𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧. 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝑵𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒚𝒂𝒎'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

My love did it! she actually did it! look at her go, she has never looked more free spirited & unbounded up in the sky. What a beautiful sight! i can't wait to join her!

"Baby bro lets go get our ikrans by the river!" i tapped his right arm as i eagerly ran back into the waterfall cave.

"Lets tell mom & dad too! i bet they wanna hear all about it!" my little brother howled behind me.

We climbed down the vines slowly, leaving the 2 warriors at the back to fend for themselves as a punishment for mocking Violet. Panting as we reached the grounds to find my sisters Kiri & Tuk waiting for us by the trees,

"Did she do it? Did she?" Tuk jumped like she had bugs crawling up her legs.

"Yes she did! Look at her!" i pointed up to the sky but she was nowhere to be found.

My siblings & i searched the sky as we wandered off separately in the forest, trying to find for a rider on a teal ikran. Confused & frantic, something must've happened while she was up there by the vine rocks.

I ran to the river bank where our ikrans were resting, Lo'ak, Kiri & Tuk were already there waiting on my signal to take off. I nodded my head & we climbed on, with Tuk sitting infront of her big sister.

This cant be, she's fine. She probably stopped at a nearby mountain rock from feeling overwhelmed, or got stuck on a pesky vine like my first time. She's okay Neteyam, fucking snap out of it. She's okay.

"Makto ko! (Lets ride!)" i howled, reaching my right arm to the sky for where i last saw my Violet.

We took off, soaring up high enough to scan the perimeter but it was too jam packed. Swarms of ikrans flying in circles around the mountains as it was their feeding time, there was no one in sight, not a sound of anyone calling for help either.

My little brother & sisters split ways in opposite directions in hopes to spot my Violet among the chaos. We didn't have our headsets on so we had no choice but to meet each other back at the river by sundown & then worse, explain to our dad.

I stopped at every nook & cranny of each rock mountain. Every tree, bush or river that she could've possibly fallen into, nothing. Not a trace of a snapped branch nor blood from her or her ikran. Thank Eywa on that part.

But the feeling deep inside me was starting to get bad, i circled around to gather my siblings before the ikrans got annoyed with our presence. I cant fathom this emotion im feeling, the loss of my love when she was just in my sight a few minutes ago.

"Im sorry bro.. we couldn't find her!" my little brother waved & yelled out from across a rock.

"We should head back, maybe mom & dad could help us" Kiri spoke out after, holding my sleepy baby sister in her arms.

I grunted in frustration, defeated from the search & i couldn't help but turn back to look for her once again. My siblings headed to the grounds to wait on my arrival after sundown even though we knew it would get us into trouble.

--

We walked home, thinking of ways to explain to our parents about the situation, how were we going to tell Norm about it too & avoid another mental breakdown from him. Everyone was nervous & agitated over the thoughts of the adults taking over.

Then, we spotted our dad standing at the entrance of our family hut, arms crossed with a tetchy look on his face. Oh we're definitely screwed.

"Where have you guys been?! don't you know its passed sundown? where's Violet?" my dad asked, looking at each of us furiously for an answer.