16. Zayne

December 27th, 2021

It's 2 in the mornin' and I'm tired as fuck.

I can't sleep for shit though. I done tried eatin', smokin' drankin', and even thought about hittin' Sahara up so I could do a line but I didn't 'cause I ain't in the mood for that kinda headache.

I reach in the ash tray by the nightstand and then get up to go outside on the balcony where I'm expectin' Lori to be waitin' for me again.

She don't show up though.

This time, it's just me, my demons and my own thoughts keepin' me company. I feel sick and woozy.

I light the blunt and stare down at the cars down below. My heart aches worse than my head.

I feel so empty and alone, but I ain't got no more tears to cry. So I sit in one of the balcony chairs and finish smokin' with my eyes on the stars in the sky.

I can't believe my life right now, I really can't. I just wanna be happy and leave everything in the past. But I know that shit ain't realistic at all.

After I finish smokin', I head inside and throw myself on the bed, reachin' for my phone off the nightstand.

I Google my name just to see what comes up to see if they're still looking' for a bitch. My stomach drops when I see my picture, a few of my mug shots and and my name in big bold letters in one article.

After skimmin' through it, I'm ready to throw the fuck up. They got everything wrong and so twisted, I'm past sick.

Accordin' to the news, not only did I kill a cop and his fiancé, but I killed Lori and three more people who died in the fire I set and fled the scene in a dark blue Tahoe and ain't been seen since.

I lock my screen and close my eyes.

"What the fuck I'm gon' do?" I cry to myself in the silence.

My heart skips a beat when my phone vibrates loudly next to me.

Saharaa👅🌊🤍
U up?

yea wassup

Saharaa👅🌊🤍
Not me needin u ta sleep 😅🤣

I crack a small smile and text her back.

lmfao dats cute or wateva .

Saharaa👅🌊🤍
Lmao yeah. Wyd?

im chillin rn . can't sleep 😩

Saharaa👅🌊🤍
It's like I can feel u pullin on me or sum...why u can't sleep?

I bite my lip and shake my head. I ain't heard that line before, I'll give her that one. It was cute enough to make me smile.

lol is dat right? how's dat? i can't never sleep

Saharaa👅🌊🤍
Mhm. Iono how to explain it to u but kno dat I can feel u pullin on me. Lemme come see u boo