𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙢𝙖'𝙩𝙚𝙮𝙖𝙢

"Ma'Teyam? may i ask you something?" i asked as we laid at the edge of the cliff admiring the clouds passing above us & his ikran Syulang resting by his side, feeling his fingers drawing circles on my ticklish skin.

"mhmm?" he said giddy, feeling like king of the world after the kiss we shared.

"Why do you choose me?" i asked as i turned to him fiddling with his beaded braids. His eyes slowly widened & ears lifted, making me realise that he felt a little shy & embarrassed to answer my question.

"When you first saw me from afar, i was a human. Just another scientist in the ship who barely noticed an 8ft tall charming blue man walking around." i said as i cups his red cheek.

He chuckles & sighs at the powder blue sky, his hand reached up to the clouds with fingers moving along the wind. Looking at him enjoy the simple things, my mind was at ease. I could honestly lay here & talk to him all day.

"I didn't understand it at first" he said taking in a deep breath & putting his hand back on his chest, right on his heart.

"The first time, you were rushing from lab to lab with crumpled papers in your arms. & i've never seen a young human in the ship before, so i want to say hello & hoped that maybe we could be of same age. But you disappeared."

In my mind, all i could recall from that time was running around collecting printed data about the plant anatomy. After that vision passed, i bat my lashes for Neteyam to continue.

"The second time, Norm wanted to introduce Lo'ak & i to the team. I hoped to Eywa that morning that you would be in the lab with the other scientists, but Norm assumed you overslept which you did" he chuckles exposing his fangs.

"The third time?" he said turning to me, meeting my eyes & gently caressing my cheek like it was a flower.

"You were reading a book at the far corner of the lab, i finally got to look at you & i almost said hello. But you were lost in your studies. Your cheeks smiled at the words in your little book, tilting your head at something that confuses you when you read. Your fingers fidgeting with your bottom lip when you get nervous or if something is serious.."

My eyes gleamed at his words, i could tell that he truly loves expressing moments he experiences in english.

Me or it could be another human, reading/ getting lost in a book was something new to him. He definitely pays attention to every detail when his interest falls onto someone or something. Which is one of the things i adore about him.

"Your black hair flowing down your shoulders.. your head was falling so deep into the book that you didn't notice me standing 10 feet away from you Vi!" He claps & laughs, now making my cheeks red as a rose.

I do wonder.. What if i had slowed down? what if i woke up on time that day? what if i looked up from my book each time i heard the door open? would he still had fallen for me? i'd just be another human he'd meet without the little things he mentioned.

Neteyam gives me a kiss on my forehead & continues, "I never thought i would see the day where i would want to protect a human girl, but when you came out of that little door, my heart was set & happy."

"even if you chose to stay away from me, i would protect you from afar Ma'Vi" he said turning his head back to face the sky, letting out a content sigh.

Some how that made my heart swell. How does someone like this exist? Did it took me to leave earth just to chance upon someone who would protect & care for me in a romantic way? god.

Neteyam sat up to retrieve a pebble sized ocean blue crystal from his pouch, gently fixing it into the middle of my chest piece. "I found this crystal the same day i first saw you!" he said smiling ever so handsomely.