Chapter Forty One (Christmas Special)

A;N I was going to release it yesterday but I didn't finish it. Um I'm working on a new story, I'll be updating this one aswell but just letting you guys know. Please VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE my story :}

Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.

Christmas Eve

"Mommy can I put the star on the tree?" Eli asks holding the bright gold star, Alec lifts him up putting him on his shoulders Eli stretches his small arms and he places the star on the top. Alec places him on the ground and Eli smiles proudly. It was beautiful, the tree was a green with bright lights, we decorated it gold and red, the tinsels and the balls. Alec had got the all the kids hands printed, he had got them placed on the tree, It looked magical. "Wow." Colton said as he waddled in to the living room. "Santa's coming soon." Eli says smiling at him. "Santa Santa Santa!" Colton says running around. "Santa Santa Santa Santa!" Chloe says clapping her hands. "When are the cookies ready?" Jett asks smiling at me. "We'll go check. Can you check on the baby?" I ask Alec, he smiles nodding his head. I put the twins in their high chairs, Eli climbs on the stool while Jett stands back, I open the oven, their Christmas cookies were ready. "You think Santa will like them mom?" Eli asks. I smile. "He sure will, especially if you decorate it." I say as I take the icing gel out of the cupboard. "I want blue mom." Jett says as I grab four plastic plates from the dryer. I place them all in front of the kids and I put a cookie on each. "I'm going to write my name mommy, so he remembers who I am." Eli says as he begins writing in the gel. "Me too." Jett says as he writes his name, I help the twins do their names and we place the cookies all on one plate. "Don't forget the milk mommy!" Eli says happily. "And the carrots for Rudolph." Jett says walking over to the fridge. He grabs the milk and the carrots. I walk over to the cupboard and I get a glass. "Mom don't it have to be warm." Eli says smiling. "Oh yes I forgot." I say smiling. "How will Santa get in?" Eli asks as I put the milk in the microwave. "We'll have to leave the door open." Alec says walking in. I smile. "Will we mommy?" Eli asks me. "We will have to for him to get in." I say decorating a few cookies. "Daddy do you want to do one?" Jett asks. Alec smiles. "Sure kid." He says, I put the cookies on the table a warm milk and a small folded card. "Santa will love this." Jett says proudly to Eli. Eli grins happily. "It's getting late." Alec says looking up at the clock. "If we stay up late Santa will see we are still awake." Eli says. "Yeah he will and he won't come." Jett says taking Eli's hand. "Can we have one cookie?" Jett asks. "Sure just one." Alec says handing them one."Daddy are you going to read us a story?" Eli asks. "It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't." Alec says smiling. He carries the twins upstairs, Jett and Eli follow behind them. I follow them up the stairs, Alec had taken them in to Jett's room, I stood by the door and listened. "Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there." I hear Alec reading. "Is Saint Nicholas Santa?" Eli asks. "That's a stupid question doofus." Jett says. "Jett." Alec says in a warning tone. "Sorry." Jett says. "The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads. And Mama in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap." Alec carries on reading. "When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw up the sash." I hear a yawn followed by two more. "The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow gave the lustre of midday to objects below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer. With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick. More rapid than eagles, his coursers they came,and he whistled and shouted and called them by name:" Alec says. "This is my favourite part." Eli says smiling. "Mine too." Jett says. "Then say it with me." Alec says smiling. "Now Dasher! Now Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donner and Blitzen! To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall! Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!" They all say together. Alec chuckles, I smile and I peeped in, Alec sat on the side of the bed, Colton and Chloe were asleep while Jett and Eli sat awake listening to the story. "As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky so up to the house-top the coursers they flew, with the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too." Alec says. I could hear Mason's cries from the next room so I went in, leaving Alec to finish the story.