Ch. 71 Still not Great

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
How likely will everybody say I'm being controlling while trying to make sure Lily doesn't forget about her friend? Hard not to think reminding Lily to text her friend will look controlling to others. Lily fell asleep from crying. While waiting for her to wake up, I called Ratchet, who put me on speaker to talk to him and Rung.
"It's not like you're going to demand she text or call her friend every hour," Rung points out, "once a day should be fine."
Ratchet worries about my anxiety and passing out even after Lily's parents talked to us, but gives me the ok to take Lily out in the city. I know Lily would love having Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning join us.

Lily is awake in time for lunch. Sideswipe and our friends wait for us by the cafeteria. I figured Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning would know what happened this morning.
"Are you ok?" Drift asks as the others go into the cafeteria.
I sigh, "no, I should be, but Lily hasn't contacted her friend in weeks. I can't ignore that. Then when that's dealt with, what else will be thrown at us?!"
"It's not wise to think like that, but you know we'll do our best to help."
I worry he's neglecting Jamie. Oddly, he hasn't returned to her dimension yet, even if it's been nine weeks. From what I've heard, this is not like Drift. I'm certain Crosshairs would question why they haven't returned yet or brought her here.

Lily isn't happy to talk about plans for our last twelve days together. Even if I hope to keep her busy, I want to make sure she'll at least contact her friend before trying to argue with her parents about letting us stay in contact.
We will spend a few of these twelve days with Sideswipe and our friends. Sideswipe wants to play video games with Lily. We decide we'll go out for dinner, and to the park at five. I want Lily to call her friend before we leave. Three hours playing video games should be enough.

Lily's P.O.V.
I'm hoping Sunstreaker is done dealing with anxiety. It's scary seeing him pass out. This reminds me, I need to make sure Sunstreaker has his pain relief with him. It's only been two weeks since the attack.
I still worry we only have until the end of the month. Then I'll never be allowed back at the base. Twelve days are going to fly by.

I try to act like it's another day here and nothing is happening at the end of the month, but it's impossible. Sideswipe managed to get a few wins with the racing game we like to play. Two hours still fly by. I doubt I'll be on the phone for an hour, but Sunstreaker and I go to my room at three.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
While Lily is in the shower, I call Lexie. I still can't believe she gave me her number. Hoping there's good news I can tell Lily. I don't want her to ignore her friend, but Lily doesn't want to have to ignore me for weeks. I also know this isn't easy for her parents, even if they sounded like they figured everything out this morning.
"I'm just worried she'll ignore her friend," Lexie tells me, "and if you are, I know you'll make sure Lily contacts her friend."
"I'm hoping to get her into a routine before she leaves, even though I don't know if her friend will be at her house."
"And what about you?"
"I'm waiting for Lily to be ok with me coming over, but I think I'll expect to hear she's not neglecting her friend first. Hopefully, I'll get her into the routine of calling her friend before she leaves, and we can stay in contact."
Lexie agrees with this, and we end the call.
Is Lily ok? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
No, but she should be after I talk to her. I talked to Lexie, but I didn't argue about our time apart. I don't like how Lily forgot her friend.
Oh? Sideswipe asks.
I know he's still amazed at how much I'm trying to make this work.
Are you ok to go out? He worries.
I think so. We know Lily's parents are ok with our relationship. I think I can get Lily to contact her friend daily before she leaves.
I know Sideswipe will worry until I go a few months without passing out.

Lily is on the phone for an hour, smiling as she talks to her friend, who doesn't ask where she has been. Sideswipe and our friends are happy this is why we're going to be late.
I'm happy to tell her what her mom told me. Hoping this will help both of us. Though Lily isn't pleased, I'm giving her requirements before I call her.
"Seriously?" Lily sulks.
"Yes, and when you're ready, maybe I can meet your friend and go to your house."
I'm concerned she was hoping I'd demand her parents drop their rules and this plan. She should know she wouldn't be allowed here if I was possessive.

The others are waiting for us at the restaurant.
I never considered my behavior while at places like this with Lily. This is the second time we're at a restaurant together. Could it be as simple as no kissing on the lips? I know I'd be considered Lily's brother or dad, but better than the alternative. Lily is afraid we'll get caught while out in public. I didn't think I'd have to talk to her about this.

"Well?" Drift asks as we wait for the others to get their ice cream.
"I said more issues would arise. I don't know why since we've been out of the base a few times, but Lily is afraid to be out with me."
"I'm not sure if that's unusual or not. The only way to tell is if she refuses to leave the base with you."
I hope this isn't another problem. I'm so tired of dealing with scrap. I want to be with Lily forever.