22. Playboi

PART TWO

January 1st, 2022

Watching the sun rise on the beach is something I can get used to.

It's almost 6am and I can't sleep. So I came to sit and watch the water move in the distance with Jayde heavy on my heart. She didn't deserve to die. That's what I keep telling myself.

As guilty as I feel, why do I feel so free? Like Sahara lifted a weight from my shoulders that I didn't know was weighing me down.

I've been to Panama before a couple of years ago. But that was a vacation. Being here this time is completely different.

Not only do I have one wanted female with me but I got two and I gotta make sure they're both straight from here on out. I might not know Sahara the way Zayne does but I'm looking forward to getting to know her, as crazy as she is.

"You can't sleep either?"

I pull my eyes away from the night sky and nod towards Zayne as she sits next to me smelling like an exotic wild flower.

"Nah. You?"

"Nope."

"Sahara sleep?" I ask as my eyes fall back towards the ocean.

"Yeah, she fell finally asleep at like 4am. You straight?"

"Yeah, I guess." I nod a few times.

"What's the matter, boo?" With Zayne's eyes on me, it's easy to tell her what's on my mind.

"Still tryna wrap my head around the way she shot Jayde like a dog..."

"Oh." Zayne bites the inside of her cheek and then looks out into the ocean.

"You trust her?" I ask, giving her my attention instead of the stars in the sky.

Zayne turns her head to look at me. When the tiny smile crosses her face and she runs a hand through her jet black hair, my stomach does a weird flop.

"Ion trust nobody, Angelo. And you shouldn't either."

"Yeah." I sigh, still looking at the woman of my dreams sitting right next to me.

"Aww, cheer up, boo. It's sad as fuck Jayde got shot the way she did but I mean, we're here now. Put one in the air for her and you know...move on. That's all you can do now."

"That what you did for Ari and Rosie for you to just move on?" I question as Ari's innocent baby face comes to mind.

"I'm workin' on takin' my own advice." She says sadly before avoiding eye contact with me. "Anyways, try and get some sleep. I wanna do somethin' today besides sleep all day."

I smile as she stands up and grimaces, holding her arm with a frown.

"Goodnight, Playboi."

"Night ma." I say and watch her walk off back towards the house.

When I'm alone again, the last five years play over in my head. A lot of things have changed since meeting Zayne in the club that night and now that she's back in my life, even more has changed.