𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨

My braided hair in the wind, arms open, Neteyam's hands on my thigh making sure that i do not fall off at any point, Lo'ak crazy howling making us laugh. Everything felt like a dream, it was too perfect.

We landed far away from the forest clan, they are known as the Omatikaya clan & one of the fiercest ones out there when it comes to hunting. But Neteyam & Lo'ak always find hidden spots like this, away from the people, from the responsibilities & occasionally their father's nagging.

The brothers explained to me that i couldn't just walk into the clan, i had to be accepted as their sister, i had to learn the ways of the Omatikaya, move like an Omatikaya, breathe like an Omatikaya. & most importantly, their dad shouldn't know that they brought a new avatar to the forest. Their dad would always remind them how dangerous it is to bring a new soul into the forest without any hunting knowledge.

Lo'ak gently hands me a melon fruit & i took a bite, my eyes widened in wonder & i start devouring the fruit like i haven't had anything to eat in years. It was like i almost went feral & i chuckled looking at the brothers, they joined me & watched as i enjoy the fruit like a baby.

Then Lo'ak bids us farewell & took off to meet his boys while Neteyam grabbed my arm pulling me into a soft quiet part of the forest.

"Shhh.. Listen" he says as we crouch down, finger to his lips.

I heard the sounds of the forest, the way it breathes, the way the plants move, the river, the small animals to the big & other creatures surrounding us. I couldn't help but smile, i couldn't believe that i am in Pandora's forest with someone i just met. But Norm once reassured me that i wouldn't have to worry with him because he knew Neteyam since he was a baby.

Neteyam pulled out something wrapped from the leaves behind him & gave it to me like it was a birthday present. Technically, it kinda is. My avatar is born today.

I unwrapped the gift & it was a beaded top with pretty feathers, brand new loincloth & something to protect my feet as im not use to the forest grounds yet. My eyes soften & my heart was swollen with appreciation.

"Did you make this?" i asked.

"I had some help from my sisters! i told them that they're gonna have a new friend soon & they got excited." he said biting his lip.

"Thats.. so sweet Neteyam, oh my you guys didn't have to go through all of that trouble!"

"No no! we want you to have it. I want you to have it Violet" as his eyes softens & he starts fidgeting with his hands, i immediately took notice.

"Nete? i love it so much." reassuring him that i love his gift, putting my hands over his & his eyes glistened.

I walked towards a tree & stood behind a large fern leaf to change & Neteyam immediately turned his entire body to the other direction feeling shy. I guess he didn't expect me to change right now but i wanted to try it on so badly & discard this cold hospital gown.

This.. is more revealing than i thought. But if this is what they wear then i cant disrespect it, especially when they put effort into making this for me. Its so beautifully crafted, i couldn't take my eyes off the patterns on the feathers.

I pushed the large leaf down to reveal my new look to Neteyam.

"What do you think?" i asked trying to look cute for him & posing by the tree. What.. are you doing Violet. This looks stupid, he's gonna laugh!

"Wow Vi.. Violet.. you look, better than i imagined" his eyes just widens & he stood up walking towards me, making me feel a little nervous.

"Do you like it?" he stands closer to me, asking me in his raspy voice, looking at my thin waist to my neck.