𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Everyone came to a stop, all heads turned when Rheya voiced out on the sky girl's turn. Me.

The pressure is on when Mr Sully had his arms crossed in uncertainty while Lo'ak ran to his older brother's side, all eyes were on me now & whispers among the other girls flooded through the crowd.

"Fìketuwongìl ke nayume ke'ut, nì'ul kame tskxe (This alien will learn nothing, a rock sees more)"

Neteyam was definitely pissed at the youngsters when the word got to him, they had no respect for his love ones & so he immediately hushed the crowed as he paced forward, giving infuriated glares to the young warriors.

I stepped into the circle with eyes on my opponent, a girl shorter than me but she had one of the nastiest smug i've ever seen. She howled, making the crowd excited for this particular fight & now i have no other choice but to fight.

My nerves were on edge as soon as i heard the crowd chanting my opponent's name. I couldn't look at Neteyam or Lo'ak no more, not when i know im about to be beaten to a pulp. I had to think of some strategy to win this, find her weakness.

Great Mother if you hear this, please grant me all your strength

"Kä! (Go!)" Rheya yelled.

My opponent was fast, she ran towards me & pinned me to the ground instantly with one move. Already lowering her dagger down to my chest, she was laughing maniacally. I could hear Lo'ak at the back screaming for me to get up, to fight her.

Neteyam pushed his way to the front in panic of me getting hurt by the warrior. As a mentor, you're not suppose to show favouritism towards any of the warriors in training. But i am his & he yelled out,

"Ma'Vi! you can do this! get up!!"

Fuck this. I brought my legs up to yank her queue, bringing her whole body back, giving me space to move away from her weapon & swiping the dagger from her hands. Quickly moving my feet to the front, kicking her lower abdomen.

If i could do it to Lauako, a man twice as heavy as me. I can definitely do it to a girl twice as light as me.

She grunted & hissed at me for taking her precious dagger, grabbing a fistful of sand & throwing it right at me to blur my vision out for a few seconds.

That was cheating but there it was, pettiness. A weakness every normal teenager would carry in a fight. All i have to do is slowly break her, by either taking away her ability to use her hands or stand.

I remember that Neytiri trained me on how to use my ears when it comes to differentiating the many sounds in one place. We meditated for days, focusing on selecting specific sounds coming from various directions of the forest. Using our arrows to shoot down the selected sound, this was no different.

As my eyes closed, i zoned the crowd out. My ears perked up, hearing footsteps running towards my direction & i dodged her velocity. Silencing the crowd.

"GO VI!!!" Lo'ak screamed.

My hands reached for her wrist, snapping it upwards which created a crack sound coming from her bones. But as my attention was all on breaking one of her carpal bone, her free hand got to me, slamming my face down to the sand as she screamed in pain.

While she was distracted with her discomfort, i quickly flipped her to face the sand. Sitting on her back like how Lo'ak did to me back at the river. My vision was blurry but the sound waves were still heightened & i smirked at how extraordinary i was able to use the Na'Vi's ears to its full advantage.

This felt fucking amazing. The way the my body instantaneously moves as a Na'Vi compared to my human body.

Mr Sully stood up in awe of how this was going. It was no longer training, it was a betting match. It suddenly got interesting to the youngsters & some of them started betting on their prized possessions on my opponent & some on me.