41. Sahara

January 19, 2022

"Are you a model?" Melody asks and finishes dragging her Bratz dolls and a big Barbie house in front of where I'm sitting on the couch.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Nah, I'm not a model."

"You should be. You look like one of my Bratz." She picks one up I recognize as Sasha and tries to hand her to me. "Wanna play with me?"

I look around for Zayne or Playboi to come out the kitchen but don't see nobody in the house except me and Melody. So I grab the toy and take a seat on the hardwood floor next to her.

"I'll be Chloe since you're Sasha. Sasha is my favorite but you can have her 'cause I like you."

"How you like me and you don't know me?"

"'Cause you're pretty and you like girls and boys. And I like your tattoos a lot." She states mater of factly like the answer is obvious.

I smile at Melody's compliment as Playboi, Zayne and Cookie finally all come from the kitchen. When Zayne's eyes fall on me and the Bratz doll in my hand, she smirks and bites her lip.

"Not you in here playin' dolls, aww." She teases like I knew she would.

"I can go upstairs and bring down Yazmine for you too."

"No, chile. Angelo and Zayne 'bout to go and pick some stuff up for auntie. You keep Sahara company, yeah?" Cookie says and looks over at me like she knows I don't wanna be sittin' down with this lil' girl playin' no damn dolls.

Melody nods eagerly and says "Okay, I can do that. Wanna go to my room? I got a bunch of Barbies and Bratz up there but I'm only allowed to bring a few downstairs."

I hold my hand out for Playboi to help me up. When he does, I reach for my purse with every intention of makin' sure Zayne at least got my Glock since clearly imma be sittin' here with Melody for a lil' bit.

With my back facing Melody as I hand Zayne the gun, I can feel Cookie's eyes on me too but I'm too annoyed to pay her any attention.

"Hurry up and bring yo ass back." I tell her and then roll my eyes at the grin on Playboi's face.

After they leave and it's just me, Cookie and Melody, I sit back on the couch and wait for Melody to hand me Sasha again. When she does, Cookie takes her place in a wooden rocking chair not too far from us.

I don't even know how to play dolls. The last time I did, I was probably Melody's age and that time was so long ago, I can't even remember it. So I follow her lead as she acts out of whatever she got playing in her head.

Just before I can tell Cookie we don't need her supervising us and she can go back to the kitchen, the front door swings open and Roc comes in smelling like straight dank.

Right away, Melody rolls her eyes and looks over at me again.

"Wanna go to my room now? Daddy stinks real bad."

I laugh and when I do that, Roc glances at me with enough lust in his eyes to make me wanna put a bullet in his forehead.

"Yeah, we can go to yo room."