𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩

𝑵𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

"Nete.. please! help me!!"

"Ma'Vi?! where are you?! i cant- i cant see you!"

"help me! i cant breathe!"

"My love tell me where you are! i'll find you! please!"

" the s-.."

"Vi?.. Vi! someone fucking help me! Eywa please!"

"NO!"

My entire family crowded around me, waking me up from the hellish nightmare of losing my heart. Coughing & getting choked up as they sat me up straight, my grandmother then wiped my forehead with a damp cloth.

"Neteyam! what's wrong my son? speak to me!" my mother cried out, pushing everyone out of the way.

My throat was closing up, the hut was spinning & heads hovering over me turned into a spiral.

"He's delirious, he needs air! we need to bring him outside!" my dad panicked, picking me up.

Taking me out to face the forest, i brought my hand to my chest. Tearing up over how careless i was in leaving her behind. How did i lose her just like that? what if she's-

"Fuck!" i punched the tree bark.

My siblings stood behind me, afraid to touch or speak to me. I've never let any one witness this sight of me before but this time it was too painful to hold it in. I have to find her. I will find her & never let go. So i stood up, calling out to my ikran,

"Just where do you think you're going?" my dad pulled me back by my shoulders.

"Dad, we weren't looking hard enough, i need to search again" i said.

"My boy.. you've been flying for 2 days & 2 nights, you're beyond restless son" he said turning me around to face my worried family behind him.

"I know dad, but my heart will not rest easy even if i try to sleep. Please let me-"

"I will look for her" Lo'ak said.

"We will all take turns to look for her" my mother stepped in. Cupping my cheeks before giving me one of her tender hug.

My sisters grabbed my hand, as Lo'ak & my parents went ahead. They pulled me back into the hut to lay me down on soft mat this time. Hoping i would fall asleep instantly but-

Her screams filled my head. I hated not being able to see her in the void, not being able to feel her touch. It was like she was there, close enough to grab hold of me but far at the same time. She was about to say where she was but she faded, for the past 2 nights its been the same thing over & over again each time i fall asleep. Its fucking killing me.

"Arggh! i cant fucking sleep!" i sat back up. Hands over my head, sweating profusely & growling to the floor.

"Brother! what do you need?" my sister Kiri rushed to me with a cup of water.

"I need to know that she's okay Kiri. H-how can i be so irresponsible..how?" i shakily asked.

"Theres no way it is your fault brother.." she said while she rubbed my back.

"I hear her voice every time i close my eyes. Screaming for help.. for me. Telling me she cant breathe. What if-.. what if shes.."

"Nonsense! Violet is fine brother! she probably passed out or is finding a way back home as we speak!" Kiri smacked my arm.