Ch. 21 Health Exam

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
"Are you going to sit here for another hour?" Ratchet asks.
"Yes," I reply without looking at him.
"You know I can't tell you what I find? Sideswipe can if he wants. More like after you beat him for the answer."
On cue, Drift is texting to meet him by the cafeteria.

Crosshairs and Drift stand by the cafeteria. They tell me they're waiting for Sideswipe and Lily. They know about Lily tiring quickly, but she wants to come down to the cafeteria. What if she thinks I won't be here?
"Get back here!" We hear Sideswipe yell and Lily running down the hall - right into me.
I catch her before she falls to the floor. She looks right at me, but her smile doesn't fade.
I don't know what to think, knowing the nanobots are likely making her happy.
How am I to thank you, Fred, when the nanobots influence Lily's happiness?
"I'm never playing tag with her again!" Sideswipe complains.
"That's what that was?" Crosshairs asks.
"How else was I going to get his ass down here?" Lily argues.
So, is she distracted and will panic soon? Or does it take a good dream about what the two of us could have for her to be happy? I know she feels confused after those dreams.
Before that happens, I let go of her wrists and enter the cafeteria.

Lily is fine during lunch, though she's not talking. At least she's relaxed. I worry she'll panic about Ratchet doing a health check considering how quickly she got tired this morning.
"Come on, you know only Sideswipe can go with her," Drift reminds me, insisting we wait in the lounge room.
I hate having to only think maybe I'll be Lily's guardian one day. It could be months, if it's even possible.

Lily's P.O.V.
"You wait out here, Sideswipe," Ratchet says as Jasmine takes me to an exam room.
Jasmine does the typical vitals check before leaving the room. I think Ratchet was waiting by the door, considering how he walks in as Jasmine leaves. I don't know why seeing Ratchet today feels terrifying.
"It's likely, not serious, Lily," Ratchet assures me before listening to my heart and lungs.
He tests my eyes the way the eye doctor would and how well I can see in the dark, which is weird. Then Jasmine walks in.
"Yes, I want a blood sample," Ratchet whispers, but I hear him as if he's not whispering. Ratchet asks if I heard him and tells me it's a good thing before leaving the room.
"You remember Ratchet saying as a hybrid you'll have heightened senses," Jasmine explains, "now I could get Audrey, and we can test your smell."
"I'm not fine. I tired quickly this morning," I tell her, "enough to need a nap just from eating breakfast."
"It's a complicated situation," Jasmine sighs, "but I don't think it's bad either. I was healing from injuries while becoming a hybrid. Maybe half the reason I was tired is that my body was adapting to the Energon. I'm fine now, working in the medbay and caring for Audrey, who is now crawling. She thinks it's funny trying to crawl away from me."
For now, it's looking like I'm fully a hybrid. Ratchet isn't sure why I tired quickly this morning but doesn't believe it's a concern unless this happens for several days.

Sideswipe isn't sure about this answer and argues that Ratchet should do more tests. Ratchet believes the blood test should give answers if anything else is going on with me. I'm allowed to leave the medbay while Ratchet analyses my blood.

We find the others in the lounge room. It's hard to believe Sunstreaker looks concerned. Everyone doubts Ratchet's lack of testing but trusts he knows what he's doing. I know I should expect to have more tests done soon. For now, we watch a little T.V.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I don't like this feeling that Fred's plan isn't going as he expected, and Lily is dying, even if she isn't feeling weak.
Are you ok? Sideswipe asks.
If that medic is hiding that she's dying!
You know he can't do that. Plus, I suspect he'd be doing more tests if he suspects anything. He'd know how to tell Lily he wants to do more tests without frightening her.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
Aside from the nanobots, I'm not finding anything concerning, but Jasmine and Jolt insist I do an electrocardiogram to be sure this transformation isn't affecting Lily's heart.
Which could be why she's excited.
I knew Sideswipe, Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning would be worried hearing I want to do o an electrocardiogram, but I didn't think Sunstreaker would be concerned.

"It's ok; I just want to check on your heart," I explain.
Drift whispers something to Sunstreaker, who takes Lily's hands.
"It's ok; you know it's Ratchet's job to run tests even if everything seems ok. This is a more in-depth test."
Sunstreaker didn't think Lily would hug him. He carries her to the medbay, which even Drift didn't think would have happened.

"You'll be ok," Sunstreaker assures Lily as he sits her on the exam bed.
I know he'd rather not leave, but he leaves the room. Jasmine prepares Lily for the test, but we need her to calm down.
"I just want to check more in-depth. You're ok," I assure her.

As I thought, everything is ok. The Energon isn't causing damage to Lily's heart. I suspect she's dealing with mental exhaustion, making her tired. I think the reason will be resolved soon. Lily wouldn't say anything when I asked her. This likely means she still feels confused. What I don't like is how it's impossible to know if how Lily is feeling is on her own or if the nanobots are influencing her thoughts. We could have issues once the nanobots die.
"Are you sure letting her go to school is a good idea?" Jolt asks.
"Yes, she'll be fine."