Chapter Thirty

A;N: This is a short chapter, next one will be out soon.. Please Vote, Comment, Share. Thank you all!! XO

~Babies are soft. Anyone looking at them can see the tender, fragile skin. But when you live with them and love them, you feel the softness going inward, the round-cheeked flesh wobbly as custard, the boneless splay of the tiny hands. Holding them against you, they melt and mold, as though they might at any moment flow back into your body~

The hospital lights forced my eyes to open. "We need to get her to the delivery suite the babies are distressed, it's dangerous for them both. I begin to panic. "Calm down Mrs Royal." The doctor says. "Where's Alec?" I ask scared. "I called him mommy, he's on his way." A voice says beside me. "Jett." I sob as they push me in to the suite.

A few of the doctors carry me from one of the beds to another. The bed was raised a little so I was sitting up. "Where's Alec?" I ask again. "Mrs Royal, I'm going to need you to calm down, the babies are distressed, it is very dangerous for you to panic." The doctor says, I close my eyes and I take deep breaths. I began to feel calm, until a sharp pain began in my stomach, I groaned. "Mrs Royal you're going to have to start pushing, these babies need to come out now." The doctor says pressing a button, a swarm of doctors in blue gowns came in with masks and gloves, two of them wheeled in two small incubators, they were for the babies. "Where's Alec!?" I call through strained pushes. "I'm here baby." Alec says running in, he wore his jeans and a shirt. "Alec." I cry. "I'm so sorry baby." Alec says walking over to me and kissing my head. The doctor hands him a gown and Alec puts it on.

"Okay Olivia, your going to have to push." The doctors says, Alec takes my hand, he looks down at me and smiles. "Push." The doctor repeats. I begin pushing. "Go on baby, you can do it." Alec says in my ear. I begin pushing harder. "I can see the head." Alec says amazed. "Push." The doctor says. I push again. "One more time." Alec says in my ear. I begin pushing harder. I felt the baby come out of me but I didn't hear a sound, not even a small cry. "What's going on? " Alec asks just as scared as I was. "Alec find out please." I say trying to sit up, the pain was unbearable. "Olivia, the second baby is coming. You're going to have to push Olivia." The doctor says. I begin pushing, I sobbed with each scream. "You can do it." Alec says from beside me. "Is it okay?" I ask him. "He's a Royal, He'll be fine." Alec says trying not to make me panic. Moments later the baby wailed. "Alec." I say looking up at him. "He's fine." Alec says proudly. "Mrs Royal we need to get the second baby out." The doctors says standing at the end of the bed. "Push." Alec says, I begin pushing, four more pushes and the baby was out. "It's a girl." The doctor says with a smile, she wailed along with her brother. "Congratulations." The doctor said handing me her. I looked down at her and wrapped her in her blanket, I held her against my chest and kissed her head. "She's perfect." Alec says amazed. The nurse hands Alec our baby boy, Alec sits on the bed next to me and holds him out in front of him. "They're both perfect." Alec says with a smile. "Can you send Jett and Cooper in?" I ask the midwife, she smiles and nods, she then walks out of the room. "I'm sorry Olivia." Alec says looking over at me. "It's fine." I say looking up at him. The midwife walks back in. Jett and Cooper followed behind her, they both climbed up at the end of the bed. "Wow." Jett says looking down at his brother and sister. "What's their names?" Cooper asks me. Alec looks over at me and I look over at him. "We haven't thought about it yet." I say with a small smile. "I like the name Chloe." Jett says with a wide grin. I look over at Cooper who nods his head, I look over at Alec, he smiles. "Chloe." He repeats. "Fine." I say with a smile. "Chloe it is." I say looking at Jett. I look over at Alec who was looking down at our baby boy, he was deep in thought. "What?" I ask him. "Colton." Alec says looking at me. "Colton?" I repeat. "Colton and Chloe." Jett says nudging Cooper. "Yeah." Cooper says nodding his head. The doctor walks in. "Mrs Royal we are going to have to take the babies down to the baby unit." He says, he was followed by two nurses. I nod my head and I hand Chloe to her while Alec hands Colton over to the other nurse. They put the babies in the incubators and wheeled them out. "Can we go watch them?" Jett asks us. Alec nods his head, Jett and Cooper jump off the bed and they follow behind the nurses, leaving me, Alec and the doctor. Due to the premature birth, we are going to have to keep you and the babies inside just to keep an eye on you all. Other than that they are both very healthy." The doctor says with a smile. Alec looks over at me proudly. "Are you feeling okay at all Mrs Royal?" The doctor asks. "Well I did just deliver two babies." I say chuckling. Alec stays quiet, the doctor smiles and shakes his head. "You fell down the stairs Olivia." He says, I suddenly remember Jett's skateboard, the argument. I smile. "I'm fine doc." I say. "Alright well I'll be back to check on you in a few hours. I'm just going to stop by a few other patients." The doctor says, I smile and nod. "Thank you." Alec says. "Any time Alpha." The doctor says walking out leaving me and Alec alone. We sat in silence for a moment. "I'm sorry." Alec says. "So you've said a few times." I say. "No I really mean it Olivia, I am sorry, I should've known better, Why didn't you tell me?" Alec asks. I smile. "Because I had it under control, I didn't want to bother you with my child-like problems." I say sitting up, I wince in pain. "Careful." Alec says helping me up. "Your problems could never be child-like. I am really sorry Olivia. I should of just listened." Alec says sadly. "It's fine, people react in different ways. I'm fine, the babies are fine. That's all that matters." I say smiling, Alec smiles back and kisses my lips. "I love you Olivia." He says looking in to my eyes. I love you to." I say, we quickly kiss one more time before the door flew open. My mom walked in carrying Eli while my dad held Theo's hand. "Are you alright Liv?" My dad asked. "We came as soon as we heard." My mom says. "Are the babies okay?" My dad asked worried. "I'm fine the babies are to." I say holding my arms out for Eli. My mom places him in my arms, I kiss his head. "Where are they? Can we see them?" my mom asks. "I'll take you to the unit." Alec says standing up. He kisses my forehead and then Eli's. He then walks to the door pulling it open. "After you." He says smiling at my mom and dad.