Ch. 74 Goodbye

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily woke up thirty minutes ago but doesn't want to get up. With the painkillers working, I let her lie on me. I don't want to force her to get up, but we can't stay like this.
"Come on; I know you're hungry."
Lily holds on to me as I get up.

Drift looks at me, concerned, as I walk towards the table. The others are not paying attention. Lily listens when I tell her to sit with the others. After I let Sideswipe know he needs to watch Lily and ensure she eats Drift and I go for a walk.

".... I worry she's going to end up depressed," I finish.
"You're right to make sure she'll contact her friend regularly and to worry. I'm unsure if it's all human femmes or if cybertronian femmes can be like this. Jamie is much different from Lily. All I can do is inform Lily's parents not to keep you two apart or forbid contact for months."
We're both worried about Lily being depressed before she leaves. It's going to be hard to deal with this.

Lily is eating with the others when we return.
Sideswipe is trying to make her laugh. Drift, and I get food from the griddle and join them.
Crosshairs and Lightning suggest going hiking. We know Sideswipe isn't going to like hiking. From what I've learned about Lily, she'll love hiking, but she's not interested now.
I see why you're worried. Sideswipe says through the bond.
I don't know what to do. I don't want our last ten days together to but like this.
We decide to go on a hike. I'm hoping to take some good pictures.

Lily's P.O.V.
I don't want to do anything new with Sunstreaker now. My family likes hiking. No doubt Sunstreaker goes hiking often, and now I'll think of him when my family goes hiking. I don't say anything during the short drive to the hiking trails.

"A mile? Ugh!" Sideswipe sulks.
"Lazy aft," Sunstreaker scolds, "and I thought training rookies would change that."
I laugh at what he says.
Sideswipe doesn't refuse to come through.

"I wonder if they're thinking Jamie will like this?" Sideswipe comments. Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning are a little ahead of us.
"No doubt they are. They finally can do things with her without fear of being attacked."
How strange; why would they finally be doing things like taking Jamie hiking or to the park by the base? It's been two years since N.E.S.T. relaunched. It seems strange she wouldn't live in the city or nearby like my family does. A mystery that I likely won't get answers to. How the hell is my family supportive then decide I'm to stay away from Sunstreaker and the Autobots? Are they telling Luke to leave N.E.S.T. as well?
"Stop worrying. This won't last long," Sunstreaker tries to assure me.

Whenever Sunstreaker takes a picture, I think it's a painting we'll never do together. I want to go back to the base, but what does it matter where we are? At this point, I don't know if I regret going to the base with Luke back in March.

We reach the end of the hike. Not the highest point of this mountain, but the view is amazing.
"Take a picture," I hear Sunstreaker say before he hugs & kisses me.
I don't know if somebot is taking a picture. I hope somebot is.
"Got it," Sideswipe says.
He shows Sunstreaker and me the picture and then texts it to us. It's as beautiful as the scenery and view. As beautiful as him. I can't believe in ten days; we'll be saying goodbye. I hope not forever.

Sunstreaker takes me to the island a quarter of a mile from the beach.
The island still looks untouched. We could say this is our island, but not anymore.
I didn't know Sunstreaker brought food. I hate not being able to enjoy this. Why new things now? I can only hide how I hate this. I think Sunstreaker knows but wants to make our last week together memorable.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Lily is already having a hard time knowing she's going home today. If she wore makeup, it would be ruined the second she put it on. Ten days flew by and weren't full of happiness, knowing today would come.
"Come here," I pull her into a hug and kiss her.
She hugs me, neither of us wanting to let go.
I hate seeing the tears once we end the kiss.
We hear a knock on the door. I shouldn't hate seeing Luke, but I know he's here to get Lily.
Being allowed to go with the two to the hangar isn't comforting.

Crosshairs, Drift, Lightning, and Sideswipe waiting for us, along with Lily and Luke's parents, adds to the pain that I'm saying goodbye to my femme.
Watching the family drive out of the hangar after the last hug hurts. Will I ever see her again? How long before I see her again? I don't know if I should move on. I know this won't mean finding another femme, but to think Lily won't come back.
Lightning hugs me. I hate how my friends and Sideswipe see me cry. I should have known this would happen. It's like no one, not even a human, can love me. My sire is right, but I hope Lily will be back soon.