𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙨

I sat by the empty walkway, kicking my feet in the water as i faced the beautiful planet covered by clouds during the upcoming sunset. The orangey rays reflected onto the sea of ilus & riders, hearing the sounds of children laughing & adults fishing.

It was truly serene.

Tsireya waved from a far alongside Mira & her sisters, splashing & living the Metkayina life to its fullest. But deep down, even though this home is to die for, part of me was still unhappy with my current state & living situation.

I sighed to the sky & as usual, nothing peaceful like this lasts as long as i wished.

"Psst!"

"W-what..?" i mumbled, looking around to detect the noise as my ears perked up.

"Over here!" said the voice.

My eyes searched the trees to discover another pair of teal eyes looking in my direction. Because of the amount of shit i've dealt with in the past, i picked up my dagger & raised it to the empty distance.

Tilting my head with furrowed brows, i held my belly incase it or whoever attempts to jump out at me-

"No need for that! its just me!" said the voice.

"Then come out of there if you're not so threatening" i said.

Aonung emerged from the trees, crouching down to hide from the villagers sitting in the pods. He quickly pulled me into the roots by the wrist & away from anyone's sight.

"Ao! what are you doing? you're not suppose to be near me remember?!" i yelled out but he covered my mouth.

"Shh! i know! my sister spoke to me earlier but- i just, i want to apologise to you so hush & follow me" he whispered with a low growl, lowering his hand from my face.

Putting a finger to his lips, he hand signed to me that i should remain calm with him & lower my voice. I blinked in discomfiture because this was still a little awkward & unsettling, considering how we left things off without having any closure.

"Okay okay! but where are we going?" i asked trying to meet his eyes.

"You'll see!" he winked.

He took my hand again, bringing me to the other side of the reef. At the edge, there was an ilu waiting on our arrival in the water & he guided me down slowly to its slippery back. I was still confused as to why he was doing this when his family heavily forbids him from being around me,

"Ao, what is this? tell me where are you taking me" i demanded, tapping his back.

"Im taking you to a special place & you have my word that i will not be a nuisance to you" he reassured.

I wrapped my arm around his waist as we rode to towards the sunset, hiding my face behind his back as the water splashed to his chest. Going around the perimeter & away from the reefs, we arrived at the Metkayina's sacred site.

They look like floating islands but much smaller & more horizontal compared to the Mountains. The difference lies in the geology of the Cove of the Ancestors & the most recognisable feature of the Cove is the circular rock structures that look like inverted arches.

I marvelled at its beauty as the sun hit the arches, thinking how Norm would kill to take samples & images of a place like this. I have never seen something this glorious.

Pandora never fails to take my breath away.

"If only i had my sample kit.." i mumbled as my eyes continued to sparkle.