9. Playboi

December 16, 2021

"Babe, where's the truck? I wanna go shopping." Jayde comes in the living room carrying her purse, wallet and Gucci shades and sits on the couch next to me, looking good as fuck.

"Oh, I sold it." I tell her, pausing Madden to give her a quick glance.

"When?" Jayde raises an eyebrow and pulls her phone from the purse sitting in her lap.

"The other day, iono." I shrug and turn back to the beating I'm laying on one of my teammates on the PS5.

I'm rocking with the Cardinals, playing as myself and he got the sorry ass Rams.

"The same day you went to the practice facility?"

"I guess, yeah." I nod without taking my eyes off the screen. I'm up 27-14, an easy $3000 when I win.

"If you're cheating, just say that. Do I look that stupid?"

My stomach drops. I put the controller down and look over at her to see the mug on her pretty ass face.

"Whatchu mean?"

"Obviously what I just said." She snaps and smooths out the yellow sundress painted on her slim body.

"Jayde, yo what the fuck you talkin' 'bout?!"

Jayde walks away and comes back to the kitchen with my phone in her hand.

Swear, I had it in my pocket so I'm shocked when she holds it up in the air and unlocks it.

"I do know your code, dumb ass. Who is she?"

"Yo, why you goin' thru my shit?" I try to snatch it from her but she steps back and pushes me away.

"Angelo, just tell me who she is. Please."

It's been so long since I heard my first name come from a females mouth, I almost forget she's talking to me.

"So you jus' gonna let me go thru your phone and sit there looking stupid, nothing to say? Wow. And you know what's crazy? I felt bad for fucking Demarco the other night but for what? You're a fucking cheater too!"

"You did what?!"

Fuck this game. I toss the controller to the side not that she got my attention and I'm ready to break her jaw.

I'm so mad, I could choke this bitch.

"What's wrong? Didn't see it coming? Yeah, well, I neither did I. You win." Jayde can't wipe the tears from her face before I can see them.

My stomach turns.

"You fucked my teammate?" I ask, still too stunned to believe it.

Jayde shrugs casually and I stand there two seconds from knocking her head off her shoulders.

"Yep, twice. And I'm gonna go do it again."

I grab her by the neck and slam her against the wall. When she gasps, I loosen my grip from around her throat.

"Stop fuckin' playin' with me, Jayde. So you fucked 'em, aight. But I didn't fuck Zayne."