𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝

Muffled voices started to enter my brain, i could hear the monitors beeping beside my bed & the room was warm. My muscles felt insanely numb, i was awake but i couldn't move my body, talk or open my eyes.

Judging by all of this, i figured that i was in the medical ward needles already in my veins after what went down.

Also by Lo'ak's cold hands gripping onto mine as i could hear him praying to Eywa, "You'll be okay Vi-, i know you will wake up. You are in Eywa's prayers now, have my word that whoever did this to you will be greatly punished."

Neteyam's screams slowly echoed in my ears right after,

"what haPPENED TO HER?! WHY DOES SHE HAVE BURN SCARS & SCRATCHES ON HER SKIN?! WHO DID THIS TO HER?!" followed by frustrated growls & metal trays crashing onto the floor.

"Ftang (stop) Neteyam! please sit down & i'll explain everything to you!..Please calm down my friend" Norm's voice replied in a panic tone.

I could hear the rage in Neteyam's voice. I could also tell that Norm was afraid of him in this state,
"she is young too my friend, she doesn't know & understand why you had to leave. You have to talk to her if you choose her for your heart." Norm continued softly.

"But that doesn't explain why she has those allover her body.. I cannot see her hurting Norm. I cannot handle that." Neteyam replied in a shaky tone, almost sounding like he was crying.

"She's the one person whom i want to protect with my life but i failed because..i-" he stopped. I could feel Lo'ak's grip getting loose, letting my hand rest on its own. Neteyam's pain in his voice was something that worried both his bother & Norm.

I couldn't bear to see the boys hurting in any way & i didn't want to worry them any longer,  so i tried my best to focus all my strength mainly onto my fingers. By Eywa's grace, 2 of my fingers then twitched which made Lo'ak cry out for his brother's name.

"NETEYAM! Her hand! she has movement in her hand brother!"

Another hand reached to grab my free hand, kissing my knuckles & slowly patting it. "Ma,Vi.. my sweet Vi please if you're awake, please open your eyes for me..Im here now, im right here." said the comforting tender voice.

My body was incapable of moving, but i swore i felt my head tilting to face the warm voice.

Tears rolled down my cheek when i realised that it was Neteyam begging for me to be alive & well, my breathing picked up & my heartbeats were rapid again making the monitors beep soundly for the nurses to come in.

Seconds after, i could hear more voices dashing in to push the boys & Norm out of the room, "I have to stay by her! you cant do this to me I NEED HER!". Suddenly my head felt a sharp pain & it immediately went black again, just like that i fell into a deep sleep.

--

Hours have passed & my eyes were blurry as they opened, the room was dark but i see a silhouette sitting in front of my bed.
I tried to wipe my eyes in hopes to see Neteyam, but this shape was identical to mine. Then see Norm writing something on a notebook, i figured he resumed his work as he waited for me to wake up.

"H..ey dude" i said weary trying to sit up.

"Oh my god. Thank you, thank you, thank you Eywa!" Norm gasped rushing towards my side.

Tugging onto my sleeve like a child, Norm soon simmered down & continued "He was here too, he sat by your side for 4 hours hoping that you'd wake up. He only went back because of his father's orders."

I decided not to tell Norm that i could hear the boys in panic before i passed out again, it felt like i was eavesdropping on something that i shouldn't have heard.