46. Zayne

January 24, 2022

"Ugh, your period knocked mine on." Sahara complains and pulls herself up on the counter next to me as I roll myself an early mornin' blunt.

"Good, means he didn't fuck around and get us pregnant."

"I guess so." She frowns but shrugs her shoulders anyway.

It's 6:02am and I ain't got a lick of sleep last night with Playboi in the hospital and neither did she. Sahara looks as tired as I feel wearin' one of Playboi's oversized t-shirts.

"What does Big Steppa look like on her period? You moody like me?"

"You definitely are moody." She laughs and shakes her head while runnin' a hand through her hair, gettin' the kinks out. "I'm not though and stop callin' me that. I cramp here and there but hmm, I get quiet I guess."

"So then you act just like you do any other day then?"

"Hell nah, if I fuck witchu I'll be clingy and shit. Love chocolate too." She smiles down at me and allows her smiley piercin' to taunt me.

"A lil clingy is good." I like clingy women to a certain extent. Too much reminds me of Rozay and how suffocatin' she was after a while.

"What 'bout a lot of clingy?"

"From you? I can't see it." I giggle and finish rollin' my blunt.

"You will." She laughs lightly and shakes her head again.

"Awww, you fuck wimme then." I tease knowin damn well Sahara fucks wimme. Her smile makes me grin 'cause she likes when I tease her just as much as I like when she does it to me.

"You're annoyin'." She rolls her eyes and bites her lip. "Papa called you yet? He went into surgery a while ago."

"I miss him too. Lemme call his phone and see if he answers."

The phone rings, rings, rings and then rings some more. I roll my eyes 'cause damn, I actually miss this nigga and the fact he got shot yesterday over some bullshit got me hot all over again just thinkin' about it.

Right as I go to end the unanswered call, the line connects and silence fills the room.

"Hey bae, you good?"

"Hey sweetie...it's Cookie." My stomach turns 'cause why is his mama answerin' his phone? "Is this Zayne or Sahara? The contact only says Honey Goddess."

"Zayne. What's goin' on? Where Playboi at?"

I can tell by the sadness in her voice that somethin' ain't right. I put the phone on speaker just as she starts talkin' again.

"He uh...Angelo had a pulmonary embolism about an hour ago...he's back in surgery now."

"Okay, what is that?" I ask as my nerves begin to unravel quickly.

"Doctors say he developed a blood clot in his lungs. It's serious but they're takin' good care of him."

I don't know what the fuck to say right now.

"Is he alive?" Sahara asks and takes the phone from my hands.

"Yes, he's stable last I heard. I'm just waitin' for now. You guys are welcome to come up here and wait with me...I'm sure we need to talk about a few other things too."

When the line gets quiet and neither one of us say nothin', Cookie starts again. I can't focus right now.

"I want to help with whatever y'all got goin' on however I can, Zayne. You're family now. Angelo would want you two here."