Ch. 45 Strict Rest

Lily's P.O.V.
After how the past two days have been, Ratchet is strict about me resting. I have a test to study for, anyway. Ratchet also insists that Sunstreaker rest and not just by sitting next to me.
"Just be happy I'm not telling you to rest in your room," he argues.
"Isn't Lily  well enough to go to her room?"
"My honest answer is I'm more worried about you. Though how worried she's been isn't helping her recovery, right Lily?"
Crud, he knows I have a migraine. Neither mech is pleased I was trying to ignore this.
As long as he doesn't know about my female issue and mentions it, I won't argue. Also, it's getting harder to deal with this migraine.
"Do I have to make you take pain relief?" Sunstreaker asks once Ratchet leaves the room to get the medicine, "it's obvious the migraine is getting to you. It's not like you're ruining any plans."
After I take pain relief, Sunstreaker makes sure I'm comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I wake up to the smell of food.
"I got our lunch, but oh boy, you should have heard Ratchet lecture me to come back," that's funny but also concerning, "I'm ok," Sunstreaker tries to assure me.
"You passed out twice, and the second time landed you in the medbay. You're not ok."
I didn't think I'd start tearing up. Sunstreaker hugs me as I cry.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I can't believe how much I terrified her, even if it was out of my control. I move the blanket to move Lily onto my lap while sitting on the chair. I can't tell her the reason I passed out.
"Lily, he's ok," Ratchet assures her, "I just want to monitor him."
Though I know he's worried about how I got anxious enough to pass out twice in twenty-four hours.

Once Lily is calm, we eat our lunch. Lily smiles, finding the Panera Bread cookie in the McDonald's bag. 
Drift: it's odd without you two :)
Sunstreaker: we're both stuck in the medbay, and Lily does not like that Ratchet wants me here as s patient. I think just for today. My anxiety traumatized her.
Drift: she loves you and is worried about losing you. I know that feeling. Er.. uh, I mean with Jamie.
Sunstreaker: :)) I know.

Lily laughs, reading Drift's texts. I can't believe I have friends who care and a girlfriend.
Did you leave the medbay to kill? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
Still? Geez, I can't be happy for any other reason. Don't you know the difference by now?
No, and I hope I don't need to figure it out.
I know he's hoping this means I will never kill a human, but I will to protect Lily.
"How about after your test, we go on a camping trip?" I ask.
I realize it's probably too soon after she was told my history to ask her out alone, even for a weekend, even though she saw me kill already.
"Yeah," Lily smiles.
I worry this is temporary happiness.  I wish Ratchet could figure out how much the nanobots are influencing Lily.
Scrap, if they're getting her to ignore how I kill humans. Should I think this is all temporary?

Ratchet's P.O.V.
It's hard to believe Sunstreaker has been dealing with anxiety resulting in passing out. It's not a problem with dealing with stress; otherwise, he wouldn't be able to handle fighting in the war. I believe this is all the centuries of not being loved like everyone else. He only has his brother. Now he's in love, and the femme loves him, but keeping his past secret isn't possible. What concerns me now is if he will struggle with high-stress level while trying to protect Lily from seeing him kill humans. It's not something I can give him medications for.

Lily and Sunstreaker are asleep when I walk into the room. Lily was studying for her test. Wonder if Sunstreaker made her take a nap.
"This is strange," Jolt smiles.
"We're so used to his attitude that we didn't think he'd fall in love or be nice to anyone."
"So, what about his unusually high-stress level?"
"I don't think we can do anything but wait. Which concerns."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
After talking to Ratchet about his concern, I watch Lily sleep, uncertain of what I will do. I don't want to terrify her. Of course, this can't be easy. That's only for Sideswipe.
To add to my problems, Luke wants to talk to me.

"I heard what's been going on," he starts, "and how terrified Lily was, and she's terrified that Ratchet has you here as a patient."
"I swear I'm not trying to terrify her; I—."
"I heard that too. I know this is a big change for you, even if you'll only be nice to Lily but still kill humans. That's what's hard about this, but she loves you."
That's an odd reason to let someone near a psychopath killer.
"I'm worried the damn nanobots are doing all the work, and once they deactivate, that's it. Ratchet can't even figure out how much the nanobots influence Lily."
Even saying everything could fall apart hurts.
"I don't know the limits of the nanobots to have any idea, sorry."
Luke goes to talk to Ratchet while I return to Lily's room.

Lily is up at three, wishing we could leave the medbay, but Ratchet is strict today. I'm only allowed to leave to get food while she's staying in bed, minus going to the bathroom.
"I'll see if the others want to have a game night," I tell her, "I think you're still in that strict rest period and can't watch T.V."
"Ugh, so bored!" Lily complains.
I can't help but laugh.

I ask Mirage if he can help me with a dinner date again this Friday. Hoping Ratchet will let me take Lily to the hangar. I think he will be strict about Lily resting for a few days. While I want her to rest and recover, I want to spend time with her out of the medbay.