Ch. 26 Things Are Getting Better

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
Sunstreaker is asleep when I walk into our room. He'll only sleep in the middle of the day when he's sick, and he's rarely sick.
"Sunstreaker, it's time to go," I whisper.
"You go, I'm hurting her by trying to befriend her," he mumbles.
"You have to trust Optimus is dealing with this. Lily is wondering where you are, and you're hurting her by avoiding her."
"I don't know what to do. I love her, but most Autobots hate how Lily wants to be my friend, and if she's falling for me again..."
"Trust Optimus. You know he'd tell you no, if he didn't think you should be together with Lily," I hug Sunstreaker the second he sits up, "go take a shower. I'll tell them to wait."

Crosshairs already took Lily to the lounge room. This is a good time to talk to Drift — leaving out Sunstreaker's feelings for Lily. Though I'm not sure if he can do anything.

Our plan has changed a little. Lily says she's getting hungry. We go to get dinner first. I feel Sunstreaker's uncertainty, and I fear Lily can tell something is troubling Sunstreaker. Lily remembered her tablet and tries to get Sunstreaker to draw with her even though she only has one pen for the tablet.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I don't know what to do. No matter what, I'll be hurting Lily. I give in and do a little drawing with Lily, and it's harder to draw something that's not a mess while using our fingers.
Ironhide: I'm sorry, I just worry about humans being near you, but Crosshairs, Drift, Sideswipe, and Optimus are right. Many of us will have to get used to it. Especially if Lily falls for you again.
How random, but I know even if Optimus talked to Ironhide, he will keep my feelings for Lily a secret until Lily, and I are ready. I don't know if Lily is falling for me again or not.

After dinner, Lily asks to go get ice cream before going bowling. One day this could be a date without my brother or friends.
"Can I bet how long before you two go on dates?" Sideswipe whispers.
"No, she's finally thinking we can be friends."
"Hmm, so by the end of June," Sideswipe smiles.
"Seriously?" I ask, annoyed, "what did I just say?!"
"Come on, this is the femme who was obsessed with you. I don't think she's terrified."
"She is dealing with anxiety attacks. That's not good, Sideswipe."

The hour of bowling flew by quickly. Lily is tired and lets me carry her to my alt mode.
"We should watch a movie when we return," she yawns.
"You're going to bed."
"Party pooper," she smiles.

"Awe, cute," Sideswipe smiles and takes a picture of me carrying Lily, who's asleep.
He asks if I'm sleeping with Lily, even if it's not the same bed.
"No, I don't think she's ready for that yet," I tell him before taking Lily to her room.

"I love you, Lily. I hope you'll be like when you first met me."
I kiss her goodnight and leave.

I can't believe tomorrow is Sunday, and Lily is returning to school. My hours with Lily have been cut by a lot, and I don't think we're at the point where Lily will choose to return after her summer camp. The only reason she's still living here is that Ratchet still wants to monitor her and because of the nightmares.
Sunstreaker: uh, Drift, you know tomorrow is Sunday, and Lily is returning to school next week?
Drift: I know there shouldn't be much to change aside from seeing if she'll let you stay in her room while she's doing homework. We're not ready for sleepovers yet. You know what I mean?
Sunstreaker: yes
I sit on my bed, worried everything will fall apart, and Lily is still in danger. No way we dealt with all the humans in that anti-transformers group.

Lily is leaving for summer camp tomorrow. I didn't think she'd want to go to the lake with me.
"I'm kinda regretting going to summer camp," she tells me as we watch the sunset, "because that's a month away from you. I'll not be allowed to have my cell phone during camp.
"I love you, and I'll be waiting for you here," I assure her, kissing her, "how about a little fun? We weren't told no skinny dipping."
Gosh, I love her body. She needs to build muscle and gain weight but is fragging sexy. Wish I could frag her without getting in trouble.

I wake up staring at the ceiling. It was only a dream. Will that be a reality? How long will I have to wait? Even if my dream is about the night before Lily left for camp, I want the fact we're together in the dream to be reality. It's interesting. I dreamt we'd have rules though it's likely accurate since Lily is only twelve. Except my dream was more about ignoring, we were told no skinny dipping. Something tells me that'll be a rule.
The task for today is to show Lily we can be friends. All I can do is hope I get the Lily who was obsessed with me back.

Lily's P.O.V.
I've been up working on the Sunstreaker sketch I've kept hidden. I just don't know when I'll show him.
"So, did the past three days change your mind?" Sideswipe asks.
"No, it's not just because of him, Sideswipe, but I haven't seen my only friend at school. I know I can't have her come here, and I don't want to wait until summer camp, and I'm not sure if she's going to summer camp."
With that, Sideswipe leaves the room. I forgot the sketch was on my lap until I get up to get clothes. No doubt Sideswipe saw this, but I'm still hiding it.

"Hey, Lily!" Ironhide calls as I walk down the hall.
"Fuck off! It's too early!"
And I'm still pissed at him, and I don't care if this will affect getting into N.E.S.T., even if it's six years from now. 
Ironhide catches up to me, grabbing my wrist, "stubborn just like him. I want to apologize for raging at him. You know, it's hard to think he's trying to be nice. After a talk with Prime, I and the others will try to do better."
"Uh-huh, sure."
Ironhide lets me walk away.

Crosshairs, Drift, and the twins are waiting for me by the cafeteria, and I suspect they discussed today's plan. What worries me is Sunstreaker thinks this is the last day we have to build a friendship. With every other Autobot and every soldier avoiding me, I don't know if going further with our relationship is a good idea. Besides, I don't think my parents will let me.
"You're distracted by something," Drift observes as the others enter the cafeteria.
"I could say two things, but I know you won't tell me about Jamie —."
"Yet, considering what we're working on and Jamie is complicated. Now, what's the other problem?" I'm embarrassed to tell Drift anything, which gave Drift the answer, considering he's smiling, "so you like Sunstreaker again?"
"What does it matter? I know I should consider myself lucky he wants to be my friend, but that'll be it. Plus, no way my parents would let me date an alien."
"Talk to him."
With that, Drift suggests we get breakfast before the others question what's going on.
I can't tell Sunstreaker how I feel.