𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

"Shit!" I jumped up to grab my lab coat that's sitting on a stack of research papers & sprung to the door feeling grubby & nauseous from the field rations i had last night only to see Norm laughing at the sight of me.

"Come on Violet! This is your big day!" as he raised his arms up while running like the dramatic but lovely person that he is. He pushes me into one of the labs to review on my first avatar body, which yes it IS a big deal for me but i cant knock the feeling of humans putting their conscious into an empty vessel thats twice your size.

That made me even more green around the gills just thinking about it. The thought of simply jumping from one body to another? I cant imagine what that marine was thinking years ago.

"Ah, good morning Ms Violet!" said Dr Patel the scientist in-charge of the neuro imaging scans.

I greeted the other scientist too & turned to see 2 new avatar bodies floating in a cylinder tube of clear blue liquid. "They're so... wait. A female?" A female avatar? thats certainly rare now considering they stopped making female clones after Dr Augustine's passing.

I've never seen a Na'vi clone up close before, all i did was watch tapes of the test subjects & did research studying on their anatomy compared to us humans.
I mean im only 18, im the youngest on this ship so i have much to learn than just research.

"Yes! They're still growing in this vessel, we need to incorporate human DNA for them to fully develop" said Dr Patel. I gave Norm a twitchy smile trying not to puke from last night's dinner & absorbing the information.

After hours of briefing & studying the avatars, static noises came from Norm's headset.

"Norm?.. hey Norm! open up man! we're here with fruits!"

Fruits? that sounded genuinely adorable but fruits? like from Pandora or..? coz i could really go for some oranges or apples right now.

Norm rushed out leaving me with the weird looking avatar bodies & the scientist buried in his computer. I walked out to take a peek at whats happening outside the lab & my eyes widened as i saw 2 large Na'vi in loincloths standing in the middle of the ship with masks laughing at Norm's "jokes".

One of the Na'vi men took notice of me & I slammed the door shut running to the other side of the lab's exit "NO. This is NOT my first encounter with a native. No fucking way" my heart was beating so fast & i was scared. Why was i scared..? I had nothing to be scared about.. right?

I hid in one of coat closets trying to recollect my thoughts & just breathe. Fucking breathe Violet..

"H..hey.. are you okay in there?" said an unfamiliar but young voice.

"Yeah. Its just.. my anxiety is through the roof right now & i feel like my head is spinning, i just needed some air"

"Well if you needed some air, you're definitely not gonna get it in there miss"

Is he for real right now? I pushed the closet door open thinking it was some other scientist & my heart stopped.
Right infront of me, an 8 ft tall Na'vi with golden yellow eyes on his knees looking right at me. It felt like my heart popped right out of my chest but the first glance was captivating, like he's been wanting to see me.

"H..Hi. I didn't mean to scare you miss, would you like a yovo fruit?" said the Na'vi.

"Y.. you speak english?"

"Yes i do! my father taught me & my siblings many things about the humans-"

All i could do was look at this man in awe as he was talking to me, i was speechless & no longer scared. He sounded so gentle, so pleasant, so.. charming with his sweet voice, so... WHAT? SNAP OUT OF IT.