18. Playboi

December 25th, 2021

"Wow, so she just left? She could've said she wasn't interested." Jayde grumbles when we get inside and dry off from the pool.

Damn.

I knew Jayde was gonna blow it for me. I don't know what she said in the house when I was making their drinks but it obviously made Zayne uncomfortable if she thought I would roofie her drink.

"Maybe we came on too strong." I say.

"You said she's bold, I thought she'd like that! I feel so stupid, ugh. I'm not even hungry anymore."

"Well I am." I shrug and take a seat at the table.

I ain't gon' lie, I'm a little shocked Zayne left. I thought for sure I was gonna have a good ass Christmas night fucking til the sun came up.

"Do you think it was me? She didn't like me, did she?"

I'm a little annoyed with Jayde. She hasn't stopped talking long enough for me to acknowledge the fact Zayne dipped on us.

"Angeloooo."

"I think she just wasn't feelin' it, shawty. Nothin' we can do about it now but eat this food and chill the rest of the night." I shrug nonchalantly, hoping we can move on to something else.

"Oh and the truck you 'sold'? How does she suddenly have it if you sold it, Angelo?"

I groan and put my hands over my head.

"Jayde, find somethin' else to do 'cause this ain't it."

"Ugh, whatever!"

After Jayde storms off, pouting with her arms crossed, I finally get a minute of silence.

I feel strung out over Zayne and it's starting to make me mad. I can't tell if she fucks with me or not but I know she wasn't feeling Jayde. That much is obvious.

I grab my phone and think about texting her but go against it. Instead, I make plans with one of the guys from the team to play a quick game of madden to blow off some steam.

Stressing about Jayde and Zayne can wait til later.

I'm just tryna chill tonight.

*****

December 27th, 2021

It's a little after 5pm when my phone rings on the coffee table, waking me up from a late nap.

I smile when I see Zayne's name on my screen.

"Yo?" I ain't used to Zayne calling me so I answer as soon as I see the call come through.

"Zayne told me to call you 'bout that trip outta here."

"Who dis?" I ask, sitting up with a frown.

"Sahara. Zayne got shot, I got the bleedin' to stop but she's so pale."

My stomach drops after hearing that. I knew Zayne was into some shit but she got shot?!