Chapter Eight (Edited)

~ The best feeling in the world is realizing that you're perfectly happy without the thing you thought you needed ~

I woke up with a smile on my face. It was 7:30, I got up and jumped in the shower, within 20 minutes I was dressed and ready for work. Jett sat in his room playing with toys "You want breakfast?" I say popping my head in his door Jett nods. "Pancakes?" I ask he nods eagerly "Alright go see if Bolt wants some." I say as I walk down in to the kitchen. "Bolt!!" I hear Jett shout.as he runs through the hall way.

The pancakes were made by 8:45 Jett and Bolton sat at the table stuffing their faces "I'm gonna leave now." I say smiling at them both. I kiss Jett's head and smile "Seeya sweetie." I say smiling "Bye mommy" Jett says smiling "Be a good boy." I shout as I walk towards the door "I will!" He shouts as I shut the door. I climb in my car and start the engine, I head to work listening to the music which blasted from my stereo.

I parked the car outside Betty's and jumped out. "Good morning dear, Coffee?" Betty says smiling as she brings me a coffee as soon as I walk in "Thank you." I say smiling taking it from her hands. It tasted amazing. "There's a apron hanging over there once your done put it on." Betty says smiling. I nod before taking a sip of my coffee. Once I had finished I put the apron on to start a busy shift. I had my break at around lunch time and I sat in the coffee shop eating a muffin. The bell went and a customer walked in. It was Alec, he looked around the shop and his eyes met mine, he smiled as he began to walk over. "Are you stalking me now?" I say as he sits down opposite me "I should say the same thing." He smirks before quickly frowning "You left quickly and didn't reply to my text, did I scare you?" He says huskily "Not the slightest" I say sticking my tongue out at him. He grasps my face and kisses me, this time in public. "You've got to stop doing that." I murmur against his lips he smirks and kisses me again "I can't help it, your just perfect." He says smiling. I look up at Alec, his eyes flash with lust "I want to take you out." Alec says biting his lip. "What like a date?" I say grinning. "It's only a date if you want it to be.." He says a little nervously. "Okay." I say smiling back at him, he winks at me, which causes me to blush, he then takes a bite from my muffin and smiles. "Breaks over." Betty says as she walks over with a smile on her face, I stand up and Alec quickly grabs my wrist, he looks over at me and bites his lip, quickly he pulls me on to his lap and kisses me passionately leaving me breathless. "See you later." He says happily, I nod and I stand up walking towards Betty who stood there in total shock.

I could still feel my cheeks flushed from the kiss. "Olivia, could you tidy up table four please." Betty says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sure" I say quickly walking over to the table, I pick up the two coffee mugs and the plates which were there, I wiped the table down and put the cloth back in my apron. I walked back over to the counter and put the dirty things in the sink, I washed them and put them on the drainer. "Excuse me?" A voice called from over the counter, I turned around and there stood Lilly and Bentley. She looked at me her eyes wide with shock, "You work here now?" She asks holding in a chuckle. I could feel myself doing something I regret. "Betty." I call, the elderly woman waddled over to the counter. "Could you serve these two please, I've got to check if my son's doing okay. It's been a while now." I say smiling. Betty nods while I hang my apron up on the hanger and I leave the shop. I dial Bolton's number and he quickly answers. "Hello." He says quickly. "Hi, is Jett doing okay?" I ask hopeful, "Yeah, he's fine, how's work going?" Bolton asks me. "Lilly and Bentley just came in to the shop." I huff rolling my eyes as if he could see me. "What time do you finish?" He asks me. "In about an hour I think. I'll ask Betty." I say, I could hear Jett shouting my name in the background. "Mommy!" He shouts down the phone "Yes sweetie?" I say "Mommy I miss you, when are you coming home?" He asks cheerfully. "Soon sweetie, Mommy's got to go now though okay." I say smiling as if he could see me "Okay mommy, Love you." He replies "Love you too." I say, the ruffling on the other side of the line meant that Jett was handing the phone back to Bolton. "What's he doing?" I ask. "Playing xbox." Bolton says. "What are you doing tonight Bolt?" I ask hoping he would say nothing "I'm going home for a few days." He says sighing. "Oh alright then." I say a little disappointed. "Why?" He asks me. "Nothing." I say smiling again as if he could see me. "Alright kid, well I'm gonna get back to this game." Bolton says "See ya later." I say hanging up the phone.