𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮

"Happy birthday!!" Norm sprung into the lab, bringing in a plate of ration cake pieces stacked on top of each other. Everyone followed behind Norm & they were immediately let down by the sight.

After a night of Neteyam teasing me with his flirty stares & occasionally using his tail to pull me closer to him, he wrapped me up in a blanket when i passed out. My face buried in Neteyam's chest & nestled in his arms like a baby by the morning. He is twice my size, so i felt extra protected by his large hands.

Neteyam hissed at the sound of the door slamming open, his dagger already out & ready to launch at the 'intruder.' I felt his body tensed up & i woke up immediately, shushing him down.

"Thank you guys.. you didn't have to do that" i said, rubbing my eyes & turning to meet everyone as Neteyam loosened his grip.

I slowly got up to blow the invisible candles & everyone clapped merrily, "someone is 19 now! so that means no more curfew, not that you had one" Norm scoffed, trying to joke it out in his usual manner. Lo'ak would probably be jealous of his words if he was here right now.

Then Neteyam lifted me up, giving me a small spin. "Happy birthday my sweet girl!!" he says excitedly, followed by a appropriate kiss on the forehead as Papa bear Norm is still present in the room.
I gave Neteyam a kiss on the cheek anyways before he breathed into his mask for air.

"I've heard about these birthdays, my dad would tell us that the sky people use a cal- lender? to remember the dates!" he said tilting his head to the mispronounced word. My heart exploded over hearing Neteyam's cute stutter at the english word.

Norm had a little tear rolled down his cheek, slowly getting all emotional "my daughter is all grown up now! I can only sit back & watch her soar" he said as Carla placed her palms on his shoulders to comfort him.

An idea struck Neteyam & he turned to both Norm & Carla, "keep her busy! i'll be right back!" he huffs as he quickly grabs his bow, rushing out of the facility.

"You know, I wouldn't be surprise if he just got up & left one day" i said gripping on Norm's sleeve as i watched Neteyam disappear into the forest enthusiastically with his cloth bag & bow.

"& leave his girl behind? over my dead body! besides, theres 2 of you in here which is extra terrifying to him. He's gonna go all crazy with the dagger" Norm comically imitating Neteyam's hiss, then throwing his wrists in the air & walking back to his desk.

But it got me thinking. I never made a birthday wish yet & i still got a few hours, maybe its time to re-think about what i want.

I looked over to Norm, Carla, Dr Patel & the Pilot. Humans like me, but on Pandora; an easy target for the rogue hunters & the wild. Maybe, permanently transferring my conscious into my avatar's body. I could protect them if i did this, if i practiced my skills more & be Neteyam's forever mate.

Glancing at my avatar's body made me rethink my entire life's decision. It will be easier wont it? Im physically stronger & i heal faster, apparently im good with the bow too.

But what about my research? my book? will i ever go back to earth? god i need a damn sign!

Suddenly- Neteyam's ikran shrieked right outside of the facility, everyone hunched down to slowly take a peek outside & Toruk Makto landed. Norm sighed in relief & grabbed a mask to head out, "Dude! every sound i hear just spikes up my blood pressure!" he shouts out to Mr Sully.

Norm helped Mr Sully as he limped into the facility to greet us, "Hey guys-" he pauses to scan the room.

"Where is my s-" as we heard footsteps trailing behind.