𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚. 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙮𝙘𝙡𝙚

As we ran deep into the roots, all the way down the stream, there was a tiny straw-like hut hidden in plain sight. It seemed perfect if you wanted to be alone & away from the busy village life.

"My brother & i spent our early teenage years building this place incase of an emergency. Kinda like now!" Tsireya said, pulling me into the hut by my wrist.

My eyes scanned the walls, hanging above were braided seaweed, colourful bioluminescent flowers & shells decorated allover the ceiling for lights. At the corner, there were personal items of the 2 siblings. Like fishing nets, spears & ropes in cloth bags.

"Please! make yourself comfortable! this will be your temporary home till your heat passes" she said as she carefully proceeded to remove the cloth wrapped around my body.

It was really sweet of her to lend me her little hut. Tsireya never failed to make sure that i was always well fed & kept warm. I was truly grateful & as soon as this complication gets out of the way, i told myself that i would thank her with a special shell to add on to her headpiece.

I was in awe of her beautiful secret home, "This is- amazing! what you did with this place!" i chuckled.

But before taking another step, i suddenly fell to my knees.

"Vi! oh great mother be careful! lets sit you down here you little baby" she grabbed hold of me.

An hour of running, pushing through bushes, a night of bawling uncontrollably & now the sunlight attacking my puffy eyes, it finally got to me. My head was spinning & i felt dizzy. Tsireya sat me down onto a mat by the wall with her hand-sewn blanket, handing me a cup of fresh stream water.

"Wait here! try to close your eyes & get some rest. I'll be back with spare loincloths & food for us from the village to cook tonight!" she said, delicately stroking my hair.

She took her seaweed basket from the rack & headed out. Shutting the door tightly, almost making a stem snapping sound. I sighed at the amount of misfortunes i've encountered ever since i first linked into this body.

Maybe i should've sympathised with Norm & remained a human. One things for sure, is that i wouldn't have to go through with this heat cycle.

Dozing off to sound of birds & the stream right outside the hut, for once everything felt at ease till the feeling of shockwaves down my legs kicked me to sit up. I groaned lethargically & placed my hand on my womb, gently rubbing the area to soothe the mild pain.

"Its- too early.. i th-ought i had a couple more days" i said to myself.

I looked around the hut for Tsireya but there was no sign of her return & that could only mean one thing, her parents caught & punished her for disappearing all night & morning without informing them of her whereabouts.

My hand unconsciously trailed down to the source of the unpleasant discomfort, removing my loincloth to reveal my already soaking folds. My eyes widened to see the soaked stain underneath Tsireya's blanket & i immediately stood up to flip the cloth to dry it out.

"Shit- i have to wash this out by the stream!" i panicked.

Attempting to push the door open, my aching heat crawled up my skin & i crouched down promptly by the entrance. Shifting in discomfort,

"Neteyam.. please, i need you so badly" i mumbled, trying to get back up on my feet.

The rush of mixed mood swings emotionally destroyed me & i was deeply craving for Neteyam's presence. My eyes were cried out but my body was deliberately yearning for his touch, resorting into me taking matters into my own hands. Literally.