!"
Crosshairs fixes his hair as we laugh.
"You see why I'm not worried?" Luke asks, "I think this is more like we're part of a big family."
"You know we'll never stop worrying, Lily, but we will not keep you two apart once school starts again," Dad tells me, "I just don't know about having a room here yet."
I hug Sunstreaker, hoping shit stops happening. Forgetting he has taken no pain relief yet. I can see in his eyes it's hard to ignore the pain.
"Drift, help me?" Sunstreaker asks.
"Oh, no, young man! You're recovering from surgery and an injury! Listen to what Ratchet told you!" Mom scolds.
"You're part of the family now, so get used to it," Dad comments, and we all laugh.
"At least she called you young," I joke.
"Hey! Even in Cybertronian years, I'm much younger than Ironhide, Ratchet, and Optimus," Sunstreaker argues.
Lightning comes by in time for Mom to want a picture of everyone, and Crosshairs insists Lightning get in the picture. Then Ratchet comes by, allowing the opportunity for a picture with my parents and brother in it.
"Everything is fine," Sunstreaker whispers as everyone enters the cafeteria.
"For how long?" I ask, hating how this is how shit goes.
"Forever," Sunstreaker smiles and kisses me.